Arc 2: Noble City IX: The Last Hour Part 2
39 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I don't own Gate or Nihon-koku Shoukan as it belongs to its rightful owners.

Arc 2: A City, A Diplomacy A Dragon

Noble City IX: The Last Hour Part 2

"Everyone has a bad past, it's the reality of life even in another world. It only takes a matter of courage to confront them and it only takes the right attitude to handle them." -New World Journal

Standing in front of them was one of the things that she had always disliked ever since that certain incident.

The meeting area was vast as she could recall. It was one of the most important places in the Northern regions, especially for the various dragon communities as for the first time in years, the heads of the noble dragon clans of Rodenius had gathered for a special yet urgent occasion.

The latest report regarding the current condition of the Flame Dragon had arrived and there was finally a confirmation of some sort.

The Temple of Dagahara was alive once more, located in a specific spot where the clouds were below and the sun was above, giving it the illusion of being in the heavens itself.

Giselle stood in the middle of the circular space surrounded by various representatives of the clans, and the light of the sun shone in that very spot, revealing that she had everyone's attention.

"So is it true then? The flame dragon is controlled by magic.."

Giselle gave a slightly annoyed expression.

How many times she had to repeat the same thing that these very people had not believed her before?

"Not just any magic but illegal dark magic." She nodded." I know it may sound ridiculous but that is the truth." She then continued.

However, one of the heads of the clans objected.

"How could you say that she was being controlled against her will?" He argued." She left her duty because her offspring had disappeared for mysterious reasons and every mother would go to that lengths just to find their child."

There was a point, yet the apostle fired back.

"She left her duty without even notifying all of you." She said, as calmly as possible." Does that even ring a bell that is something wrong might happen?"

Silence came forward for a brief moment.

Amongst all people, she was the one to pick up the chore of investigating it.

"Let me ask this, did anyone one of you task your underlings to find out the truth?" She told them.

At least one of the dragon nobles nodded.

"What happened next? Did they come back with any news?"

Silence once more.

"Believe it or not, I gave my best to erase that dark magic but sadly the influence was too powerful and we might need to cooperate with at least the humans and if possible...one of them to solve this once and for all."

"I apologize cooperating with the humans is an impossible task considering that they are in their conflict right now." A head of the Dezu Dragon Clan then said." It's been part of our sacred oath not to-"

"That sacred oath happens to be the same thing that the Gods of this world had done for thousands of years." The apostle said.

"Why won't you all do something just this once!"

"And not rely on other people to do the job."

When she first heard that there would be a new dragon to take up the mantle as the guardian... it was just a simple dragon folk, just wanting her best for the future of her race and as well as her own family.

She had thought it would go well this time around and the only thing that came true was that the noble clans barely acted swiftly when trouble did come, and it was only several bland acknowledgments that remained.

"Giselle, you belonged to the same kind as ours, and even though the status of Apostles in this land is not that respectable...We still have high faith in your expertise to help us prevent this possible threat."

The young woman shook her head." You don't understand the situation!" She raised her voice." This is your chance to redeem yourselves and at least prevent many deaths!"

Silence then took over once more.

"That's the usual task of Apostles like-"

"I'm not like them..." Her voice grew cold, seeming to not like that certain statement.

Somehow, the particular dragon noble felt a chill that went down his back.

"Alright, that's enough!" The host of the temple then exclaimed, diffusing any kind of tension that was building.

"Giselle, we will keep our word but we are humbly asking you for your help on this." He informed, looking straight into her eyes." And if you find enough solid evidence that this is indeed the work of a powerful enemy, we will break that oath and extend our hand to help prevent more conflicts from happening."

The Apostle of Hardy slightly looked down, and before she turned around to face the golden skies, she forced a smile at the nobles, knowing that kind of promise wouldn't happen.

"You should have done that a long time ago."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Present Day

Ever since that fateful day, she accepted the blessing that her life had not been the same.

Giselle had been weary of everything yet she still needed to keep going and fight her way through all the crap being thrown at her. Fortunately, there are a few reasons that still gave her the drive to do so.

The trip to the skies only took her less than minutes and not long after, she found herself in the hellish battle zone.

From her perspective, the scene of the dark wyverns reminded her of murder hornets banding together to form this large mass that seemed impossible to penetrate or to escape. Moreover, the nearer she got to the zone, the more she could sense the heaviness and strong force that came from each of them.

The wyvern knights were occupied searching for their targets, and when they sensed a new presence approaching them, they turned in that direction and gave a devious smile.

Giselle gripped her weapon, her eyes determined upon seeing the large chunk of them charging towards her way.

The Draconian Apostle stayed calm as she gripped her scythe. A wicked smirk spread across her face as the weapon began to glow with an ominous strength. With one swift motion, she swung the scythe, unleashing a powerful energy that sliced through the air, tearing apart a chunk of the wyverns. Most of them were severed in half and fell to the ground, lifeless. Despite the carnage, the remaining wyverns continued their relentless assault, undeterred by the destruction around them.

Soon she found herself constantly on the run, trying to evade the menacing wyverns with their long necks stretching out like demon snakes, tracking her every move. The dark, ominous creatures breathed out continuous flames that seemed to spread like fiery streams, making it even more challenging for her to escape. To add to her woes, she also had to dodge the twisted knights who were hot on her heels, their massive weapons ready to strike at any moment.

As she gazed upon the swords for the first time, they appeared quite ordinary at first glance. However, upon closer inspection, she noticed that the blades had been magically enlarged, giving them a more intimidating appearance. Similarly, the bows and arrows seemed to be crafted from the flesh of a demon, lending them a sinister aura. When fired, the arrows would erupt into a burst of crimson energy that radiated intense heat, capable of scorching someone's skin with just a fraction of its power.

"Dammit!" Giselle annoyed, commented, having switched back to a more defensive stance.

The current battle also began to attract attention, and more enemy wyvern knights flocked to the scene.

"You cannot escape us!" Yelled by one of the enemies.

"We are more powerful than any of you!"

The tainted energy that surrounded them regrouped, and Imperial Wyvern Knights retaliated as they formed a big swarm and simultaneously charged at the apostle with incredible speed.

Giselle brought her weapon in front and with the immense mana she had, she immediately cast an advanced magical spell which resulted in a thick arcane barrier shielding her before the huge mass could swallow her.

She felt the immense strength that collided with her barrier.

At the same time, she could sense something interfering with her mind.

As she stood there, her vision suddenly shifted, and she found herself glimpsing fragments of memories from the past. It was as if she was transported back to a similar place and scenario, reliving moments she thought were long forgotten. Amidst the confusion, she could hear their voices echoing in her mind as if they were still present in that very moment.

Screaming for help and at the same time in rage as they fight to survive.

"We will not give up! To the death!"

Giselle was taken aback by these memories, seeing that these were the same people that she was facing right now.

They were Imperial Wyvern Knights serving with honor for their kingdom. Then she had a glimpse of their perpetrators.

"It can't be..." She whispered.

Amid the aerial chaos, there was a solitary figure of a wyvern knight that stood out from the rest. His demeanor was calm and collected despite the frenzy happening around him. What set him apart was the fact that his entire body was engulfed in flames, yet he appeared unscathed. His wyvern, too, was oddly quiet compared to the rest of the frenzied beasts. With a piercing gaze, the knight locked eyes with hers and conveyed a simple yet profound message.

"Please...Help us..."The vision would end right there.

The draconian's eyes narrowed as she concentrated on gathering a massive amount of magical energy. Despite being surrounded by a massive swarm, she pushed herself to the limit, gaining the advantage. As her weapon began to glow once again, she uttered an incantation and unleashed a powerful attack.

"Ryzen Bizzaro!"

Soon, a purplish-magical essence formed in front of her as she made the move by slashing the huge swarm which immediately disassembled many wyverns. She followed with another with the essence finally cleansing the fallen ones.

With a new opportunity, Giselle proceeded to slay the remaining ones who continued to resist.

While in the midst of that, she began to sense another presence not far away from where she was.

This time it was a familiar call.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So you wanted to learn how to fly?"

She recalled a certain memory from a forgotten time.

She sensed a familiar but vague feeling. The brightness around her was overwhelming, and she slowly became aware of a bright light shining down on her. She could make out the silhouette of a man standing at a distance, although his features remained unclear.

The little girl stood up for her own beliefs as she didn't care about the consequences that could happen. Though, despite that she was determined.

"Tell me, Your Highness, what would you gain from being in the skies?

She couldn't believe that one day she would have to face the person who helped her conquer her fears from above.

"Commander Erikus.." She muttered the man's name as she blocked the latter's attack.

Mera then made the move by quickly getting out of that position when another enemy wyvern knight tried to ambush her from the top.

Pina tried to regather herself again, trying to comprehend the situation and wanting to know more answers. However, she had to fight her way through.

As the enemies chased her relentlessly, she realized that she had no other option but to use all the weapons at her disposal. She reached for a small pouch attached to her belt and drew out a couple of magical materia. With one materia, she carefully placed it on an empty socket that was embedded in her blade, enhancing it with a powerful spell. With the other materia in hand, she swiftly threw it towards the group of enemies, unleashing a fierce explosion that left them stunned and disoriented.

An explosion rocked the area she was in, with the magic helping her to temporarily subdue the burden. By then she began to slowly go back to the offensive and used her blade, which was now imbued with fire magic, and proceeded to slay the rest of the enemies that neared her. One by one, the wyverns fell, taking their riders with them.

The man had been observing every bit of it.

"You've grown.." He remarked, a small smile forming around his lips.

By then, he decided to charge at the young woman and unleashed his attack.

Pina blocked the broad sword in a nick of time, and along with Mera giving a subtle cry, the two started to clash blades.

The young woman was still in a little disbelief.

She wanted to ask so many questions right now, yet the only thing she could do was try and figure out how the man was there.

Why was he involved?

"W-What happened to you?" She said aloud, while the man just smiled.

"It's been a while, your highness." He said." And I do think, I am the one to be surprised to see you in this hellish situation."

The older man still had that charm when speaking.

"But you died among the rest..."

It was true, she still could remember how the messenger had relayed the message to the royal court and the Senate.

"The most elite and prestigious wyvern knights of the kingdom are no more."

He gave a small chuckle." It's hard to explain Pina...but in some miraculous way, we were all given a second chance."

The young woman started to feel increasingly confused.

What kind of second chance?

"How's that even possible?" Pina thought to herself.

Their remains were found on a nearby field, with only what was left of their human appearance.

That's how it was described to her.

Then something came up to the young lady's mind.

"Is Adem involved?" She thought to herself, and at the same time, she would get an answer.

"Seemingly, this powerful man raised our tortured souls back and promised that he would give us an opportunity for redemption." He explained, before adding." Because of him, we are stronger than ever."

The commander presented the entire view of the Noble city, and with the invasion slowly recovering its pace, the goal of subjecting Qua-Toyne under Sadera's banner was now coming to fruition.

"You take off the head and every part will crumble as follows."

Deep down she could feel that anger growing. She knew this person was a good man and would never commit himself to a path of revenge.

Why are you siding with him?" Pina demanded, "Haven't you realized that he is the reason why the conflict in this continent hasn't stopped!" She let her emotions out.

"Have you not seen the countless deaths!?"

"All because of one senseless ambition!?

Silence grew and the two halted their fight.

The older man just stared at the girl and simply smiled.

"It's not too late to understand Pina." He replied." And it's not too late if you want to prevent this place from being destroyed."

Pina gritted her teeth. Her determination grew as well as her desperation.

"Even though I am their commander, I don't have the right and power to get in the way of their desires."

As the young lady further observed her surroundings, she saw how the imperial wyvern knights were giving in to an unknown dark influence. As they continued terrorizing the city.

"Adem is not the problem here, Pina but it is how you respond to events like this."

He sounded as if he was testing her.

"If you want to save this city...If you want to save this land..."

He was trailing off his words as he could feel the effects of dark essence taking over.

Pina gripped her weapon tightly as she could what was going to happen next.

"Then you're going to have to prove that you're worth it!"

Then a demonic voice emerged.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was at this moment that the eastern district had now been turned into a battleground for two giants.

One that of the Flame Dragon and the other a twisted version that was born out of dark magic.

Roars were consistently being heard across the entire area. Multiple Structures crumbled to the ground and the ground continued to shake.

The only thing that a person could see was a lot of dust and smoke and the gigantic figures wrestling each other.

As the red dragon made her entrance, she immediately blocked the enemy's mouth preventing it from unleashing its powerful flames toward the little offspring. Afterward, she used her bitten claws to lift the dark beast and immediately slammed it on the ground.

The dark dragon exerted its immense strength, pushing upward with mighty flaps of its wings, lifting the red dragon high into the sky. With a tight grip on its enemy, the beast descended rapidly, hurtling towards the ground at breakneck speed. The impact of the crash was so intense that it carved out a deep crater in the earth, leaving both dragons battered and dazed.

The Flame Dragon was met with a fierce wave of pain. Suddenly, the giant claws of her foe transformed into a grotesque version, and in a split second, they were aimed straight at her face. However, at that exact moment, the crystal embedded in the dark dragon's chest began to glow with a bright intensity. The radiant light caused the ferocious creature to come to a sudden halt and abandon its attack. Without any further hesitation, the dark dragon swiftly departed from the area to pursue the ones who had managed to escape.

The flame dragon became baffled as she turned to her right and observed.

It finally left some realization that it was not interested in fighting but rather still fulfilling its objective.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

Which leads to the duo themselves fleeing across the streets.

Amongst everything that happened so far, this was indeed a ride of a lifetime.

His world didn't show any sign of slowing down.

Yuji found himself on top of a cute creature, seemingly holding on to its back while it traversed through the rooftops of every abandoned structure left in the very district.

The air had gotten cold this time bringing a cold feeling to the atmosphere.

"Why are we still fleeing?" The young man had wondered in the first place. It seemed that they were already far away from the battle zone.

The first several times he looked behind, he couldn't even see any potential threat pursuing them.

The mischievous little versions of the dark beast that terrorized the city before were nowhere to be seen.

The only thing that he had to take note of was a giant silhouette of that monster and so far, everything was going to smoothly.

Yuji turned back towards his rescuer and wondered how in the world this cute dragon knew, that he was on the brink of death and where of all places it came from.

"I don't know if you could understand me...but I am grateful you saved my ass back there." He smiled, hoping in some way his words could be heard.

Then in some surprising way, the little dragon growled back.

Yuji's eyes widened in disbelief as he watched the dragon blink a couple of times before giving him an astonished expression. He couldn't believe that the dragons in this world could understand human language to some extent. This fact brought a sense of excitement and wonder to him. As he stood there, he began to contemplate if actual talking dragons existed somewhere in this world. Despite his curiosity, he couldn't help but feel drawn to this cute creature before him. The only thing he could comprehend was that this dragon was somehow connected to the big red one.

Yet, reality was strict on giving everyone enough time to rest, including him.

The first thing that came to him was the crystal. He looked downwards and sighed in relief to discover that the artifact was still in his hands. Then it finally hit him.

Where are they going?

They were running for their lives at this moment.

The next thing that happened eventually brought him back from his thoughts to the real world, as a strong shockwave suddenly emerged from behind, bringing extremely thick dust and as well as disrupting their journey.

Soon a menacing huge roar was heard and the young man turned once again to see the dark dragon himself flying towards them in incredible speed.

"Oh shit!" Yuji widened his eyes, shocked to see the twisted bastard was able to catch up to them.

As the little dragon soared through the air, his sharp eyes scanned the surroundings, ever alert for any danger. Suddenly, he spotted the looming threat - a massive claw hurtling toward him. Reacting instinctively, the dragon executed a swift turn to the right, narrowly avoiding the deadly blow. The force of the impact was so great that it obliterated an entire row of dilapidated shophouses, each standing three stories tall.

The little dragon growled again, directly at the man on top of him.

Yuji, somehow understood what the cute creature was trying to relay.

"Hold on tight."

Then another huge roar came from their pursuer.

Not long after, a series of debris began hurling itself towards them. Huge thick pieces of concrete were able to put on legitimate obstacles causing them to switch directions multiple times.

The man could only hear huge intimidating sounds of the chaos everywhere.

This was indeed a glimpse of a terrible disaster.

Then another horrible moment came when the dark dragon opened its mouth and unleashed a wave of black flames that headed straight for them.

The little creature had to use its wings to evade the wave that temporarily engulfed the entire ground. Though, being in the air was the plan all along for the enemy, as it went into a position where it was going to dash...

"Incoming!" Yuji yelled out to warn Little Foot.

Though fortunately enough, the enemy suddenly found itself being tackled to the ground once again, by the Flame Dragon herself, who was able to catch up with it.

Little Foot halted its tracks for a while to watch his mother take on the dark dragon again.

For Yuji, he had no choice but to trust in whatever fate had in store for him and yet at the same time, he promised himself that he would not lose the crystal to the wrong hands.

That was not an easy case to begin with.

Unbeknownst to him another presence had been following them at the same time.

Thus the next thing he heard was a familiar voice that exclaimed...

"Look out!*

Apparently, from their left, an essence manifested into a human figure and the image of a certain luscious emerged accompanied by his blade which was heading straight for them.

It was too late to react as his speed was even more elevated than the little dragon himself.

As his eyes saw the blade nearing, another presence immediately came in and blocked the weapon.

The next thing Yuji knew was a certain familiar young lady in her signature priestess attire in front of him as she was able to prevent a possible death.

"Ms. Rory?"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It came as a surprise that during the chase two powerful beings were also having their cat-and-mouse game at the very same time.

Rory had no choice but to face a similar task ahead.

There had been no fighting ever since her estranged childhood friend had decided to flee in pursuit of the crystal.

It was a sign of disrespect as retreating from a personal battle is one of the things that often annoyed the demi-goddess and someone whom she considered a friend was the one to commit that kind of act.

She dashed her way through the streets and the roofs, keeping track of that certain energy force moving swiftly.

Even for an apostle like her, keeping up with this "idiot" was also a headache for her. The more she thought about him, the more irritated she got. She couldn't understand what his true goals were.

Personal goals...

"Luscious!" Rory tried to call out his name only to get ignored at the end.

The young lady forced a grin, indicating that this was the last straw.

Summoning more of her mana energy that gave her a boost did help her in some way.

Reappearing right in front of him to prevent his weapon from harming the current holder of the crystal.

A shockwave burst from that very spot as their weapons clashed once more.

That very shockwave also threw Yuji and Little Foot to a certain distance, though they landed safely on the dusty ground.

Yuji's eyes snapped open, his heart racing as he gazed upon the intense battle unfolding before him. It was a clash of titans, an epic struggle between two powerful beings - the apostle of Emroy and the man who had once tried to kill him. He watched in awe as they traded blows, each attack striking with the force of a thunderbolt. He had never seen the apostle engage in such a tense close combat before, and he couldn't help but wonder what had driven the two of them to this point.

However, before that, he quickly looked to his right and saw a little dragon still recovering from the shockwave.

Somehow, he felt pity for the cute beast and had a reason to move and check on him. So he stood up, quickly heading towards it.

Yet as he took the first few steps, he found himself stumbling, as if some force was trying to take away his balance.

The fight was so fast for the naked eye that one could only see two essences moving in different areas and spots.

As the man struggled to focus on the task, a pervasive sense of darkness seemed to be closing in around him. It was as if a malevolent force was seeking to undermine his efforts at every turn. Nevertheless, a powerful sense of protection also seemed to be present, emanating from a source of light that surrounded him. This light seemed to be fighting back against the darkness, pushing it away and preventing it from harming him. As this battle raged on, the dark dragon appeared and made me once again, swooping down from above in an attempt to stop him. But just as the dragon seemed poised to strike, The Flame Dragon appeared from behind, pulling the dark dragon away and preventing it from interfering any further. Despite the odds against him, Yuji was able to reach the little dragon.

"You won't really give up do you, Rory?" Luscious could only smile in amusement, seemingly enjoying the fight.

Every time, he tried to charge at the mortal, Rory would automatically be there to strike him down. He realized that whenever he would attempt to claim the crystal he was letting his guard down, leaving him no choice but to engage her in battle.

His inner child was alive.

Recalling as a boy he often studied and practiced the moves of the great heroes of the new world. Be it with makeshift wooden swords or normal sticks, he wanted to make every move powerful.

Though, besides all that...He often liked to see that certain face being covered in annoyance.

As Rory observed the situation, she realized that things were getting serious. Her mind was buzzing with hundreds of strategies that she could execute, all in anticipation of whether the other person would make a daring attempt yet again. However, amidst all these thoughts, she couldn't help but feel a strong desire to have a personal conversation with him. It seemed like there were important matters that needed to be discussed.

"Luscious...why are you doing this?" She asked, her tone of voice having that genuine curiousness and sadness.

"Why does a good-hearted man like you want to sacrifice thousands of lives just for an artifact."

The man was taken aback by her words but remained as calm as he could. "It's not that simple," he said. "Even if I told you the whole story, you wouldn't understand it."

The clash of their weapons continued.

"Then why don't you tell me right now?"

"Don't hesitate..."

"Tell me the truth!"

This was the first time he had seen her emotions come out. His mind was beginning to picture an image of the young lady in tears from many years ago.

Luscious slightly frowned as he tried his best to ignore that certain part of her. He turned towards the current holder of the crystal and decided to make another charge at him once again, but suddenly found himself blocked by the girl's halberd.

He tried to escape one more but this time, the young girl cast another spell by summoning a temporary duplicate of her that appeared from behind, trapping him between the real and fake one.

With no other option available to him, Luscious quickly cast another spell, one that teleported him away from the deadly weapon that was about to slice him in half. As soon as he had reappeared at a safe distance, he wasted no time in launching a powerful counterattack. Swinging his weapon with all his might, he sliced through the air, creating a devastating shockwave that surged toward his opponent with unstoppable force.

As the wave sliced through a nearby structure, Rory swiftly dodged it with ease. She then raised her halberd once more and slammed it into the ground, causing a violent eruption that sent a miniature tidal wave crashing towards her opponent. The wave surged towards him with the intention of engulfing him whole, but he was quick to react. He raised his weapon and used it to block the oncoming wave, successfully preventing himself from being swallowed by the powerful force.

Yuji gaped in awe of the events happening around him as this was the first time he witnessed magic being used in a higher capacity. Though, what is this magic to begin with?

"I'm not the same person you knew a long time ago." Luscious said again." And you don't have to put your faith again that I will change."

"So fighting me is useless and If I were you, I would immediately leave and never show my face again."

"This is who I am..."

The way he said those words...as if he was finally cutting that bound him and his humanity.

For the first time, there was silence between the two.

Yuji felt that oddness that surrounded the atmosphere and it made him worry even more. His focus was on the demi-goddess, who seemed bothered this time around. As much as he wanted to help, he knew he was no match for the individual with the long deadly blade.

Then he heard Little Foot making a small growl beside him.

"Should they escape once again?"

Luscious expected a reaction from the apostle, which he did receive, though not the one he was expecting.

Tears...

Some tears fell from her very eyes.

Not long after, Rory looked up and gave a sad smile.

"If you claim to be that way." She said, lifting her halberd as she threw it towards the sky, directly hitting the claws of the dark dragon.

Luscious narrowed his eyes, though, for some reason, he felt obligated to allow that certain emotion to emerge.

The dark dragon roared once more as it took down the flame dragon once again on the ground, but was immediately greeted with pain as the weapon of the apostle pierced its claws.

As a result, rage quickly overtook the beast, and its eyes were directed at the young girl, who was waiting for its response.

The ominous, shadowy dragon charged fiercely toward the girl's current location, its powerful wings casting a gust of wind that made the trees sway. Without a moment's hesitation, the dragon aimed its sharp and jagged claw, still impaled by a weapon, toward the helpless girl to crush her with immense force.

Luscious widened his eyes as he was shocked to see his childhood friend committing a dangerous act of killing herself with her weapon.

Time was also not showing any mercy at the moment.

The last thing everyone saw was the solemn smile of the girl.

"You can let go of that promise."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It was so ironic that the empty streets and the silent atmosphere provided an opportunity for any parades for the dead to happen.

The two wagons and the merchant carriage found themselves traversing those same streets, subtly launching themselves in some kind of funeral parade-like scenario.

Even though they were safe away from danger, doesn't mean that a celebration was next on the line. Especially, inside the certain carriage, where there was no trace of emotions except for solemness.

Leia stood in silence for what felt like an eternity, her gaze fixated on the covered body of the boy lying motionless in the center of the room. As she stood there, lost in thought, she couldn't help but wonder how this young boy, whom she had never met before, had become Little Foot's companion. Despite the shock of seeing them together, she couldn't ignore the fact that they shared a strong bond. She couldn't help but be curious about this mysterious stranger, who had devoted his life to helping others in need. She longed to learn more about him and his selfless acts of kindness.

Then it would come a time as she began to ask herself.

Why did this have to happen?

Who was to blame for all of this?

She had seen enough deaths today and no matter what emotions would she be feeling...This was the reality right now.

Though for some reason, she did feel a little guilt as if she wanted to apologize for what had transpired.

Then she felt a hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright my dear?"

It was her father, who voiced out her concern.

"Yes, papa." She gave a small smile, before turning back to the "sleeping" boy." I just don't know how to thank them for saving us." She explained." Is it our fault that that many had to-" She was then cut.

"Don't say that Leia, It's not your fault." Her father said as he pointed to himself." It's me...I am the one who made the deal with the merchants, the captain, and his crew..." His voice filled with regret and sorrow.

As the conflict continued to ravage the continent, people's priorities began to shift, and the once-thriving business of games and entertainment began to suffer. Attendance at events and venues plummeted, leaving many struggling to make ends meet. The dire situation was a stark reminder of the devastating impact that war can have on even the most seemingly unrelated aspects of daily life.

"I had no choice...I don't want to see you drop out from the academy." He added further." I wanted to see you living a normal life, being able to eat fill in your tummy three times a day." His lips were shaking as the man tried to fight off his emotions, yet tears were falling.

He was afraid since the beginning, and as a person, he didn't know what to do at that time.

"I just don't know how your mother would thought of this."

He then looked at his daughter straight in the eye and said." I apologize for the wrong things that I've done."

"I apologized for not being a good father."

By then, Leia proceeded to hug her father very tightly as she too cried with him.

Thus both father and daughter realize how life was so grateful to them.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This was by the time the most calm and relaxed situation that she had ever been in.

The teenage girl was taken aback by the size of the carriage's interior, which was as spacious as a living room. Despite its outward appearance as a regular carriage, she had a hunch that it was enchanted with magic.

Lelei sighed for the first time, all those struggles from before were already behind them, yet she couldn't help herself but bring her attention towards the ongoing situation as of now.

Though she found a little happiness that both the little girl and her father finally reunited, there was still uncertainty that remained.

Was it right to leave that apostle on her own?

Did they even make the right choice to leave for a location that was significantly safer while still allowing them to aid the victims of the sudden disaster? Not to mention the fact that they are still divided from the other members of the Men in Green's Humanitarian division.

However, those events had already happened and there was nothing she could do about it.

She couldn't even bring herself to look out the window and observe. She was stuck there, contemplating what they were gonna do next.

What kind of idea she was going to bring in next?

"You look down Ms Lelei."

It was the Duke's voice that brought her back to reality.

"I presume you're rather thinking of going back there and helping Ms. Giselle?"

She remained quiet but nodded.

"After all that happened, it still bothers me that we couldn't do anything to help him."

"You mean sir Albrecht?"

She looked away." Yes.."

The Duke then gave a smile." Ms. Lelei, you did everything you could." He said." But that's fate..."

"Sometimes...we can't change what has already been done." He explained." What we can do is to make sure that everybody will survive and that's what sir Albrecht wished for us."

"To keep ourselves safe."

Lelei looked back towards him." I'm aware of that...But there's still something that we can do to prevent more deaths from happening."

Confident Words coming from a simple mage girl.

Duke smiled." This girl is different." He thought to himself, quite impressed by her personality.

Throughout his years of travels, rarely he had met individuals possessing this belief in themselves. Confidence that could even lead them to greater opportunities.

"Then tell me...What can we do to help?"

The mage remained quiet for a moment before letting out her confident smirk.

"We're going to take every impurity away from this city."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Are we there yet?"

"No"

"Are we there yet?"

"No, we haven't even reached our supposed destination."

"Are we-"

"Oh by the Goddess's sake people! We are almost there...! Happy now?"

Instead of solemness, it was a mixture of emotions that took over.

Tuka couldn't help but giggle, seeing her childhood friend's cousin being involved in a childish yet cute engagement with the rest of the children. They even seemed to be excited about going back to the community and telling everyone what they've encountered.

The children were more optimistic than she had expected. However, she suspected that they'd gone through a lot besides all of this.

While her said childhood friend finally got the rest he deserved. At least for temporary reasons.

"You really did allow them to control the Chocobo?"

Aldon yawned as he leaned on a makeshift pillow." Of course! But not without teaching them the proper waaa- Oh by the gods, that felt nice!"

The boy stretched his arms but carefully his legs and surprisingly got a nice feel to it.

He was just happy that he finally got a chance to relax.

Sara rolled her eyes in response upon hearing him, but she did understand that riding a Chocobo for this long wasn't a joke.

"Don't worry guys, I told the giant bird to treat them nice." He gave a grin." And I do wish we have a healer in our midst or maybe just a simple healing materia." He then looked at his injured leg." So I can really help you guys out of here."

"Heh! Says the boy who is on the verge of sleeping." Sara replied, a bit annoyed to see the latter's lazy side.

The children inside the wagon laughed, eventually uplifting the mood.

Tuka let out a smile, expressing a bit of relief that they were somehow out of any potential danger.

Although, that's what the current situation was leading them to believe.

Deep inside the elf girl's heart, she wasn't convinced that they were truly safe. Even though, her surroundings present themselves.

She recalled her mage friend deciding to board the carriage as if she wanted to search for something.

She wanted to figure something out.

"Tuka...we have to find a way to help them" she recalled her words.

"This will never end."

She had a point.

She needed to be ready when the time finally came.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Hey, this is kinda cool actually!"

Amongst all people, it was the Otaku soldier who was able to have a chance to ride the Chocobo properly.

The elf boy was right all along.

It takes a gentle approach to connect with the giant yellow bird.

Right now, they were the best of friends. Occasionally, they chat with each other on several topics.

Higashi was quite well off with the idea, his mind open to go with the flow, happy to watch his colleague finally learn something important in this new world.

Shino, on the other hand, remained quiet, yet she kept her eyes on them, especially him. For some reason, she felt a little jealous, that her fellow Otaku colleague was getting along with the process. Yet, she couldn't even do a single thing right now.

"Should I yell or scold until I get to try it?"

"Wait...that's too childish of me."

She blushed for a moment as she couldn't believe that she was acting this way. Her mind was telling her that there was no problem with sharing the ride with him.

Then she recalled those moments from Coda Village. A heroic sacrifice that brought her to tears.

"Focus Shino! Focus!" She cringed at herself, placing a hand on her forehead.

"Say Shino...would you like to try?" Then she heard his voice and looked up to see the Otaku soldier reaching out to her.

His goofy smile.

"This your chance! Take it!"

Her mind continuously gave her encouragement, until she finally decided to let it go.

"Fine!" Shino replied with a hint of embarrassment.

Kurata was a bit puzzled regarding the young busty woman's reaction, yet he somehow had a feeling that the latter was going through that certain phase.

Shino neared the young man and sat beside him.

"Okay, this is how it goes..." Kurata smiled, letting her take the saddle.

"Like this?" Shino gave a simple move before the Chocobo reacted.

"Kweh!"

Shino was startled." Oh shit! What did I do?" Her panic reemerged once more, though not until the Otaku placed a hand.

"Don't push it too tough, just a simple move..." Kurata demonstrated the correct way and the Chocobo agreed and kept moving.

"Try it again." He smiled, giving more encouragement.

This time, Shino made the right move, by just gently using the saddle to make the Chocobo move.

"Woah..." The busty young woman was certainly stunned by what she was doing and as time passed, all that nervousness faded away, replaced with enjoyment.

"I am actually doing it! Guys! This is pretty cool!"

With each passing moment, the Chocobo picked up speed, spurred on by its rider's repeated nudges. However, in a sudden moment of carelessness, the big yellow bird's foot landed on a loose brick, causing it to momentarily lose its balance. Shino, who had managed to recover, was thrown off but was thankfully caught by Kurata before she hit the ground.

When the young woman regained composure to found out that her eyes were looking straight at his own.

For a few moments, silence took over.

Higashi widened his eyes in amusement." I won't interrupt this..." He told himself.

Upon having their eyes met, Shino blushed once more and her fellow Otaku soldier remained dumbfounded yet became curious about the current feelings greeting him.

Then in that very moment, they were interrupted by a certain sound that came from a familiar device.

It was their walkies that started to deliver static sounds that also began to change as various voices were coming out.

"This is T- Do you copy!?"

Immediately, Higashi grabbed the walkie and began speaking directly to it.

"Yes! We do copy! This is Higashi from RCT 3." He replied, getting their attention." To whom we are speaking to?"

However, the response from the other side was delayed for a bit.

"Base- Ca- Tomita here! We are currently being chased by-"

The signal was jumbled and it was a bit impossible to hear the entire message.

'I heard "Tomita" being mentioned." Shino asked.

"Could it be...?"

Kurata blinked." And they are being chased by what exactly?" He wondered.

A series of roars could be heard in the skies shortly after the atmosphere changed at the same time.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Interrogation sessions were not really a part of his forte, though he will try his best.

Terra knew he had to do everything in his power to dig out useful information from the unlikely young blonde in front of him.

The location?

The humble merchant's carriage definitely had an extra room further back.

The Chirithy stood silently, observing the girl who was ensnared by a magical rope-like item. Surprisingly, the girl appeared to be accepting her captivity, and her defeated grin slowly began to convince him that she had given up any hope of escaping.

"Oh don't worry...I am not going to escape." She finally spoke, feeling casual as usual.

"Besides...I kind of liked it here."She gave a laugh, trying to feel comfortable as ever." Though, who built this carriage is actually creative!"

Terra remained composed and kept a serious facade. He knew she was attempting to loosen him up.

He sighed in response." Listen here girl...I-"

"I have a name...you know and it's Elrena..."

"Elrena could you please tell me who you really are and if you're really responsible for this invasion?"

"Damn, I really hate this.."

The blonde rolled her eyes in response." Me? Invasion?" She then laughed." Oh please give me a break...Do I look like I'm capable of raising an army of stupid flying lizards and undead knights to begin with?"

Terra's eyes twitched slightly, and he slowly got annoyed.

"I'd rather watch on the sidelines...Since I am only here just for the ride." She flashed the familiar spirit a grin and a winked.

"That! You always say that.." Terra pointed out." You're not trying to avoid your sins anyway?" He added." After taking that boy's life away?"

Maybe making her guilty was enough to make the girl cooperate.

However, He received a simple shrug from her.

"Hey! That's not my fault, to begin with." She argued back." He's the one who interfered with our battle."

"And I told you...I'm just here to help not to imitate someone's goal." She explained, while sassily looking away." That goal would be his..." She then referred to a certain man.

Terra eyed her closely." Then tell me who are you serving under?"

She giggled in response." First off, I don't serve any God or Temple." She explained." Second, the hooded guy you encountered at the circus..? He's the one who brought that dragon here."

His eyes widened in realization.

"So it's true..."

"What's his real name?" He asked.

The blonde took a deep breath." Oh, I am gonna get in trouble for this..." She muttered to herself, and playing along was the only choice she had.

"His name is simply Luscious."

"Don't know whether it's his real name or not..."

Terra raised both eyebrows in surprise." You don't mean..."

Elrena grinned in return." Oh yes! He's the reason why Apostles are still surviving in this world."

"But, the Gods-"

"I know the Gods made a vow not to interfere with human affairs and placed their trust in their representatives." She explained." But do you think they could just handle every problem on their own?"

Terra was slightly shocked by the claim.

"Of course! They have to put aside their differences and work together to fight off that irrelevancy."

"And I do think that your master is aware of it..."

He always thought that these powerful individuals had different goals. His mind began to wonder about the young woman.

"Was she still keeping secrets?"

A grin subtly escaped from her lips. "From what I know...The wyvern invasion wasn't his responsibility but to retrieve something more valuable than just conquering a land." Elrena continued to elaborate." That is you are aware of the Crystallis."

Every word she threw, the more the surprise the Chirithy had become.

Separate factions with different agendas but having the same target. It was definitely a beautiful mess.

"Sadera is Sadera...When they want to invade they invade..." She added." But of course...They had changed their methods to save time and resources and it's often successful."

"I see...but about you...are you an Apostle as well?"

The blonde laughed once more." If I was one...Then I won't be chained up like this...Next Question!" She was getting sassier every moment.

"Are you mortal?"

Her smile slowly disappeared." I used to be but..." She trailed off her words, upon remembering certain memories.

Terra was invested and he had to admit that the girl, though a bit crazy, had an overall mysterious character.

But not until...

"Hey listen...If you're interrogating me like this ...why not bring in some snacks and I'll tell you everything I know.." She gave a wink, giving a slight seductive look.

"Including my own story."

Terra found herself blushing, an unexpected reaction to the other person's behavior. He couldn't help but feel uncomfortable and a bit weirded out by her attitude. This young woman's energy was intense and aggressive, yet at the same time, her demeanor was smooth and calm. It was a strange combination that left Terra feeling uneasy. Despite that unease, He couldn't deny the other person's magnetic personality. Almost as if she had a way of making everyone feel at ease and befriend them effortlessly.

He observed the girl further.

"Maybe I really should used that spell to investigate her memories." His mind was encouraging him, upon recalling what the draconian apostle did before.

"So...What you say?" The girl continued her grin.

"Or maybe she is telling the truth after all..."

Terra opened his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, a sudden and aggressive force shattered the previously serene atmosphere. In an instant, the silence was replaced by the sound of multiple roars coming from familiar beasts. The noise echoed through the area where they stood, sending chills down Terra's spine.

All of a sudden the carriage halted confirming that there was a potential threat outside.

"Not again..." Terra remarked while the blonde rolled her eyes.

"Aww come on! We were just about to have a fair deal!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The last thing that he recalled was seeing her face.

The shock in her eyes was prevalent and he knew that she would be in denial.

At that time, he was floating in this dark void and there was nothing he could hear with the exception of silence.

No trace of the devastated surroundings to which he had been to while ago. For some reason, he preferred to bask in this kind of peace he was in right now.

It felt so different...He couldn't feel any more pain only just this comfort that he liked so much.

There was a point in time...that he wanted to forget everything and leave all those matters behind.

Life had only one chance and to think that he had not wasted that life ever since.

Yet still, he asked himself...Was this even all worth it?

As he stood there, shrouded in darkness, a sudden shift occurred. A powerful, yet soothing energy made its presence felt. In an instant, the darkness was overcome by a brilliant flash of light, followed by an ethereal, blue essence that emanated from it and enveloped him. The feeling was indescribable - as if being surrounded by a cocoon of pure energy that both shielded and invigorated him at the same time.

When he opened his eyes once again...He was greeted by the skies and the rays of the sun.

"What happened?" He asked himself, slowly recovering from the ground.

"Did I really die?"

By then, his eyes caught a glimpse of a human silhouette, and when he turned around...He saw a beautiful woman standing beside him.

When he finally recovered, the boy found himself on the very same rooftop where he supposedly collapsed. As he observed his surroundings, the same ethereal blue essence was surrounding them, especially, the mysterious woman who seemed to thrive with its power.

The boy gave a puzzled look, trying to comprehend what was happening around him.

"So you're finally awake..." She spoke for the first time, as she continued to watch her surroundings.

"What you did there was brave..." She remarked with a smile." You protected so many..."

Albrecht didn't recognize her." Who are you?" He finally asked, still mesmerized by her beauty.

Silence reigned for a brief moment.

The woman smiled again." I am a lost soul who was lucky enough to receive a blessing from the Gods to live in this land." She explained." You may address me as "Astalte."

The boy slowly nodded, not even familiar with the name itself.

"Did you die here as well?" He replied, before adding." I mean...The invasion...Those dark dragons...did it..." He trailed off his words, noticing the woman giving a giggle.

She then shook her head and said, "To be honest...I'm just as surprised as you are on why all of these events had to happen." As she continued, her expression grew increasingly saddened.

"Though, I've done everything I could to help everyone."

Albrecht's eyes widened in surprise as he suddenly became aware that the person standing before him had been present in this location for a much longer time than he had. The young boy's gaze then shifted towards his surroundings and he couldn't help but notice that the chaos and destruction were still ongoing. To his surprise, he also witnessed two colossal beings engaged in a fierce battle on the eastern side, causing even more destruction and mayhem.

The wyverns continued to bring more terror.

His worry grew shortly after.

"Is there something that we could do?" He wondered, looking a bit hopeless.

The woman smiled." You don't have to worry." She then looked up." They are searching for their own redemption as well."

The boy gave a confused expression.

"What do you mean?"

The skies continued to be filled with conflict despite the improving weather.

Unbeknownst to all that everything was falling into place.

The woman known as "Astalte" continued to observe the ongoing scenario and continued to pray.

"Not everyone is an enemy."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The situation back at the guest house had remained the same.

The rest of the diplomats, surviving palace staff, and the governing officials were glued to the ongoing scenario projected by the large screen.

Prime Minister Kanata had arrived at the right time when things were becoming more interesting. As the skies were still filled with conflict.

"Minister Kanata?"

The officials were quite surprised but glad to see him back at the helm.

"Gentlemen, I'm aware that we are in difficult times but...I'm here to contribute whatever I can." The elf man simply explained, giving a smile to his comrades.

Slowly but surely...Morale was rising.

"So what's the ongoing situation so far?" He inquired." Besides, the skies..."

Silence followed after before Minister Hanki stepped in.

"We're attempting our best to know more situation on land." He explained.

As he shifted his gaze towards the long table, he noticed a collection of manacom communication devices placed alongside the Men in Green's distinct and peculiar magical devices.

Hanki responded, "We will try to establish communication with the Maihark's Constables, for sure whatever is happening down there, they're still fighting for the safety of our citizens. It will go in both ways, Minister Kanata."

"Then the second plan is?"

"We will send a small party down the hill and towards the capital." He added, a bit forced of saying these words.

At the same time, a piece of the document was handed to the elf man, revealing more reports of an ongoing gigantic fight in the eastern district.

"The Men In Green had used their magic and revealed that two dragons are currently in battle in that district." One of the officials explained.

Kanata couldn't believe his eyes as he stood there, frozen in shock. The revelation he had just witnessed was beyond anything he could have ever imagined. As he tried to process what had happened, his mind couldn't help but wonder how in the world those two giant dragons could have possibly made their way into the heart of the city.

"One dragon had been identified as the flame dragon yet another one... we are still figuring out."

The young Prime Minister then looked towards the screen and the so-called live footage of the two monsters causing damage all over the current district.

"We may not have the manpower to save the remaining districts but we can still warn them of the impending doom." He thought to himself as he turned towards his cabinet members.

"You may send a small party to the capital to gather more information and General Hanki..." He trailed off in the end." Can those Manacom devices connect to every tube across the city?" He then followed with a question.

The older minister nodded." It's quite possible sir...Are you planning to-"

"Yes, Minister, we will do our best to get them away from the districts and towards the Western Gates." Kanata explained." Only the Gods know how much destruction could spread."

Any news on the Ejei?"

"We are still trying our best to contact them."

The Prime Minister took a deep breath before giving a nod.

"Very well, Let's proceed." He said." We can't waste much precious time."

With that said the rest of the officials began to work and execute the plans.

It was the only way they could help and contribute to this crisis for now.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Eastern District

It would come to her mind that there has to be a way in order to retrieve that dark crystal from his hands.

As Rory pondered over the dark crystal, she realized that it was just one of the many scattered across the new world. She couldn't fathom how the young man was able to retrieve it and control the Flame Dragon with it. It was a mystery to her how he acquired the crystal and managed to use it to his advantage.

The fact that she won't get that complete chance of claiming it by continuing their usual battle...that she had to improvise a new plan in order to get closer to it.

She knew it would be risky but there was no other choice left.

She gave a small confident smile.

"You can forget everything."

The young man was well aware that the only way for an apostle to actually take damage and possibly see demise was by its own weapon.

Luscious widened his eyes in surprise, not expecting the latter to make such a move. He treated her as an enemy...An opponent, and someone who this a threat to his plans.

Yet...her actions looked unusual and wrong.

For the first time...A forgotten emotion slowly emerged from within followed by a certain memory from the past.

"Promise me...Just for once. When trouble comes...you'll be there to protect me."

For a while, he had attempted to bury his inner feelings. However, he found himself consumed with aggravation as a result of being confronted with a part of his past self. Despite his desire to let go of the situation, he was left with no choice. One option was to have the Apostle of Emroy eliminated immediately, which would allow him to retrieve the other crystal and finally find peace. But the situation was more complex than that.

Somehow and for some reason...He reacted differently.

As the dark dragon proceeded to use its claws to crush the girl, not knowing that her weapon was stuck in its palms, Rory closed her eyes and let fate decide her destiny. Yet by the time, her weapon neared her, she felt that familiar presence, and the apparent attack never came, and instead the sound of a sword clashing.

When she opened her eyes, she was greeted by the young man's face.

Somewhat slightly annoyed, and irritated, but genuinely concerned.

Then she heard a few words from him.

"You're an idiot..."

She felt a little peace that overwhelmed her heart. Knowing that after all these years...The simple brave and adventurous village boy she knew was still here.

She then looked towards him in the eye and said.

"Please, this is not worth it...Let it go..." She relayed the simple message, as she let out a certain smile that the man had not seen for a long time.

Luscious felt taken aback for a second but then regained control of his emotions as he unleashed more strength to combat the power of the dark dragon and he had to do it with the use of the dark crystal to save time.

Not long after, the dark crystal manifested itself into thin air as it helped the young woman overpower the beast, yet due to some unusual circumstances, the artifact suddenly began to react to the same energy that it had.

Rory sensed it as she immediately grabbed her from the flesh and used it to finally strike the crystal and destroy it for good but then suddenly the artifact made a move and went straight inside the claws of the dark beast.

"I will take it! This will make me stronger!"

A demonic voice then was heard, coming from the dark dragon itself, and right after that...A huge powerful shockwave burst from the dragon itself.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Giselle felt that sudden surge of energy as she made her way through the skies in search of that certain call.

The Draconian Apostle knew she was nearing the source, if not for the enemies that continued to flock in her direction.

"We're more powerful than ever!"

"There is nowhere to run or hide!"

Besides the threats...Continuous menacing laughs could still be heard around her surroundings.

She gritted her teeth in annoyance bringing up her weapon as she was forced to engage in combat with the imperial wyvern knights of Sadera. This time...their whole bodies radiated with this dark aura as they attempted to kill her fast.

Giselle summoned up more strength as she unleashed multiple waves of her attacks via the scythe, it did damage but it was enough to eliminate them.

As the apostle faced simultaneous and continuous attacks, her enemies saw an opportunity to increase in numbers and overwhelm her.

It did work.

The fierce and malevolent wyverns pounced on the apostle with such force that she struggled to maintain her balance, but her persistent determination allowed her to withstand their assault and resist their attempts to bring her down.

Multiple cuts appeared on Giselle's hands and arms, and she felt pain once more as the enemy started piercing her skin with their weapons. Her attention is still fixed on the foes, especially the one in the middle.

She then heard a laugh...A slightly flamboyant one.

"As the second-in-command of this great wyvern army...I am honored to be part of the one that slays an apostle."

The man presented himself in the most ridiculous but fabulous thing to ever exist. A huge wave of overconfidence radiates from his grotesque face.

"Besides...this fellow seemed weaker than I expected."

She caught that grin, which irritated her even more.

This time it triggered something from within and a burst of energy erupted from her, not long after, magical essence started to manifest alongside the young woman and they were no other than...

"Mowto! Towato!" She exclaimed.

It was quite unexpected for the two dragons to be called once more as they were still recovering from the beating. However, they had heard their beloved master and companion beseech for help and were now eager to rip those who had tried to kill her.

"Summoning more beasts, I supposed?"

"This will be just a tiny hurdle." The second-in-command remarked, pointing towards them." Kill them all!" He ordered as the numerous twisted wyvern knights proceeded to charge at them.

As soon as the dragons spotted the attackers, they swiftly soared towards them, their powerful wings beating the air with great force. With eyes flashing dangerously, the dragons unleashed their enchanted claws, which glimmered in the sunlight and began to slash at their enemies. The wyverns and knights stood no chance against the ferocious beasts, as their claws ripped through their bodies and tore them into two.

They roared to spread more intimidation.

Giselle felt that comfort knowing they were finally back and had regained control of their own selves.

With the two alongside her once again, she gave a grin as the trio readied themselves for another blood bath.

This time together.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Your Highness! Where is your strength!"

A similar scenario took place in the skies.

Pina had to stay strong and continue despite the situation that she was forced into.

She wondered how long she could keep on battling the man.

With every clash her blade took, she could feel the latter's increasing power. She had already tried to fight back and unleash her own attacks but his wyvern was also getting in the way.

"What has happened to Pina?"

Along the way, the man would fire words targeted at her.

He was trying to provoke her in some way.

"Is this princess that led battles into victories?"

"Is this the one that many soldiers feared before!?"

The wyvern then unleashed a series of powerful flames which almost engulfed the girl and her companion.

Mera began to react as she noticed that multiple enemy wyverns were approaching them with the same intent. The griffin had no choice but to evade and distance herself to protect her companion. It was mostly a good decision yet it did not stop the battle.

Wherever they went, these men followed as if they already had an obsession.

"There's nowhere to flee or hide!" Exclaimed by one of the enemies.

"So this is the girl you taught before, Commander?"

"How weak she is!"

The air was thick with voices and taunts, all aimed at breaking her spirit and driving her to the brink of madness.

Soon, the commander himself would unleash more attacks which the redhead could only evade.

"Why won't you fight back!?"

For some reason, the young lady couldn't bring herself into the battle.

"Do you think by just acting all soft and kind...They're going to let you become the Empress!?"

She remained silent, her mind slowly bringing back images from the past.

"You won't save your home...nor your loved ones.."

The memories of that fateful day.

The memory of the royal palace engulfed in flames was etched in her mind. The innocent people, panic-stricken, were frantically trying to escape from the inferno. The skies were shrouded in thick, dark clouds that seemed to have descended from the depths of hell, creating a nightmarish atmosphere. It felt as if they were trapped in the underworld itself.

Then there was it again...

"Pina, please take your brother out of this place.."

She couldn't hold back her tears.

"Please, you have to continue living."

The flames continued to become stronger, and she didn't look back.

Not long after that, a menacing roar was heard throughout, followed by the voices of the enemies.

She witnessed it...The death of her beloved mother. Sacrificing her life as the huge flames took her and when she looked up she saw evil itself.

"You'll never win!"

By then, a surge of emotions suddenly erupted from within, and slowly the young lady was enveloped with rage, and as a result, she was able to summon the same unknown power from before.

"I won't allow it!"

With incredible speed, she expertly guided Mera toward the commander, taking out the other wyverns that got in her way with ease. It was truly impressive to watch her overpower them, leaving no doubt that she was serious about this.

Her weapon...now enhanced with that intense magical energy, Pina found herself clashing swords with the man once more.

Commander Erikus was taken aback by the sudden rise of the girl, and the energy that he sensed from her was somewhat similar to the one that brought them back to the world of the living.

The burst of energy sent him flying away but was able to keep balance. By then, Pina switched to the offensive as she released a raging yell unleashing a fury of attacks towards the man.

Mainly...strikes and huge slashes that were quite impossible for an ordinary mortal to evade. From Erikus' perspective, she saw the bloodline of the royal family manifesting in front of him.

The color of the girl's eyes was now blood red.

A grin slipped from his lips as the commander found himself acquiring multiple deep cuts and wounds on his, yet it also began to heal all due to the dark power bestowed upon them.

Mera was suddenly taken aback by the onslaught of her companion, which made her worried and cautious at the same time. She cried hoping that it would bring the girl back.

"Do you know why we are doing this, Your Highness?" Erikus continued his statement." Do you even realize why the kingdom is invading every village, city, and state and destroying them?"

Pina continued to ignore his words, though he persisted.

"The truth is simple...the ones that you're trying to make peace with are the ones that took everything from us!"

"They are the real enemies!" He exclaimed." And it's only right that they suffer from the sins they have committed before."

"Adem gave us a second chance and we will not allow this fall and seek our redemption."

The revelation somehow shook the girl, yet she didn't see it that way.

"That's not possible, these people are different from their past." She replied, unleashing another slash which produced a strong shockwave of energy.

"Whatever happens...I will be the one to end this senseless conflict."

Erikus smirked in return." Then prove it!" He said." Prove that you can stop this invasion!"

As time passed, the young lady gradually regained her composure and summoned her inner strength along with an enigmatic force that resided within her. However, before doing so, she tenderly reached out to Mera, gently patting her in an effort to soothe and assure her.

"Prove to me that you are worthy of leading Sadera out of this madness!"

As the redhead finally charged, with full force, Erikus felt the excitement and anticipated that very moment.

"Prove to this land that there is still hope!"

He then brought his sword one more time.

"I beg you...put our souls to rest!"

As the first presence held the attention of those in front, an unnoticed figure made its way closer from behind. Gradually, a familiar outline of a bunny woman emerged, holding what seemed to be a small magical three-barrel weapon. Without any hesitation, she aimed at her target and pulled the trigger.

The next thing followed was a powerful sound being produced, followed by a shockwave.

Pina's body tensed as she prepared to unleash her final attack. In the midst of the smoke, a sudden movement caught her eye. A small orb hurtled through the haze and collided with her side, jolting her out of her battle stance.

She didn't feel the pain, but her body instantly went numb, and to Mera's surprise, her companion fell to the open skies.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

With the increasing rumors of the ongoing devastation in the eastern district, the locals who remained in their very homes were starting to worry.

It started with several groups of men running through the streets, warning of the impending doom.

The neighboring districts had similar encounters, thus the residents felt fear and uncertainty. Yet, they were still undecided whether to believe these rumors or not. Some even stand up to their beliefs that their homes would protect them from the rumored gigantic monsters of the East.

Not long after, some people who had the sense, to heed the message decided to leave their homes.

Once again the streets were filled with desperate lives.

"Where do we go?"

Some began to wonder.

The City of Maihark wasn't a simple place. It was a gigantic maze filled with narrow streets with a lot of twists and turns.

As a little girl, she found herself in the midst of the chaos and confusion on the streets. Ever since her mother had decided to leave their home, it became kind of a hassle for them. A major problem which they had to traverse the city without any guidance.

"Still no news regarding the status of the main government?"

"No announcements from either...except that city mayor."

Other rumours began circulating...Most notably the Prime Minister and His officials were all killed in a great fire caused by the mysterious gigantic beast.

People were beginning to assume the inevitable and without any presence from the main leaders, it could result in possible widespread looting and the basic peace and order process fully being violated.

The little girl stared at her mother, who seemed to be in tears.

She wanted to help her but she didn't know how to.

Then in that moment...A certain sound was heard across their district.

"The Siren."

Whispers amongst the people became prevalent. It could only mean one thing.

That a potential announcement was to be made.

"To the people of Maihark and the Principality...This is Prime Minister Kanata." A familiar voice would soon emerge for the people to hear.

"As may you know. we are currently facing a difficult crisis, for the eastern district has been ravaged by a powerful disaster and the arrival of a wyvern army from Sadera."

The news had finally been confirmed by the elven leader, and the citizens were left in a state of shock. The long-dreaded invasion of their land by a mighty empire had now become a reality, and fear and uncertainty gripped the hearts of the people.

"Stay strong and head to the western gates for safety if you can.

May the Gods protect you from harm and danger."

The speech ended right there.

"The Prime Minister!"

"He's alive!"

"That means we still have hope!"

"The Principality has not fallen!"

As more thoughts piled up, the tide began to change, It is up to the people to decide how they will respond to this.

It is up to the people to decide how they will respond to this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

In the middle of the ongoing events, a group of knights finally set foot on the lower grounds as they traversed through the streets of the noble city.

There were about a total of 4-5 riders including one who was leading the troupe altogether.

They were all there of their own free will.

Hamilton couldn't help herself in the end.

She followed the princess' orders to stay put and gather the remaining rose knights to the guest house where they could safely take refuge from the ongoing conflict that had spread throughout the city.

As soon as she laid her eyes on the live footage of the intense aerial battle, she couldn't help but feel a sense of apprehension. The video supposedly showed the red-haired woman in action, which only added to the young lady's worry. The more she watched, the more her uncertainty grew, until it became too much for her to bear.

As much as she wanted to let the other Rose knights stay behind in a safer place, they too wanted to join her and save their captain.

"Do you think the Captain is still in the skies?" A young girl then asked

Hamilton took a deep breath and flashed the girl a smile.

"If you were to ask me...I believe her Highness...whether in the skies or in the land, is still fighting for the future of our home and the war."

Quietness remained for a brief moment.

"I don't believe she's done for, but as long as the Gods haven't decided her fate, we'll be there to help her," Hamilton explained, as the group's morale slowly but steadily improved.

"Always remember your oath! As Rose Knights we are here to serve with honor and protect!"

Other rose knights nodded firmly as they rode their horses to the rumored district where death and destruction still roamed.

When it came to Hamilton, it wasn't just business - it was personal. The debt she owed her childhood friend ran deep within her heart, driving her forward with a relentless determination.

CHAPTER END

AN: Hey there again! This is the follow-up from the previous chapter and mainly focuses more on the perspectives of Yuji, Rory, Lelei, Pina, and so forth. To show what's been happening in ground zero. Then we have the second segment with Team Lelei and Shino where it's much calmer. The thing about the apostles and their background in this story...It's like when your masters gave up to interfere with human affairs, but gave you the necessary stuff to survive and do your job as their representative, it's up to you how you will make this work. Either Join a crew from your own crew or simply just work alone.

Giselle and Rory, for example... work alone.

For Pina, the thing about having these mysterious powers from within dates back to the tragedy that befell Sadera long ago. It's also the same time that the famous wyvern army of Sadera met their demise. Of course, Adem has that sense of resourcefulness as he didn't want to waste or spend money to borrow wyverns from the Parpaldia Empire (Or in the OG Canon where the empire itself supplied Louria with wyverns) So he went into a more "Unique" path and eventually found tortured souls wanting revenge and redemption.

Then we have the scene with Albrecht having a chance to meet "Astalte" in the OG canon was the one responsible for pleading with the Gods to summon the Emissaries of the Sun God.

The fight scenes in the chapter are loosely inspired by fight scenes from various anime (Mostly in the realm of Shounen and Isekai)

With that said, thank you very much for reading the chapter! Please forgive me for the occasional grammar mistakes, since English is not my main language.

I really appreciate your time to give the story a chance :)

16