HTSCF CH 001 It’s just dying, no big deal.
3.4k 1 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: I’ve been reading a lot of BL (male/male relationship) QT (Quick Transmigration) stories so hopping on that bandwagon! This is mainly for fun and relaxation for me, and I hope you’ll enjoy the adventures too. Unlike most BL QTs though, this is NOT a 1v1 but a polyamorous vee. Yup, it’s a 3P and there are two MLs. It is 2V1!!! Also, it’ll be HE (happy ending), so enjoy the fluff and… Smut! Lol

I’m using this story to practice writing smut, to be honest… Never written any before, but read a decent amount so… We shall see!

Special thanks to my friend Jeannette for betaing Arc 1!

It was a beautiful day. The sun was gloriously bright, the clouds were cute and fluffy and the sky a brilliant blue. The chances of it raining should have been minuscule, and for anyone else, this would have been signs of a great day. But who was Jun Travis? Only the unluckiest person in the world. As he laid on the ground in a pool of his blood that was being washed away by the rain, he was filled with regret.

Would things have been different had he not gone out of the house to get some milk tea? But he hadn’t had one in three—three—days! And he wanted to celebrate being accepted into the college of his choice. That was the best thing to have happened to him in over a month, and now he wouldn’t even be able to attend college. 

The person who had stabbed him one too many times seemed to be shouting some nonsense at him: “Dick, you fucking cheater! Was sleeping with me not enough for you, but you had to go and sleep with my sister too!?”

Who was Dick? Was that really his name? No, it had to be a nickname, right? Sure, that sounded terrible, but for the love of god, why was this woman still talking after stabbing him so many times? One stab had apparently not been enough for her, and now he was on the verge of death while being wrongly accused.

Somehow, someway, Jun managed a few last words before dying completely: “… Lady, I’m gay…”

That’s right, Jun is 200% gay. No woman or force of nature would ever be able to unbend him. Unless he was female, or that Dick person was also gay, or perhaps a man who enjoyed cross-dressing, or perhaps a woman, or perhaps that woman who stabbed him was blind, then Jun really didn’t know how he ended up in such a situation. Alas, his questions wouldn’t be answered, at least not in this lifetime.

‘I’m seriously tired of this shit.’

“Then survive!”

Great, now he was hearing things. Wasn’t he supposed to be dead?

“Open your eyes, dearest Host!”

With much unwillingness, Jun opened his eyes to find himself floating in space. Hell turned out to be a lot better looking than he expected.

“This isn’t Hell, it’s Limbo!”

There was some strange blob talking to him. Upon closer inspection, he saw that it was an asymmetrical blob, one that made you itch to right all the wrongs. Half of the round furball was black with white feathered wings while the other half was white with bat wings. It was quite ugly but oddly cute at the same time. 

“…”

“Hello? Dearest Host, can you hear me?”

The ball of fur really was talking to him. He heard the boyish voice but couldn’t find a mouth. Jun considered playing deaf, as dead was no longer an option. Could one reach a state of deader than dead and if so what would it be called?

“Host, please don’t have such morbid thoughts.”

“… Stop reading my thoughts.” Jun finally responded and sat up. “… What the hell are you?”

The furball hopped up and down in frustration. “It’s me, System 00! Have you forgotten, dearest Host?”

“Do I know you?”

After asking that, Jun was granted a vision of wonder. The furball—System 00—who had no eyes, eyeballs, or anything of the sort, seemed to be crying. Or was that sweat? He couldn’t tell as the water seemed to be leaking out from all parts of the furball. It was a little disgusting.

“Uwu, dearest Host, I’m not disgusting. Did you really forget me? It must be because you failed the previous world’s mission so you were punished with memory loss.”

“What nonsense are you talking about?”

“I guess I have to explain again, dearest Host.”

It seemed the world just now was a ‘mission world,’ not Jun’s origin world. In his origin world, he had also died, after which he was chosen by System 00, Survive As A Cannon Fodder, to be his host. Had he completed the mission of the world just now, he would have been able to return to his origin world, but since he failed, his memory was now fragmented in multiple worlds, and he would have to retrieve all of them to return to his origin world.

“That sounds like a pain. Aren’t I already dead in my origin world? Can I just choose to die now and not do any missions?” Jun asked.

“Uh… Absolutely not!”

“Why not?”

“B-Because…”

“What?”

“Well, it’s time to start the next world! Remember dearest Host, your mission is simple. You just have to survive as a cannon fodder!”

“Wait—”

“Initializing the next world in 30,29, 28…”

Jun’s face was marked with black lines. So the system was just going to ignore him?

Around him, the space swirled and collapsed until there was only a blinding whiteness that made him squint. In his head, Jun heard the system speak again: “A reminder, dearest Host. Please work hard to complete the mission, as the next punishment is not memory loss, but a loss of self. You really don’t want to lose who you are and forever face the fate of a cannon fodder, do you?”

Jun so desperately wanted to retort: ‘Aren’t you forcing me to be a cannon fodder…?’

“No, your mission is to survive as a cannon fodder, so you are going against the fate of cannon fodders. Don’t worry, dearest Host, I will always be here for you. Just in case, let me explain the rules again…”

There were two types of Main Missions. Depending on the world and his cannon fodder identity, he either had to: A) Survive Death. That is, stay alive until the age of 19. B) Survive Misfortune and Disaster. That is, deal with all the bullshit the world throws at him and live well for five years. 

Except for Type B Missions, System 00 would grant him protection from the plot until the age of 18, and afterward, he would be allowed one Rewind. Rewind would allow him to go back in time and redo the last minute.

“You only get one Rewind, and it cannot be used after death so use it very carefully, dearest Host.” System 00 emphasized. 

When the heck was he supposed to use it then? Wasn’t that basically a useless “skill?”

“… Now entering the world: Reborn to Bloom in the Apocalypse.”

Ignored yet again, Jun’s thoughts could be summed up in one word: ‘Fuck.’

— 

A/N: A short beginning chapter. Following ones will be longer, don’t worry.

The name Jun is gender-neutral and can be Korean, Japanese, or Chinese. The character I am associating Jun with is 淳, which can mean pure, simple, honest, genuine, naive, etc.

Travis is an English name of French origin from the word “traverser” or “to cross.” Meaning behind Travis is basically “to cross over.”

[HTSCF can also be found on Wattpad or my website www.morinorin.com. If you want to support my sanity, please consider my ko-fi https://ko-fi.com/morinorin.]

48