The Yuri Route
1.5k 5 57
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the daughter of one of the oldest existing noble lines in our kingdom, I had spent most of my life learning about manners and tradition in our country. I could easily tell you which utensil is for what purpose. How to greet the royal family in a formal setting, an informal setting, or even under a chance encounter. This meant, when the time came for my father to search for a husband-to-be, he immediately received one from the royal family.

Perhaps most girls of such an age would’ve been quite thrilled, however I was not, and furthermore this was for two reasons. First off, was that upon meeting the prince, he was particularly rude, yet clingy. This personality was much like a dog I had once seen.

The second reason was particularly off, and perhaps would’ve seen my etiquette lessons to extend beyond the typical pleasantries. I could, though if foggy detail, recall my previous life. This was how I knew the type of world I was in.

An otome game. A dating sim.

And, perhaps karma or particularly bad luck, but I was the villainess in the scenario. However, I could only bless my luck. I knew the prince would never truly take to me, but also it was the perfect chance.

And so, when time came for my Condemnation Event, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.

“Fleur Helena Versalune!” the crown prince yapped out, amidst a large group of our fellow children of nobility. Oh dear. He’s going to get quite a lecture from the Queen after this. After all, the school and Founding Day Celebration were both her idea. Perhaps, I was feeling a touch sadistic all things considered.

I kept my face calm, the smallest degree of smile allowed to grace my lips. “Why yes, your highness?”

The poor girl next to him looked utterly confused, like a lost little lamb. And that, dare I say, was the exact change I wanted in this scenario.

“I have multiple witnesses, Versalune,” he barked out, his eyes wide with some odd form of anger. Ah the chihuahua prince, source of my trouble, I truly cannot take your anger seriously in any fashion. “Each of them claims to have seen you harassing Anna!”

“Oh my,” I feigned a small gasp, “Truly, I haven’t the foggiest whatever you could mean.”

The prince clenched his teeth. I do believe I can hear him growling. “Don’t play innocent with me, Versalune! They claim to have seen you placing needles in her bag!”

“Might you mean the bag I had to repair after it got torn?” By you, no less after you requested her presence for a horse ride. And then, somehow, had forgotten how to ride a horse?

“I said do not lie!” No, you did not, chihuahua prince. “There’s also when you took her notes!”

“Ah, yes. She was quite generous to loan them to me after a leave,” I resisted the urge to laugh, I could still see a piece of spinach from lunch, which was much earlier in the day, in his teeth.

“Versalune! Watch your tongue!”

“I’m quite afraid I lack the physical capability to do so,” I responded placidly.

It would seem, based on that vibrant red shade his face had to become, that he could speak no further, and so the son of our dear royal knights stepped forward. “The prince would also like to mention when you lost all decorum at tea on Thursday.”

“I’m ashamed to admit I was quite shocked when I heard that Lady Anna’s dress would not arrive in time for this ball,” I lamented, the poor girl had seemed to be on verge of panic.

This time, both the prince and his dear follower, looked more shocked than I had been at tea. “I’m quite glad we found such a talented tailor of short notice. Do give the Queen my thanks, I’ll have to prepare a gift.”

The prince finally snapped, “Do not mock me, Versalune. I refuse to be married to such a woman, when I speak to my father, our engagement shall be annulled.” That shade of red and the clenched jaw made him look like he was really quite constipated.

“Oh dear, whatever shall I do,” I gasped with the most lukewarm tone I could reach.

I nearly heard a tooth snap as he turned towards Anna, “Miss Anna,” he took a deep breath, “Shall we leave?”

Anna, with her short brown hair like that a furry animal, looked between myself and the prince with questioning eyes. How terribly terribly cute. I suppose I ought to step in.

“Your highness, I believe Lady Anna has a prior engagement, “ I said as I walked forward and proffered her my hand as only men were to do at such an event, “May I have this dance, Lady Anna?”

She blinked and looked up at the prince as she bit down on her lip. “I… um… yes,” she practically whispered as she laid her soft fingers atop my hand.

My smile widened, both in glee at getting one over on the chihuahua prince in such a fashion, and also in joy. “I’m grateful you’d allow me to dance with such a pretty woman, Lady Anna.” I intertwined my fingers with hers as the prince stood there, in frozen silence.

Anna looked back up towards the prince and I squeezed her hand. When her eyes turned back to me, I spoke only silent words with my lips.

Look only at me.

She nibbled at her lip as I led her away, gesturing with my hands towards the orchestra towards the edge of the room, and as the music returned, I pulled her in closer. A soft lilt of piano and violin met my ears as I started to dance. Anna looked up at me and took a shaky step behind me into the dance.

I felt myself relax as, for the first time in this life, a true smile forced its way onto my face. Never had I found myself aiming for any of the male leads, for while they were capture targets…

This nervous girl in front of me, the one who was oh so quiet, clumsy, and kind to anyone she’d met… The heroine, Anna, she was the only target I truly wanted to capture in this life.

57