10: No Strings Attached
76 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Here are the chapters for the week! Thank you to everyone who's been reading and commenting! Thank you to everyone who's been supporting me on Patreon and Ko-Fi! I'll see you guys the week after next week because I'm doing some stuff this coming week!

Jo and I were in a dungeon, in a server named Diamant-Sable-Flux. One of a number of those servers where something happened that resulted in the world getting dried out and turned into one big desert. The dungeon was in a pyramid. A former-supermassive arcology that likely would have been home to millions, but was now largely inhabited by all manner of giant insects, skeletal robots with their chassis half-rotted, and mummified-dryads in tattered, yellow, cloth wrappings.

Jo had just finished having a grand old time tearing through the sand and stone halls, ripping apart anything that stood in her way. She used bullets, bombs, claws, and fangs, to reduce a population of millions of monsters, to zero. Now my wife was all mellowed out, gnawing on the femur of a giant Entombed-King that served as the boss for this particular ruin. She’d even gone as far as letting her escargot recede back into being a choker. Simply wearing her outdoor clothes as she lazed on the crumbling throne.

“Are you super sure you don’t want some? Super duper sure? I mean I already ate most of the meat already, but there’s still a little left. And it’s super yummy...So yummy. It tastes like...spicy-teriyaki pork...with some very strong earthy-undertones. Like...pork and mushrooms...Oh, now I kind of want stir-fry for dinner,” said Josephine. Gnawing on her bone while looking up at me. Her tail wagged behind her as she sat on the broken through of the Entombed-King.

I shook my head. I was perfectly fine with the flood-dragon and spicy-mayo sandwich I’d brought along. Plus, I’d kind of already eaten my fill of this place, in my own way. Absorbing the spirits of the undead that called this ruin home to keep them from respawning behind us. I would probably be making that mushroom and pork stir fry though. I’d just slaughtered a couple of the demonic-boars that I was farming in my private server, and we’d found quite a number of rare mushrooms in one of the wilderness zones we’d been to lately.

The conversation eventually petered out. Jo and I just sat and relaxed in the cool, dry, darkness. Enjoying a comfortable silence. I dozed for a bit, while I continued to digest all those spirits of the restless dead that I’d consumed while I was in this dungeon. Then Jo cast a quick cleansing spell on herself, and looked up at me with a mischievous grin.

“Hey, Ellis?” said Josephine.

“Yeah?” I said.

“Wanna fool around a little before we head back?” said Josephine. Wearing a certain alluring expression that looked especially enticing on a face that usually only carried looks of almost angelic innocence and fiendish, bestial, brutality. 

I thought about the proposition for a bit, but ultimately nodded. Figuring, that I’d already set some fairly solid protections in place to keep any enemies we’d missed from entering the boss chamber, and it wouldn’t be hard to retrieve a blanket from my inventory and cast some cleaning spells to keep the sand, that covered everything in this ruin, from getting into places neither Jo, nor I would appreciate it getting into.

“Sure…”

What followed next wasn’t anything too wild. Jo and I had been married for a while, and had a sense of our likes and dislikes. Plus, this was still a dungeon. No place for us to be getting ‘too’ kinky. Josephine used her slippery, sticky, practically prehensile tongue on me. Going down on me. Alternating between swallowing my length, licking the tip, and sucking till it felt like my balls were going to run dry.

I returned the favor, meeting the lips on her lower body with the lips of my mouth. Using my own flexible tongue to get her clitoris purring. Then Jo rode me in the cowgirl position, while I played with her breasts, and once that was over and we’d cleaned up, We got out of there. Which was good timing because we ended up almost running into a party of this world's local adventurer-types, who'd been heading in the direction we'd just come from. 

*************************************************************************************************************

“Hey, Brandie, you’re back! What’s happening, girl? I missed you for those last couple of history classes. Nala’s shit at gossip and likes to pretend to be a goodie-goodie because she’s crushing on the teaching-assistant,” said a brassy exuberant voice.

“Oh, hey! Hi, Eva,” said Brenna “Brandy” Cane. Who’d been walking half in a daze, as she found herself distracted by a whole bunch of senses she hadn’t had before.

Eva Rutledge was a loud girl. A brash and noisy, constantly improper and inappropriate, half-ogre, with a certain charm, vitality, and bodacious aura that it made hard to ignore her, despite however much she and Brandy’s personality should have been mismatched on paper. The 19-year-old was 7-foot-1 which was pretty petite for an ogre. Her build was muscular and curvy.

Her skin was a bronze-green. She had a lean face with a square jaw, a straight nose, pointed ears, defined cheekbones and puffy lips. Her mouth was framed by a pair of cute little tusks that she had to file constantly to keep them from getting a little too long.  Her dark green eyes were narrow, and she had bushy eyebrows. Her black hair was shoulder length and straight, and was generally worn in pigtails.

“So, where were you? I was a bit worried. I tried to call but you didn’t pick up,” said Eva. Walking alongside Brandy. Unconsciously, shortening her stride to match up with the much shorter woman beside her.

“Huh?...Well,...” Brandy didn’t know what to say. There were too many secrets involved with answering that question.

Brandy’s mind went to the events of a few days ago. She recalled eating dinner with her hosts and employers, the Holsts. Josephine was effervescent and bright like usual, chatting up a storm and carrying the conversation for all three of them. Ellis with the swirling, yellow, eyes, simply sat back. Occasionally saying a word or two. Brandy found it hard to meet his gaze. It wasn’t just the ominous pressure from his eyes that made it difficult.

When Ellis wasn’t expecting customers and was just relaxing at home, he didn’t wear that strange veil of “averageness” that he wore when he was working. Thus his downplayed looks came out in full force, like the sunlight during the brightest part of day. It was nigh on blinding, and it made it feel like Brandy’s mind was on the verge of melting down. She was pretty sure she was getting used to it, but for the time being simply being around Ellis made Brandy feel incredibly awkward.

Somehow the topic of powers and abilities came up. Maybe it was because for some strange reason, Josephine had developed an ability to spew out bees. Living bees. Apparently, it was something she’d developed after consuming a certain set of monsters in a world that she and Ellis had been exploring. She was pleased with the ability even though she doubted she’d ever use it, because it matched with Ellis’ own ability to create, and transform into, various kinds of swarms, packs, and flocks of things.

Brandy couldn’t help sighing in admiration. Wishing she had her own powers, which drew an odd look from Ellis and Josephine.

“What do you mean?” said Ellis.

“You positively stink with untapped potential. Enough to make me want to bite you sometimes,” said Josephine. Her chipper earnest tone made Brandy just a little bit afraid. Some part of Brandy saw the sharp teeth that flashed with Josephine’s smile, and quickly recognized that it wouldn’t be a small bite if Brandy was bitten.

“I...I do? Father always said I was basically useless outside of catching a useful marriage,” said Brandy. Shocked. Wondering if her two employers were just sparing her feelings, but objectively aware this was probably just her poor self-esteem talking, and that there was probably something to what they were saying, because they needn’t have gone that far just to spare her feelings.

“Er, yeah...Oh, how about we help you awaken those powers?” said Ellis.

“Oh, that sounds super fun! Let’s do that. What do you say, Brandy?!” said Josephine. Immediately on board.

A startled Brandy found herself filled with the twin forces of fear and anticipation. Life had taught her that these kinds of good things don’t just come for no reason, but at the same time, she couldn’t make herself say no. Not when she could finally awaken powers like she’d dreamed of doing since she was a child. In the end, Brandy decided to be cautious and practical. Simply asking,

“Erm...What would this cost me?”

“Uh,...Nothing? The rules that low-key bind my actions when I’m operating between the dimensions don’t really apply when I’m doing stuff for myself and my people...You work for me, and therefore count as someone who’s one of mine...So I can help you free of charge with no additional costs, strings, and karmic burdens...or at least, very few, that aren’t already encompassed by virtue of our existing relationship,” said Ellis.

Brandy blinked. Unsure what to say to that, partially because she hadn’t fully understood all that had been said, and partially because everything she’d been taught told her that good things hardly come to people like her, and when they did, they never came without a heavy price. Yet, all the same, she found herself saying.

“Um...Okay, then…” Keeping it in her heart, that if her boss was being truthful, she would do all she could to try and pay this favor back.

A little later after dinner, Ellis, Josephine, and Brandy, headed down to the workshop in the store and home’s basement. Ellis brought her to a room that was part-laboratory, and part-training hall. Then after putting her in a strange machine that made her extremely dizzy, and injecting a certain solution in her arm, Brandy was suddenly a psychic. Suddenly in possession of potent psionic abilities, like something out of her wildest dreams.

 

6