Chapter 21
96 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being dismissed by the teacher assistant was expected now that everyone present received everything that they needed and the residential area was not far and so they could as a group head over together. From what Timothy was reading on the way over to where his building would be, he could not help but see how many students were wearing white robes with golden streaks on them. Those robes were able to be worn by second and third year students of the academy while grey robes were awarded to those of the fourth year and above. Majority of those he saw were wearing just the white robes with the golden streaks but for every fifty students he passed, he was able to spot at least one individual who was wearing a grey robe.

Of course this was only concerning the students themselves. Teachers on the other hand all wore crimson red robes that were styled as they wished, and guests were wearing whatever they normally wore except it was clear that majority of those considered guests seemed to be wearing above average costing wardrobes. There were roughly five individuals the group had passed by where they were unable to feel what rank they were but the artifact claimed they were all of at least rank six as a warrior or mage!

Timothy was going to live in Building B in room thirty three and it was expected that he would have several roommates. He had no idea what his roommates would be like, but he hoped that they were as dedicated to training as he was or at least well enough connected to save him some time and energy socializing. Since he would be living in the room with these roommates for at least three years if they did not drop out before that time, it would mean that their friends would become his friends and their enemies would become his enemies.

He was not the type to find trouble, but this was the law of the world, and his enemies would become his roommate's enemies eventually as well. Timothy entered the building and was blown away by how well the building's common areas were well kept and fairly high maintenance. Usually to instill a sense of being more competitive, some organizations treated what would be considered the lowest members in a way that encourage faster growth. In this case however, the Grey Imperial Academy probably chose not to go that route since many nobles would be upset if their children were treated as such.

Walking down the hallway, he finally reached the door of the building that had a big thirty three placed on the wall next to it. Using his key, Timothy opened up the door and was very pleased by how the room looked. The room had all of the basic things one could expect, but it looked more like a small home that could fit up to five people. Sitting at the table were two youths who seemed to be in a deep conversation with one another.

"Hello, my name is Tim-" before he could introduce himself both students burst out laughing before standing up while having smiles on their faces as they approached him. "Timothy is my name, what are yours?"

"Sorry about that man, we were worried that one of our parent's competitors would possibly be roommates with us so we were both on edge. Luckily, this guy over here's background is much different from mine so we knew we did not have to worry about each other and from the looks of you, it seems like you aren't from a merchant family either so let's be friends and figure out how to make an endless amount of gold together!"

"You can call me Andrew, I am the oldest son of a local merchant group owner which means that I am the first in line to take over the family business once I am old enough or my old man croaks. Not that I am wishing death on him, he gives me a rather decent yearly allowance and if it makes sense for business, I am able to use the merchant group as a front to obtain other things like armor, pills, among anything else that could be flipped for a profit. Oh yeah, the merchant group is called Rising Tides, and we have relationships throughout the entire surrounding area but we are still considered a small force since we haven't hired too many top ranked experts."

"Before I forget, this is Ian and he is actually a member of a rather large military family. His parents sent him here because they realized he had a high elemental affinity for the wind element and their family is mainly filled with warriors. If he was not able to pursue the path of a mage he would have never attended this academy and would already be well on his way of reaching rank one as a warrior, but as you know, even the military considers mages to be a valuable resource and lacking in the ability to teach him properly, his best chance at growing was to attend here."

Since Ian was the first generation of his family to join the Grey Imperial Academy, it went to show just how many members were present in his family for them to be considered a military family. As mentioned, mages were considered rarer and in some cases much more effective than warriors were and so they were treated differently even in the military. However, this only meant that as warriors, Ian's family must have had at least a large handful of very capable experts since not every family who wholeheartedly served in the military for ten generations received a title and recognition.

Timothy could not help but to inwardly chuckle. In his past life he had met countless types of people through his years of traveling and being as famous as he was. Andrew seemed to be equivalent to the oldest son of a king but his personality showcased how open and honest he could be. As for Ian, it was clear to him that Ian was more of a quiet and composed child. He would most likely one day stick out greatly due to his strength rather than his mouth. Both of these children fit what Timothy felt would be good leaning people and so he introduced himself.

4