53 – Idol Arc Go!
809 13 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a disaster. Students vanishing while on the field trip, a natural land slide, the recovery of a student who had gone missing for a year...

The situation was important enough to have even the principal of Zenkai Academy arrive on site to sort out the mess.

Fortunately, it didn't take long to sort out. The students were packed onto private cars and sent back home. The staff were assured of their students' safety and paid bonuses for their actions in stopping the crises and maintaining order.

But all of that was background noise for me. And the reason for that...

The principal's office in Zenkai Academy. A place typically reserved for staff and students on the verge of expulsion for failing the routine qualification exams.

If I were any other student, I would be worried.

The principal was said to be a secretive and cold man who cut straight to business and punished people for wasting his time and doing nonsense in front of him.

And I was sure that it was true... for probably everyone in the world except for me.

Dad kicked his feet up on his desk while flipping through some paper on a clipboard. "Gotta say, Kid. I send you to school to get a better job, not to make a mess. Though, I guess with how much money you make being a cam girl-"

"I am NOT a cam girl, Dad." I crossed my arms and said, "It's called being a VTuber- Wait." I uncrossed my arms and pointed at him. "I don't need to explain myself! You do! Since when were you the principal of Zenkai Academy? Didn't you always say that guy was a bastard who charged too much tuition fees?"

Dad shrugged and said, "It's true. And I've always been the principal. You've just never asked."

"...Don't tell me that this is just a way to do some tax evasion and money laundering."

Dad chuckled and said, "Hey now, do I look like I'm that incompetent? All the money I get is perfectly legal."

"...Whatever." I waved my hand and said, "Anyway, why'd you call me here? I'm pretty busy with homework and stuff, you know?"

Dad tossed the clipboard onto the table and said, "Well. I *was* going to warn my cute son about the dangers of playing with too many girls' hearts. But I think my daughter-in-law has a good enough handle on her whip-"

"I am not whipped!"

"...So I'm just telling you to remember to have some fun between school with your streams. Plus, it helps pay the rent."

"...Do you only have money on your mind?"

Dad smiled.

I sighed and stood up. "Whatever. Is that all you wanted to tell me, Dad?"

"Pretty much. But since it seems like my cute son keeps causing trouble wherever he goes... You're grounded."

I blinked. "What? You can't be serious!"

"Of course not. That's Harry's godfather, not me. And it's not like you do anything outside of school and stuff anyway. Just go stream your V stuff as a cam girl or whatever and study." He waved his hand and said, "Dad's dealing with a bunch of stuff right now so I don't want to have to clean up after you too. Now shoo."

Before I could protest, Dad jumped out of his chair and shoved me out the office.

I stood there for a few seconds, still processing what had happened. And then I turned around to slam my fist at the door, planning to demand an explanation about how long he had been Zenkai Academy's principal.

But the door was gone, leaving just a blank wall there.

"...What the heck?"

I could have sworn the door was right there...

"Argh, whatever." I shoved my hands in my pocket and walked off to meet with Celes. "I hate that he's right, but I do need to stream a bit more... Maybe I can make enough soon to get my own place so I can stop dealing with that jerk..."

[Help: Fighting!]

...

xxx

The path back to the Kimura household.

After the craziness of the past few days, I was determined to pretty much doubledown on being an ordinary student that streamed for fun when he got home.

*You mean 'she'?'

@#$@#$

GET OUT OF MY HEAD CICI!

A faint giggle echoed from behind me. Cici, covered up her face when she noticed me staring, but she didn't stop giggling.

I sighed and did my best to just focus on the walk back.

Unfortunately, that was hard to do with the current people in my company.

Celes was being as supportive as ever by holding my right hand and leaning close to me. But it was hard to have a romantic mood or even focus on that due to the fact that I currently had three other girls surrounding me as well, with Ren walking awkwardly off to the side and gawking at me.

Celes, Cici, Yui... and then Ghost-chan, who apparently was a normal student who just got lost in the field trip last year and had to live in the wilderness by herself.

That last part was the official story, at least. But the real story...

I glanced at Ghost-chan... No, 'Hanako-chan.'

She stared back at me and then let out a creepy laugh, hyperventilating a bit.

I immediately looked away and focused on the road ahead.

[Help: See? I told you Ghost-chan was fine!]

Just because the system magicked her back into life to be a part of my idol company doesn't make it any less creepy! And have you *seen* the way she acts?! It's like she wants to gobble me up!

[Help: It's fine! The system is perfectly calibrated to ensure all of the idols obtained through urgent quests are of sound mind and desire. Promise!]

...You know, the fact that you have to promise that concerns me...

"So, uh..." Ren glanced at the girls surrounding me before looking at me. "Are you sure you want me to walk everyone home with you, Kimura-san?"

"PLEASE." I gave Ren a serious look and said, "If you don't, you might not see me tomorrow."

Cici snorted.

Hanako giggle.

Celes rolled her eyes and said, "That is an exaggeration, Sen. Just because Father-in-law tasked me with ensuring you stay out of trouble during the period you are grounded does not mean I will not give you freedom."

Yui mumbled and said, "I think that's what Sen-kun is worried about..."

Celes tilted her head and said, "I'm sorry, Miss Yui. Did you say something?"

"N-Nothing!"

Ren nodded and said, "I see what's going on here."

I let out a sigh of relief and said, "Thanks, Ren. I always knew I could-"

"Well." Ren waved and said, "Have fun with the girls, Kimura-san. I'll see you in class tomorrow."

"Ren? REN!?"

Before I could reach out to stop him, the guy had dashed off into the distance, leaving me alone with the girls.

Celes watched Ren leave and said, "My. It seems that he's quite thoughtful today."

Cici nodded and said, "Well, it's about time we had a girl's night out anyway. Right, Sennie-poo?"

[Urgent Mission: Every man's dream! (or nightmare?)]

"...Hah." I sighed and resigned myself to my fate. "Let's just go home already."

Maybe I could use the stream as an excuse to get some privacy...? Please?

xxx

A brightly lit bedroom, with a sunny window showing a sakura tree shifting in the wind.

Sitting at her desk facing her computer, a beautiful blue-haired girl waved her hands at the camera and smiled. "Hi hi~! Did you miss me?"

[] Uwooo!
[] Azu-chaaan!
[] Are we finally getting daily streams?

Azura giggled and said, "I think so~. I got grounded recently, so I don't really have anything else to-"

"KYAAAAAAAAA! Azu-chan is so cuuuuuuuuute!"

"Isn't she?!"

"I wanna eat her up. Hehehe..."

"Could you not speak so loudly? Azura is working at the moment."

[] ???
[] omg
[] Are we having a girl's night out?

Azura giggled and said, "One second. I'm going to go on mute for a bit..." She reached out to tap the mic and then quickly dashed off-screen.

But although Azura tapped the mic, she didn't mute it. As a result...

"What the heck, guys?! Can't you give a girl a bit of privacy?"

"But you're so adorbs right now, 'Azu-chan'!"

"I hate to agree with her... but you really are super cute in that attire."

"Ooh! We should try out some dresses after you're done streaming and take pictures!"

[] lol
[] LET ME IN! LET ME IIIIIIIIINNNNNNNN!
[] Sneak peek at Azu-chan's gen mates?

"Aaargh!" Azura screamed and then said, "Whatever! Just be quiet for a bit, okay? We can talk and hang out later!"

A door slammed. Shortly after that, Azura walked back to her desk with a bright smile on her face. "Sorry it took so long, everyone. But anyway, how about we do some karaoke again today?"

In the distance, a faint female voice echoed. "Omg, yes please!"

"..."

[] XD
[] Azu-chan's streams are always peak content.
[] Are you going to introduce us to your other friends?

Azura sighed and said, "Let's just get this started while I'm still sane..."

27