HTSCF CH 015 Who is the real murderer?
1.3k 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jun was about to respond when something caught his eye on the tv. Participant G was just found dead.

 

This didn’t make sense! One couldn’t blame Jun for his sudden zoning out. After all, when the supposed murderer of the world’s plot is found dead, how else was he supposed to react?

 

|Um, System?|

 

|Dearest Host! You haven’t talked to this system in forever! This system thought you had forgotten about me, uwu.|

 

|Don’t you ‘uwu’ me! It’s only been a week at most! What happened to the plot? Why is the murderer dead?|

 

|Alright, alright, let me check…|

 

While Jun waited for a response, Ezekiel was still waiting for his response, but seeing the dazed look on his face, he yielded, seeming to be used to such a thing. He couldn’t remember, but he had a feeling that Jun would return to reality soon.

 

|Host, good news!|

 

|What good news? It’s never good news coming from you.|

 

|You wound me, dearest Host. Maybe I just won’t tell you. Humph!|

 

|…|

 

|Alright, I’ll tell you, I’ll tell you! Only because I adore you, dearest Host, ok? You must appreciate this system, ok?|

 

|Yeah, ok.|

 

|… That didn’t sound too honest but it’ll do. Anyway, the good news is that you’ve unlocked the super special ultra-delicious Hidden Mission! Normally it’ll unlock once you complete the Main Mission, but in the last world you ‘died’ right after, so it didn’t appear. In this world, the plot has deviated in a way that automatically unlocked the Hidden Mission. If you complete the Hidden Mission, you can stay in this world until you die naturally under a lifetime protection period. Isn’t that great!?|

 

|Wow, that was long.|

 

|Host!|

 

|Alright fine, what’s the Hidden Mission?|

 

|It’s simple. Find the real murderer!|

 

|So participant G was never the real murderer?|

 

|Nope!|

 

|Well shit, then that protagonist shou is just unreliable!|

 

|A lot of things have changed so…|

 

That was true. For one, he wasn’t the first victim and was still alive. For another, nothing ever happened between Asher Xavier and Ezekiel…

 

‘Oh shit!’

 

Realizing that he had left Ezekiel on hold for at least several minutes, Jun ran back to reality to say: “I’m sorry, what did you say?”

 

“Then… Will you marry me after our contract ends?”

 

Jun wanted to go back to zoning out, but that would be cruel. But seriously, what was with these two men and jumping right to marriage? Shouldn’t they date first? Not to mention, he couldn't marry two men.

 

“No way, Jun will be marrying me first,” Theodore interjected. 

 

“No, it’ll be me first,” said Ezekiel. Both had forgotten that Jun hadn’t agreed to marry either of them.

 

‘So the issue isn’t about who would marry me but who first?’ 

 

Jun wanted to laugh as this thought ran through his mind. Unable to stand it anymore he shouted: “Shouldn’t it be dating first!?”

 

Ezekiel and Theodore looked at each other and seemed to be having a psychic conversation with one another as this lasted for a full minute.

 

“Alright, then dating with the intent to marry.” Ezekiel and Theodore spoke at the same time, finally agreeing.

 

“But baby, you really should become the mascot of my band.” Theodore seemed to still be caught up in that idea. “We could have you wear a maid outfit and some bunny ears… No, wait, some cat ears would be better!”

 

“No way.” While he disagreed, Ezekiel couldn’t help but have a nosebleed when he imagined Jun in such a dress-up. “He’ll be returning to vocal broadcasting so he won’t have time to be your band’s mascot.”

 

Jun handed Ezekiel a tissue. “I’m not doing either of those things. I’m going to attend college.”

 

“Ok, baby, whatever you want.”

 

“Ok, babe, whatever you want.”

 

Ezekiel and Theodore shot visual daggers at each other, and Jun simply laughed. It was almost like being with Azel and Eli again. No, it was them. He was certain of it.

 

As for college, in the first world, he failed to attend because he died, and in the previous world, he only attended for half a year then the zombie apocalypse happened. This time, he wanted to earn a degree, and it seemed possible as long as he figured out who the real murderer was.

 

But first, he had to start studying for the college entrance exams. Although time-wise, it might have been maybe two years ago since he last took one, some reviewing might do him good. Besides, he didn’t know what the school system was like in this world. 

 

Over the next month, on top of following the variety show and seeing how things would play out, he began to look into how entrance exams worked and what kind of colleges were in the area, as he didn’t want to go too far away from Theodore and Ezekiel, not that they would let him. If he did choose one far away, he wouldn’t be surprised if they followed him. 

 

Much like the previous world, having the two men around seemed to diminish the death target mark on his head, so Jun was grateful for that. Even when they went out for milk tea, to eat, or to buy some clothes for him, everything was as normal as could be. 

 

Today was the second to last day of the variety show, and the plot seemed to be developing as intended. With the death of participant G, the total victim count stopped at 3, which was how it was in the original storyline. If things continued to play out that way, tomorrow would be the big reveal, and Jun was looking forward to it.

 

As far as the Hidden Mission was concerned, there seemed to be no deadline, so he was planning to cheat his way through and have the protagonist shou do the hard work. Why put forth more effort when it wasn’t necessary?

 

“How about this one, baby?” His thoughts interrupted, Jun returned his focus to the current state of affairs. A piece of red flimsy lace women’s lingerie was being dangled before his eyes.

 

“No.”

 

He might enjoy crossdressing, but women’s lingerie was pushing it. What next? Stockings and high heels? He wouldn’t put it past that pervert Theodore. Ezekiel, who had mixed feelings about the piece of women’s underwear, actually looked disappointed. No wonder those two men somehow got along—they shared the same perverted tastes.

 

“Then how about this one?” Refusing to quit, Theodore held up a black see-through slip. Jun simply left the store. “Baby, wait up!”

 

Ezekiel nodded at the shopkeeper and followed after them. In the store, two girls who had witnessed the scene started gossiping with each other.

 

“Oh my god, was that Solar Eclipse’s Theodore Rey? I heard that he just recovered from his coma not too long ago.”

 

“It was! And the other one was Ezekiel Backert, CEO of Moonlit Entertainment!”

 

“But who was that girl?”

 

“ I don’t know. Never seen her before, though she looks familiar.”

 

“Wait, weren’t they shopping for lingerie for her!?”

 

“!!!”

 

Once again mistaken for a girl without his knowing, Jun took out his phone to find a well-rated milk tea shop nearby. This wasn’t the first time the trio had been spotted in public, and sometimes Jun would be in men’s clothes, sometimes women’s clothes. Currently, there was a hot forum thread about the trio, but neither Ezekiel nor Theodore cared since they had no plans of hiding anything from the beginning.

 

At first, everyone was excited that the two were suddenly appearing in public more often, but soon people realized that there was always a third person accompanying them. Jun was quickly gaining some negative scrutiny from those who were jealous and wishing they were in his position. Many people slammed him on the internet for being a gold digger after finding out his identity.

 

If he were made aware of such slander, he would respond with: It’s not gold-digging, it’s milk tea digging. Get it right.

 

Unfortunately, such an opportunity wouldn’t have the chance to arrive, as Moonlit Entertainment’s PR team was quick to erase all such negative posts. However, they did not remove any pictures or talk about the relationship of the trio. 

 

A milk tea shop was decided on and the drinks and snacks picked up, they chose a table in the corner of the shop to settle down in. Nearby, some of the other customers were taking sneak photos. 

 

While savoring his drink, which was black coffee not tea, Theodore the undaunted pervert was shopping online. He leaned over to Jun on his right and showed him the item, a maid outfit. “What do you think of this?”

 

“For you?”

 

“Of course it’s for you, baby.”

 

“Don’t I already have one?” 

 

Ezekiel was also looking at the maid outfit. “No, this one is slightly different.”

 

Jun choked on some boba and was given comforting pats on the back by the man. How was it this guy knew more about the details of his clothes than he did?

 

“Still no.”

 

“Baby, I thought you liked maid outfits?” Theodore asked, almost whining. Truthfully, Jun was beginning to question whether it was he who liked the clothes or these two perverts.

 

“I have too many clothes now.”

 

They kept buying him clothes, and now he already had two walk-in closets’ worth, one for men’s clothes, the other for women’s. 

 

“Should we set up a third closet?” Ezekiel suggested.

 

“No!” Really, these two had too much free time and money. Ezekiel had even recently started leveling up his efficiency to leave work earlier and no longer worked weekends. In an attempt to change the subject, Jun opened the main website for the variety show. “Look, Asher said he’ll reveal the murderer during the finale tomorrow. Who do you think it is?”

 

“It could be someone unrelated to the variety show. That forest is known for unresolved murders.” Ezekiel said. “There was that singer a year ago strangled to death by his manager, who turned out to be his secret lover.”

 

“… And you let me participate in that show?”

 

“I wasn’t thinking properly at the time…”

 

Theodore shook his head. In general, Ezekiel needed to work harder.

 

“So you don’t believe in what Asher is saying?” Jun asked.

 

“Why would I? Ghosts are unscientific.” 

 

“You…” Though he so badly wanted to reveal a certain plot point, Jun didn’t. To think that this man could be won over by the protagonist shou at the mention of Jun’s ghost could be a sign of the depths of his true feelings.

 

In the plot, clues to the murderer were based on details told to Asher Xavier by the victims’ ghosts, which led him and readers to the murderer participant G. Now that both he and Jun were no longer in the equation, the clues seemed to be leading to participant D, but for some reason, Jun felt that it was still wrong.

 

“What do you think, Theo?”

 

Theodore had once been a “ghost” so maybe he knew something more.

31