Prologue
248 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The school bell that signals the lunch break rang; our sensei gave us a few assignments before he finally left the classroom.

 

My classmates were standing up from their desks going to the cafeteria while the remaining students in the classroom pull the chairs for their groups to eat with.

 

I always wait for a few minutes before buying my lunch, it’s always been like this because it’s a hassle to wrestle my way into the crowd just to buy bread.

 

The first time I had gotten involved in the bustle at our school cafeteria, my chest had a bruise after leaving because of the people around me elbowing me while they try to push their way into the front of the shop.

 

Since then, I was now always waiting a few minutes before going to the cafeteria, because of that horrible experience I was a bit scared of crowds.

 

While recollecting that incident someone tapped on my shoulder.

 

Glancing over my shoulder to see who it was.

A girl with dyed red hair with makeup was standing behind me smiling, she was one of the popular girls in our class.

After asking her what she wanted, she told me she wanted to borrow my notebook so she can copy my notes.

 

I rejected her request since I'm not particularly close with her, so her asking me to ‘borrow’ my notebook would be suspicious for me.

But she was still being persistent even after telling her ‘No’ a bunch of times, so I decided to ignore her.

 after she was done yelling, telling me that I’m being ‘selfish’ she finally went back to her group that was watching our conversation earlier with a grin on their faces

 

The other random students eating together were also staring at me, making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

 

Getting hungry, I head to the library after buying the usual bread I eat.

Entering the library, I pulled one of the novels that caught my interest before putting down on my table.

In the Librarian's counter I am currently asking a permit to borrow this book and be able to read it at my house.

 

After entering my classroom, the atmosphere here seemed a bit heavy for some reason, looking around I saw that some of my classmates were looking at me with a squinted glare.

Tilting my head in confusion, I decided to not mind it and went back to my seat.

While passing by some of my classmates I heard them talking to each other.

 

“isn’t that the guy Nanase-san described?”

 

“Yeah, he looks a lot like the guy she told us…”

 

I'm now in an even more dumbfounded state, while wondering what they were talking about.

 

After a few days later, a rumor about me being an ‘arrogant and selfish bastard who made Nanase cry’ started circulating in the school.

I didn’t have any friends who can listen to me and telling the teachers was useless, so I just waited for it to die down.

My seat had nasty words written down with trash on it every time I'm going to my class.

Me being an outcast was already rough, but now I'm even loathed by my classmates.

It's like adding salt to a wound...

I am quite new to this so any criticism will be taken to heart and I will try to improve, Thank you.

4