Prologue: Part 1: Entrance Exam
21 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A 17 year-old teenager got out of the car his family had hired to drive him from the air station. "Thank you very much!" he called from the window, the driver smiled at the warm words and spoke in kind. "Thank you for using our services Master Hellenski." and he went on his way as the young noble turned to look at the school gates in front of him. Today was the start of a new chapter in life. Due to the fact that his family's territory was situated in the northwestern part of the Empire of Rames, they could do little but send aid and supplies to those fighting in the south east where the subjugation war was taking place. Today was the new day, a place where Viktor Hellenski will earn achievements.

Different from Granford Royal Academy grand marble and gold gateway and Deus Aello Royal Institute of Noble's wrought iron imagery of flowers, and other scenes, the gates of Farhollow Royal College were more humble in comparison with decorated wooden doorways and stone walls.  

Yet around him he could recognize the various nobles that have come to try their chances of getting in. Of course most of them were from minor houses such as his. The Nobles of the Empire of Rames were split into four different distinctions. There were the 9 Major Noble Houses, the head house that oversaw control of a large part of the territory. A good example of such a house would be the Royal Family Ramesteene who controls the true central region of the empire. There was the Guardian Noble Houses, four grand families that protect the borders, the Guardian House of Cobain, Protector of the Royal Family.  

As for the others, the were the Minor Noble houses such as his own, the House of Hellenski, and the Commoner Noble Houses, or commoners who earned a noble title through achievement, there was a plethora of such houses now that they have conquered a new territory in the south eastern part of the empire.  

A breeze blew past Viktor's face and he shook his head. He had stood silently in front of the gate for long enough, he took his first steps to the beginning of a new chapter of his life.

Not to far behind him a girl with chocolate brown hair and emerald green eyes and looked to be of the same age as he had walked up from the train station. A suitcase rolling behind her and a bag on her back,  This girl's name was Dali Torres and when the war had ended and the government sent out the notice asking for people to move into the newly acquired south-eastern frontier Dali saw this as the start of a new life for herself. It wasn't hard living in the northeastern part of the empire, but with the long winters and how close to being of age, moving out was the best choice to reduce the burden on her family.

It took 21 hours by train to get to where she was and upon arriving, she had noticed the multitude of people walking toward the luxurious four-storied-building and simply followed them. Walking into the gates the sounds of people calling out drew her attention and she walked forward to a desk set up near the entrance. A petite girl with pink hair in a beige and green uniform saw her approaching, while it wasn't uncommon for people to have colored hair, pink was nominally for those who follow the Spiritual Gods in the Iari region in the west. "Welcome to  Farhallow Royal College, I see you brought some luggage with you, confident are we?" She flashed a friendly grin. "For now I'll have to ask you to leave them with the staff and bring yourself to the training field, if you brought a weapon then be sure to bring that with you." 

Dali stopped in her tracks when she heard that. "A weapon?"

"Oh, you must be here for the logistics or engineering course then. Still knowing how to wield a weapon is good for self defense, you wouldn't want to succumb to the wild monsters this is a frontier village after all." the girl giggled. "Okay." Dali ended abruptly and she made her way to drop off her luggage and followed the signs to the training field. 

She milled about the crowd as the last few stragglers came in and an elderly man stood at the podium that had been set up on a makeshift stage. "Welcome all, to Farhollow's Royal College, and I Headmaster Morales want to extend a thank you for coming today to take the entrance exam to our humble school. It has been a rough beginning for our school with our starting class of 20 students in addition to rebuilding a town recovering from an ongoing war. It now brings me immense joy to see a crowd of prospective students trying for 60 spots. Good luck to all of you with your entrance exams! Pair up in groups of five with people from your respective groups." He finished his speech and stepped away.

Dali clapped for the speech and look around to see if she could join a group when she felt a tap on her shoulders. Turning around she saw a young man about her age with sand blond hair and crystal blue eyes.  "Hi there, I'm Viktor and I was wondering if you'd want to partner with me for the exam?" 

With nothing better to do Dali nodded her head "Sure!" she agreed. Now they had to find three more people. 

0