Chapter 28
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After half an hour flew by, a large square section in the middle of the building began to light up as inscription patterns covered it, showing just how much the Flying Sword Clan had spent on the small arena. A woman with a very curvy and toned body was in the middle of the arena alongside a middle aged looking man who seemed to be the person in charge of handling any mishaps that may occur during the sparring matches.

Everyone's eyes immediately turned towards the arena because they were all informed earlier that it would be the entertainment portion of the night. Many of the men present seemed to be blushing slightly due to the beautiful woman who had appeared to introduce the matches to everyone and she was wearing very tight clothing. Andrew made a snide remark about how she would probably allow suiters to seek her out after the matches but that it was possible not even the highest bidder present would be able to afford the price.

"Ladies and gentlemen I am pleased to announce that for the first match of this evening, we have not one, but two rank four warriors who will be showcasing their skills and techniques for all of you here!" From the looks of what Timothy was able to gather while spectating, was that the two warriors were obviously employees of the restaurant and so chances were that this was more of a showcase and not a true spar.

But as far as he knew from assuming, battle qi in this world was much different than the energy he had used during the war against the demons. Therefore, it was very possible that just by spectating a showcase such as this, Timothy would be able to understand how to properly coordinate using battle qi in a real battle setting. Not only that, but unlike mages, warriors had different types of abilities rather than elemental techniques at their disposal so there was a good chance that if he paid close enough attention, Timothy would gain quite a lot.

Both men were over the age of forty years old but they still looked to be in their peak conditions with no sign of wrinkles on their faces. One of the men who had a long red beard held a battle axe in his hand which looked to be extremely heavy. From what Timothy remembered from his previous world, was a battle axe would be used by physically strong soldiers who needed to rely on their abnormally large frames rather than incredible techniques.

On the opposite side was a chiseled man who chose to not even wear a shirt for whatever reason he had, and he was using a regular sword. There was no telling how the sparring match would turn out, but to Timothy, it seemed that the red bearded man with the battle axe would be able to overwhelm his opponent by physically dominating him from the start as long as he could get close enough which was definitely going to happen since both men had weapons.

The spar began with both warriors sizing each other up before they both chose to charge at one another. From the looks of it, this would be the initial attack before the two would switch to using their techniques against one another. What shocked Timothy, was not just the speed of these warriors, but the fact that their first clash proved physically speaking that they were an equal match!

Within a single breath of time, the shirtless warrior seemed to have begun gathering his battle qi as he raised up his sword above his head while the long bearded warrior shifted his weapon and body in a defensive form to intercept whatever was coming towards him. Watching this and barely being able to keep up, Timothy was beginning to grasp the basics of how a warrior in this world chose to battle with other warriors. With the battle qi in his body fully circulated, the shirtless man swiftly slashed his sword down towards his opponent.

What interested Timothy the most, was that not only had a blast of energy radiated from the sword thanks to the warrior's usage of his battle qi, but there were three different blasts of energy in the shape of a sword charging down into the long bearded warrior's direction. "Hmph!" the long bearded warrior let out a single sound as he circulated the battle qi in his body and it looked like his skin had turned into steel!

"My disciple, do you understand now how abilities and techniques of warriors dictate how capable they are in combat? Mages may have an edge when it comes to being able to use mana to call upon the element they are proficient in using, but warriors have an edge when it comes specifically to the number of abilities and techniques which could be learned! Remember this lesson well, because these two warriors may be making you feel amazed in your heart, but their techniques could only be described as average even in this empire."

Once the two warriors continued clashing ten more times using a different technique and ability each time to attack and defend, the spar had officially ended in what both warriors claimed was a draw. From seeing the two clash so many times, Timothy had begun understanding the many differences between what a warrior was capable of in this world compared to the one he was previously in.

Never would he be able to imagine that such abilities and techniques for humans could exist. There were a handful of times when he would face off against demons who could use something similar briefly as a last resort measure, but this was stronger than those techniques and neither of the two warriors seemed to be disheveled after the sparring match. Just imagining what he would be able to do when he became an immortal in the future terrified Timothy to his core, but the artifact had begun to calm him down.

3