A pretty random battle with a typical result.
365 13 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Sonic booms, fireballs, flashes, smokescreens, roaring, blustering. All in all, an incredible scene to watch. Assuming, of course, that you were watching it on screen. If you were, say , watching this for real, it would mean one of  two things. A, that you were thinking "Ruuuuun", and you would quite rightly belong to the 97.2345% of the population. Or B, you were thinking "I've seen better", and falling in the remaining percentile.

Anyway, no one was watching this particular battle except the participants. The first a emerald green dragon, about 100 feet long with a wingspan about double that, was darting in the sky at about mach 8-12 looking like a green blur, shooting fireballs, belching smoke, and roaring. He went high then low, ducked into a canyon so narrow he had to temporally fold his wings, flew atop a 50,000 foot mountain barely missing the peak, and then flew low again. Amazingly, this awesome killing machine, was running from a bird a 10th his size, with no powers to recommend it except it's flying abilities.

Okay, actually it was running from its rider. Riding on the nagdi hawk, was a average looking man in a black cloak, holding a contraption that looked similar to a megaphone, and had the effect of allowing the man to shout even above a sonic boom at mach 30 and could  even increase the  speed of the sound accordingly. Now if your average joe used this voiceblaster this was not such a big deal, at most you would get a punctured eardrum, but nothing compared to being barbequed by the dragon in retaliation,  nothing for a dragon to worry about.

The problem was that the midget, was using the Voxsenius technique at the same time. This respected soul technique, had the effect of making the victim believe from the bottom of there heart anything, no matter how ridiculous, that was being said at that time. 

The midget was blasting out, "become my beast or die stupid dragon". 

Now the dragon was forced to realize it's one weakness, its soul. Try as he might, he had no way to stop himself from being affected.

Wretched cowardly human, using such a underhanded technique, how dare he force me, Karios the great to flee. 

Belching a large quantity of smoke to hide his position, he turned to flee.

"Stupid dragon" shouted the human, "you might be able to hide your position, but there's no way to hide your soul from your master!"

Hmph, that's true, but mountains don't have souls! I'd like to see you try figure out where the ground is in the middle of a smoke cloud! Eventually, you'll smash into a cliffside! 

"Hmph, you want me to crash?" said the human, "all I have to do is follow your path. I have techniques to let me know my position,  a boosted short term memory and superior reflexes!  Resistance is futile, submit to your master!" 

The dragon estimated, that if the fight (he refused to think of it as flight) continued, even if he tried to pull off as many evasive maneuvers as possible, make noise to lessen the amount that he heard, and keep fighting against the mental compulsions, it would only take 15 minutes before he was completely brainwashed by that disgusting human.

"Never", he roared, "I will never let anyone enslave me, Karios the great."

The human was elated, the dragon was clearly weakening,  he even let me gain on him.

As the human closed the gap, The dragon roared, "I will die before being some kind of pet, AND YOU SHALL DIE WITH ME"!! With that, the dragon flared his flamegon, putting all of his magic power into one last blast of fire.

The nagdi hawk sensed the danger, and tried to warn his master, but it was too late. The dragon exploded in a ball of flame, taking his pursuers with him, as night for a second turned into a crimson day. 

16