HTSCF CH 010.5 That hour (short extra)
1.4k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: 10/29/21... This was originally only available on my website, but I've decided to include it on Scribble Hub and Wattpad as well.

"Jun!"

The shouts of two men alerted those on Silver Base's walls. Oriana watched in horror as Jun seemed to be falling off the watchtower. Before he did, his arms were caught by Azel and Eli, but there seemed to be something wrong when his body convulsed uncontrollably and his skin color began to turn ugly.

He was turning into a zombie. How?

The reason would be explained by the female protagonist later, who had also seen Jun's transformation and had a guess. As for Eli and Azel, they quickly took off with Jun and returned to their penthouse. The zombified Jun was unresponsive as he had been controlled by Eli to remain calm.

"... Azazel, you there?"

Azel looked at Eli calmly. "I'm here."

"Good." This time, when Eli punched him Azel simply accepted it, his cheeks turning a swollen red. "How did you mistake the female protagonist for Jun!?"

"It wasn't me."

"Then... Is it that asshole?"

There was a desperate and forlorn expression on Azel's face as he watched the listless zombie Jun. "Yes, but I think it's also Jun. He—"

"No, you should have just killed that asshole back then!"

"I..." Azel paused, divided. "... But you know that Jun..."

"So what?" Eli crossed his arms, unconvinced.

Sighing, Azel let it go. "... Will this really work, Elior?"

"It has to fucking work. He promised he'd wait for me."

They both took another look at zombie Jun, who would have appeared quite cute and innocent if it weren't for the saliva constantly running down his chin and the low growls he was making. Azel wiped away the drool with a shaky hand, the scene of Jun falling off the watchtower still fresh in his mind.

Half an hour later, Eli could finally breathe again and rubbed Jun's cheek. "Happy 19th birthday, you fool." A minute of silence followed, then he resolutely ended the zombie Jun. "You have to wait for me. You promised."

Azel was looking at Jun's now completely dead body without any expression. Only his clenched fists gave hints to the conflicted feelings he held deep inside. "Let's go."

They nodded at each other before disintegrating into thousands of little firefly-like lights along with Jun's body.

A/N: And that wraps up the zombie arc! Next arc, American Idol! Just kidding... But there will be singing, maybe. Not really. Don't trust this unreliable author lol. 

37