Chapter 3
104 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"There you go."

"Thank you! Thank you very much, sir! Here, please take this. This is all the money I currently have."

"No. No. I did not do this for money, you know?"

"I know, but this is the least thing we can do for you after you cure my son of cancer."

"I-I… Very well. Thank you."

The father bowed to me one last time before carrying his son away from me.

"Oh! Don't forget to feed him a lot of food!"

The father nodded his head before getting inside the car.

"Bolt, is that all of the people?"

"Yup."

I look at the man wearing a black tight costume with a red lightning symbol on his side. This man is the villain called Bolt or Adrian Karou when he is not in costume. Since the day he declared me as his boss, he has been nothing but a useful person.

After being rejected again, I decided to search for a job another way, and Adrian told me to become a rogue. He then explained how to make a legal account to store my money from a group called the Banker.

They are a rogue group that handles all the money in the underworld. They are the biggest money launderer in the world. However, only a few people have contact with that group, and for some reason, Adrian has contact with that group even though he is a low-level villain.

With this group's help, I have a legal account to store my money from healing all the people in the past week. I didn't do it for money, but the people decided to give me some, and I accepted them because I did not have any work. I still need to eat after all.

I accept how much money my patient gives to me. They only give me one dollar? I accept it gladly. My patient gave me one thousand dollars? I gladly accept it.

"Do I really need to wear a mask? I did not have any costume."

"Of course. A mask is a must for all metahumans. It was to really separate our daily life and work."

"Fair enough. Should we grab some food?"

"Sure. I know some 24/7 food stalls nearby. I heard it served good food and sold some drinks."

"Sure. I like to drink some beer right now."

I'm no saint. I will not donate all the money I get from my patient. If I'm a saint, I will register myself at the local MRT.

I like my freedom, and because of that, I agree to become a rogue. Not only that, from my memory of this world. The MRT is more of a PR rather than what a hero should do. Heroes help anyone in need but sadly, for the MRT, they only help when they can increase their PR.

If I join them, I will only heal the people that come to them. I cannot heal the poor or even a rogue. While I have yet to heal any rogue or villain, I will do it as long as they do not attack me or cross the line I create.

"So! Where is this food stall you are talking about?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

|3rd POV|

New Port city is a unique city. Most of part of the city is owned by a gang. Jade Dragon Gang (JDG) is a gang consisting of Asian members owning the easter side of the city where the dock is located. Mead Hall, a gang consisting of the Aryan race or at least white people that follow Hitler's philosophy, owns the northern side of the city and a little bit of the dock. The Baba Yaga is a gang consisting of Russian mobs, and they own the western side of the city. Lastly, Grey Cross is a gang that consists of a hobo, an addict, and a beggar. They own the southern part of the city, and it is where Jojo lived.

The saddest part of the city is that the MRT only has a tiny little bit of territory. They only protect the center of the city where the rich reside. They also patrol around that part of the city.

There are several reasons why the MRT did not patrol outside of their territory. Number one: They want to maintain the status quo. If they attack one of the gangs, the other gang will try their hardest to take whatever territory they can while the MRT takes the attention of the said gang. If this happens, there will be a high chance of a gang war, and many people will be killed.

Number two: the MRT did not have enough personnel to attack one of the gangs. They only have five adult metahumans on their side and three underage metahumans. MRT has three types of heroes on its side. An official hero is someone who has already reached eighteen years old and finished their training. An Apprentice hero is someone who has not yet reached adulthood and usually only does a less dangerous patrol and fights. Lastly, Support Hero. This hero is a group of people that will support the other two. This group usually consisted of Tinker and Thinker metahumans who did not have the capabilities to defend themselves. The MRT in this city only has three Official Heroes and two Thinker Support Heroes. Because of this reason, the MRT director of this city decide did not want to let his hero get injured and broke his PR.

Number three: Some of the gangs have a high-ranking official inside their pocket, be it from blackmail, threat, or bribery. If the supervillain gets caught and imprisoned, they will either be busted out with the help of their ally, or there is an 'accident' in the middle of the road that makes the supervillain free once again. The MRT has already given up catching the villain and only does so if the villain decides to attack their territory.

Many aspiring heroes decide to do their own justice and attack the gang territory, and their fate is not pretty. Their metahuman member kills the last known rogue that attacked the JDG, but before they killed her, she gets r*ped by thirty people, and her corpse is mounted on a spike with both her costume and mask separated from her body.

It was a gory sight.

Because of this, many aspiring heroes hesitate to do it and decide either to go low and never use their power or go to another city or country altogether. What makes matters worse, the current director of the MRT has a different view of Metahuman. He thinks that any metahuman who did not register to the MRT will be branded as a villain.

And that kind of view is what the gang want. Every metahuman merges, the gang wants them to join their ranks, which they currently do. Be it recruiting them through kindness or brainwashing via drugs.

Running along the street of New Port city, a young woman around her twenties clutching on her bleeding head. Following behind her is a group of men wearing ragged clothing and looking like druggies.

The young woman is called Daisy Woods. She is a newly awakened tinker, and the people chasing after her are the gang members of Grey Cross. The man leading the group is one of the eight metahumans the Grey Cross have called Grey Rat.

He is a metahuman with a power classification of Shaker 4, Brute 2, and Blaster 4. He has the power of Geokinesis. He can control the earth around him with ease. He can throw rocks, cover his body with thick rocks and create a hole in his area of power.

The heaviest rock Grey Rat ever threw is a three tons rock toward the MRT when the MRT bust out one of his meth labs.

Right now, Grey Cross and his squad's mission is to capture Daisy and then make her addicted to the drugs the Grey Cross made and force her to work with the Grey Cross.

"Get that little cunt! I will make her my slave! I will break her! I will make her my cock slave! Get her, or I will kill you all!"

A stream of tears came out of Daisy's eyes when she heard what Grey Rat was saying. She only wanted to live in peace and did not want to get involved in any Metahuman business. Daisy begins to regret her decision to buy that many electronic parts. She should have held down her urge to do some tinkering.

Daisy takes a left turn and suddenly crashes into someone. It was two young men around their twenty-five. They are Adrian and Jojo.

"Woah there. Are you okay?"

"Help! H-Help me! Help me, please…."

Jojo looks at Daisy with a concerned eye before looking at the incoming people holding guns in their hands.

"Adrian?"

"They are from the Grey Cross gang. A gang that kidnaps people and forces them to get addicted to their drugs."

"I see."

Jojo takes out his mask from his pocket before putting it on. Adrian followed suit and put on his mask. Jojo let Daisy sit down next to the road and says,

"Don't worry. I will help you. Just sit here and let us take care of these people, okay?"

Daisy looked at the young man and could only nod her head. She did not know why, but she trusted the man before her to save her from her chaser.

Adrian and Jojo walk toward Grey Rat and his crew before stopping not too far away from them.

"Who the fuck are you?!? Fuck off! or I will kill you!"

"Ah, no can do. I already gave my word to that young lady after all."

"Then die, motherfucker!"

Before Grey Rat could use his power, Jojo already appeared in front of him and punched him to the air. The fight is on.

3