Chapter 25
83 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he expected, the new uniform of his made Timothy stick out even more and with the dress code how it was, he was able to wear the uniform with no sleeves which made his muscles stand out even more to everyone around him. This was the artifact's idea, but Timothy realized that using what made him stood out had its own underlying benefits and would ward off those who get jealous easily.

Still, for these years he has been a student, not a single person really gave him trouble. The reasoning behind this was because the upper classmen only competed with each other so that they could stand out if they had no solid background while the lower classmen wanted to do nothing but become upper classmen. Sure there were those who stood out like the noble he had to deal with, but overall it seemed that everyone present only cared about their futures.

Every class was dictated by the rank of said student's strength as a mage. Therefore, Timothy's class changed to a second year student even though a student who attended the school for five years technically could be in the same class learning the same material and receiving the same training. The reason for this came down to one's innate potential and how their own work they put into their training would turn out.

It was not unusual for individuals like Andrew who had a lower tier of skill compared to what would normally be accepted to appear as students and said individuals took up roughly thirty percent of the entire academy. The other sixty to seventy percent were mostly commoners who were commoners due to them not having any special bloodline or a special artifact or technique which was passed down to them through generations.

Timothy was also considered in the middle class of the second class because he was making quite the headway with pursuing the path as a dual expert which meant that he was not in the lower class where majority of those who got in who lacked any real legitimate talent would be. In the outside world, the second class of the Grey Imperial Academy meant something but not everyone took the difference in classes of the lower, middle, and higher sectors within the academy to mean much since anyone willing to recruit someone from the academy at such a low level of strength meant they mainly wanted them for something else.

"Master, what should I do with these three low rank body refinement pills that I received after moving up to the second class? If I take them, it might be enough to break into the second rank as a warrior and it seems like the only reason I received them as a gift from the academy is due to being noticed concerning having issues breaking through my current bottleneck."

"Timothy, keep them for now and when the time is right in the future you could use them. Your current bottleneck is not due to your lack of skill or potential, it is because you are overworking yourself due to this whole revenge plot you have with that measly old sect of yours. You can take three days off your warrior training and I am sure that will be enough time for you to rest and recuperate. I would even be willing to bet that you will be able to advance to a new rank immediately at the end of the third day!"

With his new class and proving his worth to the Imperial Family, Timothy was given some additional resources he could tap into to continue growing but not enough to completely change his current set of circumstances. Though, his name now appeared in the second year student's list which was sent out to every organization in the empire, it would still take time for him to see any benefits from that alone in a short period of time.

Since he was only thirteen and already a rank two mage, some third and second rate powers who were local, would not necessarily keep an eye on him even with his results and fast track in his training. But, said organizations would add him to a list that they would revisit once the year ended to reevaluate. It could not be helped since it was only rare for someone to not reach rank three as a warrior or a mage by the time they were twenty five if they were students in the academy. Since he had not yet reached even sixteen where a real genius standard would be a rank three mage or warrior, he was only valuable concerning his potential rather than his current self.

Regardless, this was a big step for Timothy and he was excited and the artifact told him once he reached this stage, that he would receive a gift from this master of his. After inquiring once his afternoon mage class was over, it was finally time for the artifact to deliver. "As part of your reward, I will imbed a movement technique that is a wonderful addition to you since you are a dual expert who specializes in the fire element. This technique is called Roaring Dragon, and compared to the other movement techniques that may be stronger I could give to you, this one is the best for you to use as a foundation for your overall combat abilities!"

"Once you memorize how the movements should look, you can begin focusing your training on perfecting it. Make sure to take it slow otherwise you may hurt yourself which will only stunt your growth. It is not about moving as fast as you can, it is about learning the movements so that in battle you can avoid attacks and escape properly if you feel outclassed. And remember, when you work on techniques as a warrior, your battle qi begins to surge even when it's a movement technique so you will not lose any time by focusing on that instead of your usual training!"

Over these two years, the artifact realized that Timothy had a rather good foundation when it came to using a sword but the artifact chose to make Timothy concentrate on his endurance so his body would not fail him in a battle instead of bestowing him with countless top tier swordsmanship techniques. All of this was so that he could grow properly step by step, and the artifact was playing the long game!

4