Chapter 19
99 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"It is hard to believe that such a city would be considered revered in an entire empire like this one. Back in my early days such cities could be purchased outright for a simple uncommon treasure!" The city itself looked to be equivalent to the biggest and most prosperous city of Timothy's original world. The streets were filled with people and not a single person was dressed in rags, while even the smallest business had a small building rather than a carriage or street style shop. Timothy simply ignored the artifact and continued to take all of this in because there was no telling how long he would be living in the academy located within the city and he had to get used to this sight!

Back in his world, Timothy had seen humans living very poor lives and even many who were part of the military would wear rags or very low quality clothing. The reason for this was due to being in a constant war for survival at the very basic level. If there was no big war that took charge of every single area within his home world, there is no telling if his great grandchildren would be able to enjoy a similar feeling.

Thinking about all of this made the veins in Timothy's hands pop out but luckily the noise was too loud in the area for even the expert who was next to him as an escort to not notice. Almost physically pulling Timothy forward, the expert quickly stepped to the side with him and the other five guards while another group arrived from the teleportation array. Timothy's group remained near the teleportation array because they were waiting for one of the teachers from the school to take Timothy and get him settled in.

"You may not have realized it yet, but the average rank of the experts around here seems to be around rank three. I am sure you now understand even more the fact that you made a wise decision because that would be enough for you to reach within your training to exact revenge on the Iron Will Sect by yourself. Be patient and genuinely make friends with those you could trust because there is no reason you have to handle an entire sect by yourself one day in the future!"

Hearing the artifact's words caused Timothy to calm down quite a bit because his anger and vengeful thoughts towards the Iron Will Sect sprouted up. With his experience from his past life, Timothy was able to keep it all locked up in his heart so that no one present would notice, but the artifact and its experience knew better. And so as the group was eating and chatting among themselves, Timothy began sending mental thoughts to the artifact to discuss their overall plan once they arrived at the academy.

"Master, did you know that the Iron Will Sect was considered a commoner family even though they were an organization? After doing some research and eavesdropping on that group's conversation near us earlier, I found out that not all commoner families are considered to be weak and poor. That rank seven warrior over there is considered a commoner just because he is not part of a second rate power in the area or has a nobility title assigned to him. Does this mean that I have to shift my focus in order to simply lose the title of commoner?"

"Oh silly disciple of mine, do you know how many worlds I have traveled through over these years? The one similarity between them is that society usually operates in a strength that decides the winner mentality. Take that rank seven warrior as an example, do you really think that he would not receive countless gifts and riches if he were to choose to join an organization that valued him enough?"

"He could have not a single valuable item on him and have not a single piece of gold, but because of the level of his strength, he could turn that all around almost immediately if he chose to. Remember, with strength comes growth in both power and politics. I can tell that your one weakness is that you lack a proper foundation when it comes to politicking. Do not worry about it, because with me by your side, I will not allow you to suffer any losses even as a lesson to learn from because if you suffer too much, it will stunt my own growth and plans!"

After eating, the expert sent one of the five guards to the academy because it was starting to get late into the day and he wanted to collect his bonus from the Imperial Palace before heading to his own residence. Timothy was not worried because in the restaurant they were currently sitting in, there were three more similar groups to them whose objective was to get their own individual into the Grey Imperial Academy.

"Master, in the future I wish to build my own organization. It does not have to be heaven defying or have a massive population supporting it. I just feel that having something of my own can help ease my mind and I want to help those in need similar to my own family's situation, or rather what our situation was once like. You do not have to agree to it since I will not feel comfortable doing so half-heartedly, but I at least wanted to let you know some of my plans for the future."

The artifact could not help but to snicker as the guard arrived with what seemed to be one of the teachers of the Grey Imperial Academy. "I'll tell you what, if you receive a nobility title and marry a nice girl, I will coach you into building an organization so that you can have your mind at ease. Just do not forget that you will not always be able to save every single person that you come across. Your safety and survival means more than anything else, and if you are badly injured due to something like that, as long as you can survive, one day similar to the Iron Will Sect, you will be able to avenge yourself and whoever else was involved!"

"I understand, but that will always be part of my personality and I do not believe that time would change that. Right now as I look around, I have noticed how insignificant I truly am right now. We are still considered to be in the weakest area of the weakest human empire and I am completely outclassed by everyone except those three others who are about to start their studies at the academy. I will not let you down, but one day I will make sure that you realize that what drives me forward and the reason I will reach whatever heights are ahead of me, is because I care for those in need and will always protect them if I have the ability to!"

7