Chapter 34: Vita Cotidie
289 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Isaac. Can I come in?"

I look away from my paperwork when I hear Lucina's voice coming from the door.

"Of course. Come in"

As I say that, Lucina walks inside with two cups of tea in her hand. It has been two weeks since I arrived in my castle from the capital and a week since Richard's report that said the Blackbriar family declared war on us.

"Here. I help the servant brew this tea."

"You know… You don't need to help the other brew it."

"But I want to do it. A wife needs to know how to cook, brew tea or coffee for her husband. While we are not yet a husband and wife, after the war will be husband and wife."

After I accepted the marriage proposal my uncle gave to me, my uncle said that Lucina should stay with me while preparing for the marriage ceremony between Lucina and me. However, before he could travel to Sea Dragon City, Blackbriar's declaration of war reached us. Making the wedding ceremony delayed.

I can imagine him raging at the news.

"Thank you, Lucina."

"It is my pleasure. So, what will you do to fight against the Blackbriar?"

"There is a saying that the most dangerous man is the one that doesn't have anything to lose. With the Blackbriar family losing all their money, their ship gets burned down, leaving them with nothing. Knowing their so-called pride begin trampled for not attacking me, they will do something stupid. Either they loan a large amount of money or order their vassal to gather all of their armies."

"But that will make their vassals hate them."

"Yes, and when I receive the news they move their army, I will only need a final push to break them apart."

"And that is?"

Before I could say anything, a fire appeared between Lucina and me. Coming from the fire is Yuka, who immediately curls up around my neck. After making herself comfortable, she says.

"Master, I'm back from the Blackbriar territory."

"What is the news you bring?"

"They already moved out their territory, master. The lord Blackbriar's family, Matthew, takes a massive loan of seven hundred thousand gold coins from the Holy Light Empire bank to gear up his army and buy some ration. He decided to go all out when he heard you selling many foods to the northern nobles recently. He thought that you have enough wealth to compensate for all his losses. He also promises his vassals that we have enough gold for them to loot."

"How much is their army?"

"There are ten thousand men total from the combination of Blackbriar's main army and the army from his vassal. They also bring a catapult with them."

"Then they will arrive at the gate in a month or maybe more. Yuka, please be a dear and create as much chaos as possible, would you? Steal all their food. We will not waste good food after all and burn down their catapult, okay."

"I demand a steak! You will be the one that cooks it!"

"Of course. I promise it."

After I say that, Yuka jumps off my shoulder and about to go to do her mission. However, before he could jump inside the portal, I quickly said,

"Yuka, I want you to do it in three days. I want them to be as far away from their home before you stole their supply and burned their catapult. I also want you to steal all their weapons and armor as well if you can. If you think it's too dangerous to do it without them noticing, then don't do it."

"Okay, master~."

"Then be careful."

After Yuka is gone, I look at Lucina before saying.

"Now, answering your last question. A wise man once said, 'A true victory is a victory that is obtained without lifting your finger,' and there is also someone saying, 'Chaos is the ladder.' Both two men are correct. If there is a victory that can be obtained without risking my people and my loved ones, I will do it. In the first place, this war is stupid. This war is started because some idiot gets offended, and their pride is hurt. I do not regret doing this."

"I see. I guess I understand your point. However, I don't really like it. I grew up in a household where a fight should be happening face to face in an honorable way."

"... I will try not to do that often. However, if people declare war for a stupid reason like the Blackbriar family or for greed, I will do it again."

"Thank you."

I spend the rest of the day with Lucina as she helps with all the paperwork I have. While working on the report with Lucina, my office's door opens up, and coming from the door is my little sister and mother walking inside.

"Isaac, we come here to see you. Ginerva over here misses you."

"En! Big brother, not play! Gin wants to play!"

I smile before walking toward my little sister and pick her up before tickling her.

"Hahahahaha! Stop! Tickles! Stop, hahahahaha!"

I continued to tickle her for a few seconds before letting her sit on my lap.

"So! What can I do for you?"

"Hmmm… Story!"

"I see. What kind of story do you want?"

"Adventure!"

"I see, I see. Then let me tell you about the tale of five adventurers exploring the world called Egrad…"

I begin to tell my little sister the tale of my D&D adventure before I got reincarnated into this world. A Devil contractor warlock that is also a devoted Christian. A vegetarian and non-drinking Barbarian. A Rogue who is not a Kleptomania. A Wizard who has dyslexia. Lastly, a Bard wants to be a virgin until he finds his loved one.

~The Next Day~

I look at all the vegetables and fruit already fully grown with the help of my magic. We are currently inside one of the newly built greenhouses. This is one of the projects I finished when I became the lord of Sea Dragon City.

Two newly built greenhouse where I can plant a medical herb and also emergency food. Beside me is Richard, my mother, my little sister, and Lucina. We come here to harvest the strawberry I plant in this place.

"Woah! Brother, can I pick them?!?"

"Of course. You can also eat them if you want. Here let me show you how to do it."

I show my little sister how to pick up the strawberry and then feed her one of them. I smile when she eats the strawberry like a hamster. Cute.

"Isaac, what will you do with all this fruit? Will you sell it?"

"Not for now, mother. However, I will sell them to other countries in the future. What do you think?"

"Hmmm. Good idea. I think you should do that."

"Of course, mother."

While I have much gold from the Blackbriar family, it is good to have a steady income. However, I need to think of ways to keep the fruit fresh when they arrive in the other country. I guess I need to create something.

While it is not too far away from Sea Dragon City, the city of Herston still needs a few weeks to reach it from Sea Dragon City via ship.

I shake my head and continue harvesting all the strawberries. Hmmm… I wonder how the Blackbriar family is doing?

3