Chapter 1
310 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Laying down in a prone position, I feel the cold invading my entire body, I didn’t mind it nor the small pebbles underneath me. The night was dead and the moonless sky was filled with clouds, no light served before me. However,

「 Activating natural eyes」 

Without using any N.V.D I was able to see in the dark. Everything lightened up as if it became day, I looked at the scope in order to find my next target. A hideous figure was looking around in the intersection of the deserted town, it has a similar size of standing polar bear and has numerous enormous size hands with sharp claws.

On the scope, there was a sky blue symbol ><. I  slightly changed my rifle’s position and it turned into dark blue. It is a lethal hit, but it has a chance to live. I changed it again and this time it turned red. It was a clear sign that the target will be terminated upon pulling the trigger.

So I immediately pulled it without hesitation.

*BANG!*

「 +10 Terminated points have been added to your account 」

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

 

The warm breeze touches my face, I instinctively open my eyes as if I’m waking up early in the morning. The whispers that were carried from the air invades my ear. Everything in my vision was a green wasteland, buildings covered in moss, and were greatly destroyed as if an earthquake with a magnitude of 13.3 had happened.

Where am I? 

Is what I could think first. I don’t remember going nor even know that there was a place like this.  I should be in my room resting from the first-century celebration of Border War, where the game took place on a deserted island and around 6000 people had joined. We, the blue team won that game and it lasted for 2 weeks.

I was standing atop a slightly tilted building while basking under the clear sky, I look at my appearance and see that I was wearing a reddish jacket atop my white long sleeves. Thinking it’s hard to move around with this cloth, but when I tried so it wasn’t so bad, no, it’s much better than I expected.

I wore reddish leather pants and was similar to the ones I used in airsoft games. It has pockets for knife and emergency ammunition, looking at it closely there was a belt around my thighs and it has Beretta M9A3

There were no abnormalities in my body. I tried pinching myself, it wasn’t a dream. Where am I? I ponder while looking around. Then all of a sudden, a colored gray hologram window appeared before me while a monotone voice reverberated inside my mind.

「 Welcome new player to the Genesis World!」

It took me by surprise, however, I maintained my calmness. Taking a second or two, I touch the floating window with caution. When I did so, the window disappeared and only released more of them without disturbing the wind.

It was similar to the games I played in MMO or FPS, there was the main status bar on the left corner of my sight, which had my name, my current level, health points, and mana pool. On my right corner, there was a map with multiple red dots and a green dot, which was me.

 

Name: Ansel

Level: 1              |              Rank: 1       

Class: Supporter Lv.1            Job: Marksman Lv1
Subclass: Card Summoner Lv. 1

 Subjob: Gunner Lv.2

Title: Liar among liars, Sinister Hidden under a mask

HP: 2,000

MP:  3,500

 

The word “Game” immediately pops up in my head. Looking at the lower right corner, there was a window for my weapons and including my current ammo. It seems that I only have my pistol carried with me.

Main weapon: Beretta M9A3 [30/200]

Disposable items: Grenade Frag (3)
                                  : Daggers (4)
Main weapon: Card summoning [0]
Condition: N/A
 

I don’t understand what the “card Summoning” meant, but perhaps a weapon from the main class? Wait, why am I getting swayed by this? Perhaps my gaming senses when I was at my youth are getting stimulated. In the first place, why am I here? Surely, I am not in a VR or some sort. It is also impossible to be in a dream because you could feel the realism.

And now that I noticed it, my Gunner level is 2, why is that? Perhaps is this a base bonus? And seriously, just what in the world is that title? I feel being mentally attacked by it, it's half true and half false. To think that the game system would base something from the behavior of a player.

Other than that, there is nothing weird in my status, but I truly wish that title would be gone, or else, just be hidden from other players. I don’t want them to suddenly judge me because of it.

I stared at my status. A few seconds passed, the window suddenly grew bigger as it brought new information.

STRENGTH: 20.01

AGILITY: 40.05

VITALITY: 30.05

INTELLIGENCE: 45.09

MAGIC POWER: 45.00

LUCK & CHARISMA: 29.90

Is this even a perfectly balanced game? Looking at it carefully, compared to my health that has exceeded a thousand points, while the base status is low. I expected it to be something so similar to it

Also beside the status, my body appearance was there. I have dark blue hair and eyes, and an appearance of anyone would have. Additionally, there are numerous small circles surrounding my appearance, which I assume it’s a slot for equipment.

There is no logical reasoning for what is currently happening, and all of a sudden, another window appeared before me.

Would you like to have a tutorial? There is a reward at the very end of the tutorial.
>YES< or >NO<

As soon as it appeared, I noticed the red dots on the map suddenly made their way to me as if it was aggroed or noticed I was here. Without even hesitating, I agreed to the window.

“Yes! Do so!”

This is the only way to be alive is what my instinct tells me. In my youth, I played many games that you only get to play once and if you die, everything resets. Even if there’s no explanation for what is happening to me, but right now, I should at least live.

The window before me melted and replaced another window, however this time it’s a bright red and it also blinks. 

?? Note??
Survive the goblin horde until the very end!
You will receive a reward and status bonus depending on how you play.

I was dumbfounded to what it meant, wasn’t it supposed to help me? What should I do? This window properly tells me that this is a sudden event, where the players don’t be warned beforehand and have to defeat it with minimum equipment. If the player has defeated the event, they are given a unique reward.

However, it should not be applied to the new players. There is no way that new players could survive this sudden event, looking at my extended status. I hope that this status is average for other players. If not, then I would wind up dead.

Suddenly, I heard something groaning by the door, which was behind me. When I turned around the door burst out open and the figure of countless green-skinned humans appeared, there was no doubt that they’re goblins at first sight. They all have fragile-looking bodies, bodies that equip tattered leather armor, and some metal part armor.

As well as their weapons are worn-out, some were bent and almost be classified as scrap metals. I prepared my pistol and aimed at them with haste, there was no weight whatsoever. Which made me think it was a plastic pistol. However, I’m certain it is a real Beretta M9A3 without a doubt. Inviting the cold from my hands that touch the metal handle, it’s really uncomfortable without a glove.

A goblin that stands after them, I presume it was their leader because it has better equipment and weapons than others. The goblin leader looks at me with dissatisfaction and points me with their weapons as if it's a declaration for war. 

After staring at him for a few seconds, a status window appeared at my left vision and had a white line that targets an individual - it was their leader. Without reading nor taking a glance at it, I somehow know the contents of it.

Name: Shakur                 Race: Goblin Lv.1

Level 27                     |                    Rank: 1

Class: Chief (Lv5)

Sub Class: Warrior (Lv4)           

Title: Rapist

HP: 1,000

MP: 300

STRENGTH: 11.10 

AGILITY: 7.04

INTELLIGENCE: 4.50

VITALITY: 10.09

MAGIC: 3.40

 

There were no problems with his status compared to mine. Why am I surpassing his status even though I’m level 1? Is it perhaps of the racial class? Wait, why don’t I have a race? And why this goblin doesn’t have a job. There are no specific reasons why, but I’m certainly not complaining. The status has made me relieved and not worry about getting single-handedly beat up.

In any case, the goblin so-named “Shakur” jumped towards me with his cub embedded with nails. I instinctively made a sidestep to my right and as I aimed at his head, I pulled the trigger without hesitation.

「+10 Terminated points has been added to your account 」

7