The Chase
667 7 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read ahead or just support me go check out my Pat. There are lot of fics and ideas there. There is no paywall. Every single one of these fics and chapters will be released eventually. But if you don't want to wait or just want to support me check out the Pat.

[ pat reon.com/alcoholic_panda ] -  [ dis cord.gg/6YYvm6tj6t ]-

~~~

A figure dressed in grayish camo gear is carefully taking diamonds out from the cases. That is me Kaito Kid. Yeah right.. Now that the self-introduction is over, I have to finish robbing this place.

'They did have a solid defense system, but it all relied on the sensors actually noticing something. I would have put some analog stuff like pressure plates on some key positions. People put way too much trust in technology.

I get that sensors, lasers and walls falling down as soon as anything comes near the cases, is a good combo. But are pressure plates that obsolete? Just your standard analog ones, that connect to the lockdown sequence. I guess turning it on and off is a pain so people don't use them anymore.

On to the next case. They do have some nice diamond jewelry, these will sell well on the black market.

*Click*

Opening cases like a pro. They really should not show this stuff on the internet. Copying their hand movements really isn't that hard, and I did test it out before I tried this.

*Bzzz*

My cellphone vibrated, which means one hour has passed since I robbed the museum, I'm almost done with this place as well. Now to finish up, and leave a note here as well. And I need to get into my suit.

They have lot of different types of diamonds here. Pink, yellow. green, purple, blue. I knew there were different types, but not this many. And it looks like this place isn't as clean as it suggests.

There are fake diamonds hidden under the counter, probably to make the switch when wrapping things up. And there are other gems here, when this is a diamond-only store. Whatever more money for me. I have quite the rep on the black market. I sell information mostly, some of the info my Spy Fly's got was somewhat useless to me.

But it's still useful to other criminals. Especially the movement of heroes. I keep a fly stationed at the entrance and exit of every Hero Agency in the vicinity. So I just sell the information when they arrive or leave, which helps other criminals with their planning.

I have a few loyal customers, and have a standing on the Black Market. So now that I'm expanding to goods, it will be easier for me if I already have a following. And it doesn't matter where, Diamonds sell very well because of how easy it is to transport them.

(Hollywood Undead- Gangsta Sexy)

~ Gangsta

Got my diamond earrings

Gangsta

Gonna turn you on

So gangsta

'Cause I'm real sexy

And I'm gonna beat it up, if you let me

Gangsta

Diamonds all up on me

Gangsta

Gonna turn you on

So gangsta

I preserve my sexy

And I'm packin' heat, so don't disrespect me ~***

###

" All right surround this building, I want a team on the back and on the top. You get the.."

"SIR" a younger police officer yells and points at the top of the building,

A man in an outfit which consists of a white suit jacket on top of a blue shirt with a red tie and white dress slack and with a blue ribbon band. He is carrying a big sack over his shoulder.

"You are a little late gentlemen, well I'll be taking my leave, I am a very busy person" with that he jumps off the building and starts running on the rooftops.

"Get him!!!" someone yells out and wakes up the stunned police officers

"What kind of an idiot dresses in white when he is stealing something!"

"Yea, this will be a piece of cake"

"Stop Talking and go catch him!!!" the Capitan yells out

" " " YES SIR!!" " "

"HA HA HA. Never fear because Mantis Man is here!!" a Hero with a mantis appearance shows up.

"Look it's Mantis Man"

"Didn't he debut like a month ago"

" Yea but he isn't very popular because of his insectoid appearance"

"Prepare yourself Villain" With that he jumps fast enough to actually catch up to Kaito Kid and swings at him with his sharp claws

Kid casually dodges and smiles "How scary"  (Insert Kizaru voice )

"Stop Mocking ME" Mantis Man takes a few more fast swipes

"He can't hit him"    "GOO MANTIS MAN!

"Take this 'Mantis Fury' " he attack's Kid even faster, but at the last swipe he goes for the sack, and cuts it

"Yes he did it!"

"Well we can't have that " Kid calmly says

"What do you mean" as soon as Mantis Man opened his mouth, Kid already threw a ball at fast speeds to his face which exploded into smoke on contact

*Gahh*

Knock Out Gas Is such a useful thing

Mantis Man started losing consciousness but stubbornly garbed the sack and jumped off the building

"Somebody Catch him!!" the police officers gathered to catch him with a special fabric that is made for catching suicide jumpers

"Yes, we got him" the policemen started yelling, well cheering is more accurate

"A pity, but I will be seeing you gentlemen soon. I bid you good evening... for now" Kaito Kid says with a distorted voice.

With one final smirk he threw a flash-bang that blinded everybody, followed by a small smoke screen. When the smoke cleared Kaito Kid was nowhere to be seen

" Spread out and find him" Naomasa yells out

"Hahaha see there is nothing to be afraid of he is just a common thief. People think too highly of him"

"You are right Capitan, he only escaped because of luck"

"Lucky bastard we'll get him next time. Manis Man did a great job"

Detective Naomasa looks at them and frowns

"It was too easy, for a thief of his caliber to make a mistake like this, something doesn't add up. Open the sack!"

"Huh? Right away"  the officer opens the Sack and a distorted voice could be heard

["Gentlemen. You just got duped. Better luck next time"]

*Boom* there was a small explosion as red smoke engulfed

*Cough, Cough*

"FUCK , Tear GAS!!!"

*Cough, Cough*

"Fuck you bastard"

"I'll kill you fucker"

...

The police officers cursed.

While a single reporter who was lucky enough to hear the sirens and followed them was filming this from his car, from beginning to end

###

A few minutes later a police officer entered an ally and started taking off his gear.

"Ha, 'Spread out and catch him' was the worst decision you could have done" our MC says as he takes off his helmet

Buying standard fake police gear was so worth it. It offers no protection, but it's light as hell and can be easily hidden. I was wearing it underneath the white suit jacket, I just tore it off and hid it under my 'police vest'. And as soon as he gave the order I just came straight here.

I'm wearing some light civilian clothes under the 'police gear'. I do admit It did get a little hot. But the effect was worth it.

Well, Phase 4 went well. Spy Fly's used the smoke and infiltrated their gear and clothes. Now I have eyes and ears in the police. Otherwise why would I risk coming back.

I stashed the loot from the diamond exchange to get it at a later time. Same with the stuff from the museum. What kind of idiot, takes such heavy things with him when he is running away.

Doesn't matter I should have the money I need to buy the material I need to make my 'Villian suit'. Sigh I hate calling it that, but that's exactly what it is. Now let's go home

Word Count 1280

A/N

***(Hollywood Undead- Gangsta Sexy, it was this or Rihanna-Diamonds, btw this is 50 words which i will not count, i just put in in here because i wanted to have a song.)

The plural form of Fly is Flies .

but idk i looked at the grammar,  in 19th-century England, a fly was also a type of vehicle with four wheels that was operated by the strength of humans' legs.

So i think I'm going to stay with Spy Fly's, if it bothers you guys i can change it to Flies

15