Chapter 1 Too Nice for a Lich
464 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 Too Nice for a Lich

 

Amidst a world filled with magical creatures, mythical beasts, and ancient fortresses, there resided a serene lich atop a perfectly flat mountain peak. The lich's abode was a magnificent mansion, meticulously maintained by his ever-faithful servants who remained by his side at all times. Despite his desire for peace and solitude, the living beings below relentlessly pursued him, attacking him ceaselessly for decades on end. Throughout his long existence as a lich, he had never experienced a single moment of tranquility.

His two servants waited beside him near his throne.

Sin: "Sun, how many 'heroes' do we have today."

Sin, the low-spoken elder lich asks for a report from his vivacious female fire guardian.

Sun: "Nothing to report big boss!"

The vibrant flame spirit danced around Sin with hope on her mind.

Sin: "How about you Moon, have you scouted the path leading home?"

Moon the fragile dark spirit kneeled frailly to report in her quiet voice that soothed Sin's headache.

Moon: "No my lord, it has been quiet all morning."

Her words pleased Sin greatly, "Ah yes, peace and quiet, it has been a while since I felt at peace."

Sin took a deep breath, despite the fact that he had no physical lungs to do so. The doors to his grand throne room creaked open, revealing a diminutive fairy whose tiny wings stirred up a trail of sparkling dust that settled on the glossy marble floor. The fairy struggled to push the door open just enough to slip through, and she looked exhausted before she even reached him. As she flew towards him in a rush, she suddenly lost altitude and nose-dived to the ground, unable to continue.

Tiny fairy: "Please, save our forest from bandits, please!"

The small fairy passed out leaving Sin with a choice to make, "Why now."

At any time to attack why now he asks himself, Sin gets off of his golden throne brooding towards the outside of his mansion walking with his shoulders forward, upset about the turn of events, the pissed-off elder lich brushes past Sun.

Sun: "What are you doing sir, if you do this there will be no doubt heroes will come."

Sun's warning went out the other ear, the brooding skeleton stood on the edge of his mountain looking down upon the world, the forest was at the base of his mountain.

Sin: "No doubt indeed but it was going to be like that anyway, might as well help the helpless."

The skeleton in robes of red raised one arm pointing to the forest.

Sin: "All who mean harm will fall to my everlasting pain, level five."

The noisy forest grew bright, screams followed then leaving only silence and a peaceful forest. 

 

9