Chapter 27: Party
363 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right now, my family and I are eating our breakfast in the dining room. While it is not as good as the one I usually cook, it was good enough for my taste. I'm not a picky eater, but I appreciate good food.

A few minutes later, I wipe my mouth and look at my mother before saying.

"Mother. I want to inform you that we are invited to the Winter Eve party in the royal palace."

"Hmm? The letter has arrived?"

"Yes. Do you want to come?"

"Hmmm. I will not come this year. I don't think your little sister can handle the winter wind just yet."

"Then, I will go there alone."

"No. You will not be going there alone."

"Hmmm?"

I tilted my head a little and looked at my mother with confusion.

"Your uncle will be coming there as well. Also, my father, your grandfather, will go there as well."

"That is true."

I forget that this event is for all nobility, not only a certain number of people.

"Mother, could you write to grandfather and ask if he wants to meet here or he wants to go to the royal palace immediately?"

"I think he wants to go immediately to the royal palace, but I guess I could ask him; he has not yet seen her only granddaughter after all."

"Thank you."

"Don't think about it. We are family, after all. Just be careful when you arrive at the royal palace. That place is called the Snake Pit for a reason. There are too many poisonous snakes in that place. The worst kind of snake."

"Oh? What kind of snake is that?"

"Politician."

"Hahahahaha. Then I'm a snake as well, then? To become a lord, one needs to know about politics, right?"

"No. You are a lord. You did not lie to get something for yourself. You lie to protect your people. You lie to make your people survive throughout the winter. You lie for the good of your people."

"I lie?"

"Don't think I don't know that you are creating a magical barrier around the land. While I'm not a magician, I'm coming from a family with a magic core inside our body. I only have a small core, but I'm sensitive to magic. I can feel the magic around us begin to thicken."

"I see. I'm sorry not informing you, mother."

"It was nothing. You do it so the people could eat. You do it, so the people don't starve to death. That is why I said that you are a lord, not a politician."

I smile a little and eat the dessert the servant brought. After eating all the food on the table, I get up from the chair and kiss my sister on her forehead before walking toward my office. There is still paperwork I need to do before I do my daily training and then go to sleep.

For now, there is a stack of paper I need to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been a week since the letter from the royal palace came and right now it is the time for me to go to the capital city and attend this party. My mother and an army of maids help me pick up the cloth I should bring with me.

While I will wear casual clothing for the journey, my mother insisted that I bring at least seven formal clothes for some reason. I cannot do anything about it. Not only I don't really know anything about fashion, but my mother says that I will need this many clothes.

After an hour of torture, I'm ready to go. I walk out of the castle and stop in front of the carriage I will be using on my journey. Around the castle is a soldier wearing their full armor. They are the top soldier personally picked by the master of arms.

I walk toward my mother and hug her for a few seconds. After hugging my mother, I walk toward the wet nurse and then kiss my little sister's forehead before walking inside the carriage. I continued to give them a wave before I couldn't see them anymore.

When there is nothing I could do anymore, I take out a Nintendo switch from my pocket dimension. The journey will take two weeks. If it were not for my pocket dimension, I would be dead because of boredom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Elizabeth Anworth von Vulux. I'm a princess of the Vulux kingdom. I'm the third child of the current king of the Vulux kingdom. Many people see me as your usual innocent princess, but I have a massive secret.

I'm a reincarnated person!

I'm called Haruyama Hazuki, a thirty-year-old woman working as a mangaka in my previous life. I still remember how I was dead. That night, after drinking a lot of sake for the celebration of my first royalty, I try to walk home, but when I want to cross the street, I can see a bright light and before suddenly I can feel all my body hurt before the darkness consumes me. The last thing I see is a bloodied truck before I don't know anymore.

The next thing I know, I wake up as the princess of some kingdom. However, when a week or so passes by, I suddenly remember which world I'm reincarnated to. This is the same world as an otome game I once played in the past!

The game is called 'White Angel.' This game is about a woman having an ancient bloodline that lets her kill monsters easily. This bloodline takes the form of a white wing that protects her from any harm coming at him. This wing also let her attack any monster coming in her way.

The story starts when she awakens her bloodline in public after being tortured by her family that sees her as useless. The reason for this torment is because her face has a large scar across her face.

Originally she is the dotted daughter of her family, but because of some accident that her step little sister orchestrated, she got a massive scar on her face.

The MC is from a merchant family with connections to the high-ranking noble family, and the heir of that family fancy the MC. Seeing the opportunity, the MC father decides to offer a marriage proposal to the said family, and they accept it.

However, the father did not know that her other daughter from his second wife is falling in love with this heir. Blinded with jealousy, she creates a plan to deform the MC's face into something ugly. When the heir sees the MC's new face, he decides to cancel the engagement and the trade agreement between them.

The little sister gets a potion from one of the magicians from the Tower of Magic. The game did not say the magician's name, but the game implies that he was a high-ranking magician. The game did not give any information about an important event! Hell, there is no official name for the main character and her family! The player decided the name.

Anyway, that is not important right now. What is important is that I'm reincarnated as the daughter of a shitty king! My father is a man that blind to the situation in his kingdom. He did not care about his kingdom and only cared about his own needs.

White Angel is a unique game. It was not like the usual Visual Novel that you only need to click your choice. It was more like a strategy game like a Crusader King. It will help if you manage your land with a side Visual Novel gameplay.

When I play the game, this kingdom will always be the first one to be destroyed by either this kingdom's enemy or by its own noble.

Lucky for me, I still have ten or so years before that disaster happens.

The first disaster is happening when the Winter Eve party is happening. From what I know in the game, the noble from the southern region of the Vulux kingdom hate the people from the northern region. The southern noble thinks that the north people are a barbarian who only know how to fight.

They did not think about the harsh environment of the north. The north is filled with monsters, and its climate makes it hard for them to grow crops. They didn't care about noble etiquette because they don't need that to survive.

The north is also the place where many demi-human reside. Vulux kingdom is known for its acceptance of other races, but in reality, only the northern region accepts the demi-human. A slave is legal in this kingdom, and the usual target for enslavement is the demi-human.

Because of them accepting the demi-human as their citizen, the southern nobles begin to see them as the second citizen even though they are the nobles of this kingdom.

The southern noble says that northern people are people that eat each other to fill their belly, but I know it was false information. Northern is the most loyal people in the Vulux kingdom. When they see you as their lord or lady, they will give their life to protect yours without any hesitation. That is how people really are.

On the other hand, the southern noble sees the other as either prey to be hunted or as a tool they can use for their benefit. It is kinda ironic when they say that the northern people eat each other to fill their belly, but the truth is the opposite. The southern noble is willing to eat the other to fill their belly and filled their coffer with gold.

"My princess, we have arrived."

I snap from my thoughts when the maid says that we are arriving. Did you remember the first disaster will be happening at the Winter Eve party? Well, today is the day where the first disaster will happen.

"Announcing Elizabeth Anworth von Vulux! The princess of Vulux Kingdom!"

When I walk inside the ballroom, I suddenly hear a mechanical voice in my head.

|210 unscanned people. Would you scan them?|

Yes.

|Scanning….. Scan complete. If you want to see their status, please say identify in your head while facing your target.|

This is the ability I got when I get reincarnated in this world. This ability I called Scan and Identify. It is like a game mechanic, but it can only show the status of the people I scanned. While it sounds useless, it is something that is really useful for me to have.

|Theodore Mast|

|Viscount Rank|

|35 years old|

|Human|

|STR: 7|

|VIT: 9|

|INT: 0|

|WIS: 17|

|What he feels about you|

{Lusting over your body. Want to make you his woman but know it is impossible. Want to get your good favor.}

Just like that. I can see what people think about me, and let me tell you, this ability is really useful if you have an important title. Because of this ability, I can avoid people that have bad intentions towards me, and this place has so many of those kinds of people.

Especially an older man who wants to marry a fourteen years old child. I cannot keep saying that I'm too young to marry when I'm almost coming of age. This world is still in the medieval age, where fifteen years old was already considered an adult.

A healthy adult has a 10 in his/her physical stats. STR is how strong you are. VIT is how durable and healthy your body is. That is for the physical stats. INT is the stats for your magic and how many mana you have. WIS is the one showing how clever you are. That is the mental stats.

I also can identify their skill, but I need to keep looking at them, making it an awkward situation when I try to do it.

Anyway, I avoid all the people that try to gather my goodwill in favor of searching for one of the most important people at this party.

Isaac Lionheart.

Isaac has a title given by the player of White Angel.

The Silver Lion

He is the one that takes care of the people of the north and the one that tries his best to feed all the people in the north when the winter comes, from selling the other some food at a lower rate than the other or even giving them some food for free when the harvest is failed.

He was like a lion protecting its cub from danger, and in return, he will get the loyalty of all the nobles in the northern region.

Anyway, after a few seconds of searching, I see a group of people of different races gathering in the corner of the room, chatting at each other and having a pleasant moment. As I walk toward that group, I see my target and quickly use my identity.

|Isaac Lionheart|

|Count Rank|

|15 years old|

|Human|

|STR: 70|

|VIT: 87|

|INT: 325|

|WIS: 50|

|What he feels about you|

{Did not know anything about you. Curious about you. Uncomfortable with you staring at him}

When I see the last description, I look away with my face burning up before coughing and bowing a little at him.

"Excuse me. My name is Elizabeth Anworth von Vulux, but please call me Elizabeth or Eli."

Isaac looked at me with a surprised expression before shaking his head and smiling at me.

"Isaac Lionheart. It is a pleasure to meet you. What can I do for you?"

3