Chapter 13 Old Roots
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 13 Old Roots

 

 

A quiet morning brings joy to the big skeleton sitting on the edge of his mountain, enjoying the view of the rising sun. His clothes ruffle in the cold summer breeze, the clouds are partially there. One small cloud goes overhead, just grazing the mansion's roof. Birds fly around the mountain as it is too high in the air to fly over, Sin's mind is empty, he just sits and stares at the beauty of this world. 

Sin: "It is almost surreal."

His mind wanders off to the great long ago, a time of beauty and peace was enjoyable because he had someone to enjoy it with. Springtime in a daisy field sitting with his loved one only to have it ripped away from him. His mind goes blank once again only focusing on the life of this world. Beyond the forest at the base of the mountain, sat an army in the grasslands, in formations, about a thousand soldiers in each square. Seven squares stood lined up except one which was in front, most likely the commanders of this pint-sized force. Sin made no effort to acknowledge them as he just watched the worth of the world fade away slowly under the leadership of the human race. Moon slides the massive door open, looking for Sin. She walks to Sin and sits beside him dangling her legs off the mountain.

Moon: "The army is advancing."

Sin calmly: "I know."

Moon has her doubts: "What are we going to do."

Sin: "Pray."

He sits in silence waiting for his answer to process before speaking.

Sin: "Pray, not for us, but for the poor souls that will fight us. Pray to Ash, seeing as that is their only option left of happiness in the afterlife. As they just stepped into My domain."

He stands up, leering at the pitiful army that stands before him, his eyes fixated on the head of the snake.

Moon: "Why do they want war with us, what did we do to them."

Sin ignored her, only giving his order: "Have everyone meet me at the bottom."

He dropped off the cliff in an elegant fashion, when he came close to the ground his spell activated letting him float above the ground. His feet gently touched the ground at the entrance of the forest, he waited with his menacing eyes staring down the opposition. A gate opened, walking out is his prized possessions, everyone waited behind him, from orge sized phantom armor to petite little flame and dark spirits. Sin steps into the light, being spotted immediately. Arrows fly at him, bouncing off thin air as he walks to speaking distance. A familiar face can be seen from the enemy side but ignored Nevertheless, upon reaching the designated point, Sin points at the hooded figure with his long sharp finger.

Sin: "Are you the weapon they sent to kill me. Monster Slayer."

A man unveils his face, the chiseled chin, and the manly grey beard gave him a badass aura around him, not forgetting the actual aura everyone possesses. He hopped off his horse making his way to Sin, he stops seven feet away from him. His clothes look more rugged than the shiny armor-clad soldiers behind him. He wears a dire wolf pelt, the shiny black fur complements his greying hair, most of it was cool black except the roots of his hair. He styled with a Viking undercut wielding a steel blade on his back with fur boots and leggings. His aura felt off to Sin, still, Sin talked first.

Sin: "Where do you come from, Monster Slayer."

Monster Slayer: "From the goddess Athena."

Sin: "Ah I see, a tool for the gods to play with."

Monster Slayer: "No, I am just a tool for these humans, but they pay good money."

Sin: "I am guessing they paid you a fortune or else you would know how dangerous it is just to stand near me."

Monster Slayer: "I wouldn't be called Monster Slayer if I didn't know how dangerous you are."

Sin: "What is your name skilled one."

Monster Slayer: "Jackel, the mutant Monster Slayer."

Sin: "Shall we begin."

Jackel: "Before we do, my I have my familiar aid me."

Sin: "The More the Merrier."

A white light glows at the feet of Jackel, a bear of holy white fur climbs out of the summoning circle. Its eyes are pure red, the bear is massive, towering Jackel. Its fur radiant a white glow giving it a holy aura.

Jackel: "This is Killer, I know, dumb name."

Killer snarls at Jackel before turning back to the skeleton who rules the dead. 

Sin: "Come, fight me."

Killer charges on all fours, closing the distance between Sin and him, Killer swipes at Sin. Sin dodges back only to find Jackel behind him with his steel sword about to pierce Sin's back. A burst of dark cold blue flame sends both back, Jackel warps away as Killer takes the brunt of the attack head-on. Sin stands there in full black armor resembling centurion armor with spikes on the shoulders wearing a helmet with a flaming blue crest pointing forward on the top of the helmet. Jackel regrouped with Killer sizing up his opponent.

Sin: "Did you think I only use spells."

Jackel: "Shit."

Jackel flips open his pouch, popping open a green potion and chugging it down. His weak fatigued look in his eye vanished.

Jackel: "What other tricks do you have up your sleeve."

Sin: "This."

He points his black blade unleashing his army of the dead behind him. Jackel and Killer charge Sin as Sin charges them, Killer runs in front as Jackel leaps off of Killers back. Slashing downwards, Sin catches Jackel's blade but takes a hit from Killer sending him sliding to the right. Jackel keeps the pressure, slipping out of dimension and back into reality right behind Sin. Jackel puts his blade through Sin's ribcage, just missing his dark orb of life. Sin grabs the blade that is sticking out the front.

Sin: "A steel blade, I know you would not use steel against one of my kind unless you have something up your sleeve."

Sin crushes the blade in two, swinging his pommel (the end of the handle of a sword) and cracking Jackel's jaw. Jackel tumbled back holding his jaw and his broken blade with the other. His steel sword glows bright green, regenerating back the blade of the sword.

Jackel: "This blade is special, having it been used by others before me, they all used runes to keep this sword together."

Killer rushes but Sin stands, motionless.

Sin: "I grow tired of this, Dissolve into nothing."

Pointing at the army under attack from his allies, they melt in an excruciating fashion, turning into puddles of liquid human meat. Sin points his sharp finger at Killer who stops in his tracks.

Sin: "You now have no one to pay you Monster Slayer, what is your bidding."

Sin's finger is a centimeter away from Killer's eyes, everyone regroups back up with Sin, surrounding Jackel and Killer.

Jackel: "I see no point in fighting you if my coin has died with them and there is no reason to harm a peaceful being such as yourself."

Sin Calms his senses, his clothes revert back to the red robes he once wore.

Sin: "I will let you live but I ask you this, if you find any harmless monster with nowhere to go, send them here. It will make your job easy and I can keep them safe from humans."

Jackel pops his jaw back into place: "You have a deal."

Sin and Jackel shake hands, a search through the bodies of liquid, Sin doesn't find what he is looking for.

Sun: 'They escaped sir."

Sin: "I know, but they won't get away again."

Jackel walks over to the edge of the battlefield digging up a trap spike.

Jackel: "I was glad it didn't have to come down to this."

Jackel waved goodbye while walking to the city, the group surrounding Sin await his orders.

Sin: "My allies, thank you for helping me, even if it was as small as this."

Rex: "It's always a pleasure."

Sin: "I think it's time to sleep."

Everyone was in shock by Sin's comment.

Sun: "No you can't!"

Moon: "You can't leave us!"

Phantom: "But Master! You can't, who is going to lead the mansion when you are gone."

Sin: "All of you will, I have one last request for all of you."

All of them: "Anything."

Sin: "One last small party with just you guys is what I request."

Sun: "Why would we say no."

Rex: "Sure why not."

Today was a victory, tomorrow is a celebration, the next is goodbye. The tired Lich held no fear in his heart, knowing his allies will take care of things when he is gone. 

Sin: "Gate."

The portal opens to the throne room, his mansion awaits him. Sin takes the first steps, the others follow his lead; the portal shut down behind them. 

Sin: "I wonder when the other three are getting here, I hope they didn't get lost on their way here."

Rex: "I seriously doubt they get lost, especially Rez, the only one you need to worry about is Ven."

Sin: "I see your point, *Sigh."

The hunched-over skeleton wanders through his throne room having the others watch him move around.

Moon: "What is it that you are doing."

Sin: "Just taking it all in for the last time, the many treasures we accumulated over the years just seems to grow in value."

Phantom: "Maybe we use one for old time sake."

Sin: "I think I am far too greedy to ever use them. Perhaps when I sleep you can use one."

Phantom: "I would never, it goes against your order."

Sin: "Fine then, Sun, Moon."

Both: "Yes?"

Sin turns his back to them: "You two will take my place as the new masters of the manor."

He walks out of the room heading down the hallway.

Everyone: "Master wait!"

They rush after him, Moon forms around Sin, he ignites a flame from his finger, releasing him from her grasps.

Moon: "Master that is insane, what are you thinking!"

Sin moves along the broad hallway, getting bombarded with questions as he walks to his room.

Sun: "Sin, I can't take that much pressure, what happens if I make a mistake!"

Sin: "You will be fine, now all of you go relax."

Shutting the massive doors behind them. Their voices are all muddled by the doors, Sin hears them leave after a few minutes. Trudging over to his bed, gently letting himself down on the cushiony bed.

Sin in his mind: "Sorry everyone, but the time has been fun, I just grow tired of it."

The fire in his eye burns out, the peace and quiet he always wanted, felt, underwhelming, sad even. Lonely, just his thoughts to keep him company.

Sin: "My plans are almost coming to fruition all I need to do is wait."

A loud bang jolts him awake, an almost relieved feeling that he is not alone for now. 

Rough woman's voice: "I know you are in there bastard, they told me everything!"

Sin: "I knew Sun will pull out the big guns. Ven."

She rips the door apart, huffing and puffing steam out her smooth maroon lips, her hot red skin seems to be like it is burning, the bat wings attached to her flap in a menacing way. About the same height as the tall skeleton still feels as if she is towering over him, her master. Stomping her way to him, gripping his collar, and pulling him up. Whipping around her pointed tail the others watch from the doorframe, peeking their heads in. 

Ven: "So you want to leave this world huh! Over my hot red ass your not!"

Sin: "Ven, there are children here."

His nonchalant voice as the ferns watch the scene take place.

Ven lifts him up higher: "I don't care! I fight naked for crying out loud, do you really think I have any decency. NO! I am a high demon, of course, I don't care!"

Sin in his mind: "Good, I think I was able to change the subject."

Ven growls: "Do you really think you are getting off that easy!"

Sin summons water, she lets go of him dropping Sin to the ground.

Sin: "Look, all of you, I made up my mind, I am not going to change it."

Drake: "What did I miss."

Drake walks into the destroyed room dusting off debris from his shoulder. His blue vest looks like it barely fit him as his muscles bulged out of his clothes. The dark blue hair twirled down his back with a strand going down his face. The style certainly didn't match his personality but he is the one not to care what he was wearing, as long fun can be achieved he didn't care less about his looks.

Ven storms out of the room, putting a hole in the wall as she walks out, thrashing can be heard from down the hallway.

Moon: "I will clean it up."

Moon follows the trail of destruction like a crumb trail.

Drake: "I guess I was late to the party, Phantom told me what happen."

Sin: "Great, are you going to try to convince me too."

Drake puts a hand on the lich's shoulder looking him dead in his eye sockets.

Drake: "No."

Drake turns around: "Why should I try, I am obviously not your favorite and not your wife. Rez is almost here, she wanted me to tell you, you are a bone head."

Drake leaves his room down the hallway, mostly making his way to Phantom who is brandishing his weapon outside.

Sin is left alone with a door that is in splinters and thoughts of worry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1