Chapter 3 : Arc of Embodiment
74 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" Lost magic? How could one of his innate magic be Lost Nagic.? " Ardent asked too shocked to keep his voice low.

Daven once again began whimpering showing that their shouts was affecting his sleep. 

" Quiet down now, husband." Claire said softly but her eyes showed that if he didn't obey her she would be anything but soft.

 

 " Master Makarov are you joking? You know how difficult it is to learn any one of the lost magic and how long it takes to master one? 

And how many lost their magic and even their life in the pursuit of lost magic. They are dangerous and very strong that's why they aren't touched by most people.

I hope you have a valid reason for this. Otherwise I think you will have to extend your vacation for a little longer."  Claire said but the glare of her eyes promised pain if he didn't forget anything to calm her anger.

Makarov saw her eyes and tried to if ore her words and said," indeed, it is dangerous to learn the lost magics but if one is taught by a skilled teacher isn't it good for him? I will help him in the lost magic, arc of Embodiment while you two can help him in light and shadow magic respectively. 

I am sure you two wanted to pass on your skills to your son too, isn't it?" Makarov tried to trick the two into accepting his plan.

" But won't it be too much? He would have to focus on three magics and all three of them are difficult especially the lost magic. I heard that one could barely master one lost magic and couldn't focus on other magic in his lifetime." Ardent asked.

" Indeed it would be difficult but if he succeeds then he would be at least S rank mage in the future. Wouldn't it be something worth looking forward to. And we will follow that plan only of he wishes to be a mage. If he doesn't want to then we will not force him. " Makarov tried to appease the two husband and wife.

" But how will you teach him that lost magic? What was it arc of enlightenment?" Ardent asked.

" It is arc of Embodiment ,not enlightenment. The second Master, Master Precht has done a lot of research in the lost magics and other things regarding ancient times and times of dragons for some reason. 

So he had collected many old magics. I remember that among these ancient notes and books was the book about the Arc of Embodiment." Makarov explained where he learned about that magic.

When one doubt was cleared, Ardent had another thought regarding the future of his son and he expressed his doubt to the Master of fairy tail," This arc of enlightenment, no not enlightenment, umm.… Arc of… Em…Embodiment. Yes. Arc of Embodiment. How powerful is it? Is it strong enough to protect Daven in the future?" 

" Of course it is powerful. In fact it is too powerful. If not for the fact that I knew both of you and know that you will raise your son well, I wouldn't agree to teach your son that magic. " And then he started to explain that magic.

" Arc of Embodiment is a Caster-Type Lost Magic utilizing imagination. Arc of Embodiment is a form of Lost Magic that allows the caster to materialize, and subsequently use to their every whim, anything they can imagine. 

Any of their creations give them great versatility both in and out of combat. They can range anywhere from everyday objects and weapons to more complex creations, even living ones, or even simple images of whatever may be on the user's mind.

 These creations are also given special properties that goes accordingly to what they are. It has been stated that there are several limits and conditions to this Magic, one of which is that the Magic cannot conjure living creatures, as shown when a mage displayed the ability to possess any object conjured by this magic.

 Despite this, Arc of Embodiment has been considered an invincible Magic by its caster, who additionally claims that nothing can beat the Magi." Makarov explained. 

" Isn't it a bit too powerful. To think you could create anything is against the law of nature itself. " Gildarts said.

" Yes it can create even living things but that doesn't mean it has a soul. Presence of soul is the essence of living beings. The creations are under the caster's control. " 

" If it is as powerful as you mentioned then why haven't we heard of this magic?" Claire asked Makarov.

" It's power is related to the amount of magic or etherano particles they possess, isn't it, Makarov.?" Porlyusica by the side asked.

" Yes,  to truly master this magic, the wielder must have big magic reserve or else he or she would be limited to creating small weapons only through this magic." Makarov answered.

" But won't that be bad for Daven?" Ardent asked.

" if he is raised well and has a strong body then his magic reserve will increase over time. Even if we don't actively train him his magic reserves will be similar to a newly promoted B rank mage in his prime. 

And this level is enough for him to create at least ten weapons of different kinds until his reserves run dry. So do you think he will have a problem. " Makarov said while looking at the still hesistant mage parents. 

So he decided to tell them a Legend regarding this magic as for the authenticity of this legend depends on effort of Daven in the future.

" There is a very powerful legend behind the lost magic, Arc of Embodiment. 

It has been the age of Dragons.  At that time,  A true master of Arc of Embodiment took on dozens of dragons and managed to protect a village from dragon attack. 

It was said that the battle was so grand that a new river was created in the aftermath which linked to the sea. And do you know how big that river is?" Makarov asked.

" The river that originates from the Oak town to the sea near the Rose Garden was said to be created in that fight. This is just a legend and I don't know whether it is true or not. 

But I think you remember that some Legends do have some truth to themselves. So if he worked hard enough he may be able to achieve that level too. " Makarov said and all the adults looked at the sleeping Daven. 

" But that matter is too far now. " Ardent said .

" But the words about this magic cannot be revealed. It could serve as trump card for Daven later and may protect his life someday. " Makarov warned and everyone agreed for this request.

" You all youngster stay together. I am tired so I will be heading back to rest. If you need me, you could call me back." Makarov said while returning to his room in the house. 

Porlyusica followed Makarov and left the room  without even saying goodbye. But none was bothered as they were accustomed to her behaviour.

In the Makarov room, porlyusica arrived and looked at Makarov accusingly. 

Why did she look at Makarov like that? 

0