New Room [Edited]
301 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

General POV   (Monitor room)   

"Do you think he is telling the truth?" asks May, feeling suspicious of Ward's behavior 

"I don't know, let's hold our opinions until Sky gets back, she was there with him, I want to hear her out first" replies Coulson while feeling the same as May

Silence stilled the room until Sky opened the door.

"What do you guys think?" Sky asks them

"We wanted to hear your opinion first" says May getting straight to the point

"Hmm I don't know, I think he is telling the truth, all of it, it's not just some plan to make us feel sorry for him. He feels... different" Sky doesn't have the words 

"Different how?" Coulson presses 

"He is.. colder in a way.. I guess, Ward even as delusional as he is, he was in love with me, wanted me to feel the same for him, always trying to explain himself to me. Now he barely cared I was there. It's kinda creepy how much he changed. It does explain his drastic change in personality and actions" explains Sky the best she could 

"It could be possible, we need some experts to confirm this" says May feeling a headache coming 

"Your right, but in the meantime we move him, we did make a deal and he made it obvious what's going to happen if we don't honor it, I won't risk the safety of our team or civilians for my personal feelings" resolutely declares Coulson

(A/N *Cough*Hypocrite, says this stuff all the time on the show, and does the opposite)

"Btw DC, the thing he said about Shield and you guys, is it true?"

(DC=Director Coulson, Sky calls him that in the show)

Coulson and May both sigh at that

"Yes, Sky, Shield really did do those things, but every other agency does it as well, CIA, FBI, it's standard protocol.

Before you say anything, think about it, Ward was a specialist and a sniper, his job was to eliminate targets and do whatever he was told to.

Since I have become Director things have mellowed out and we don't do the things we did before, but we do what we have to, remember what Shield stands for" 

Sky just quietly nods at Coulson's words 

-(Scene Change)- MC POV

That went well, didn't think it would work honestly. Still, I get to leave this dump and actually go to the bathroom without cameras being there.

Oh right, the Mystery Box, honestly looking forward to this even though I'm probably going to be disappointed.

[ Inventory ]

[1. Lowest Level Mystery Box]

click open

(Imagine LOL chest opening)

*Ding*

[Unlimited Writing Set acquired, all items will never run out of ink or space.

- 1 Pen, 1 Fountain Pen,

- 1 Calligraphy Brush,

- 1 Notebook, 1 Scroll,

- 1 Chalk, .... ]

(٥ ¯―¯)

Nope, No comments, let's move on.

Okay, I have 300 points, the smarter idea is to use them to buy Body Strengthening pills or potions, It will increase my base stat and it's better for the long run, I still haven't even mastered the basics of 'Nen' it would be a very stupid idea to buy another power now. Not to mention, the info I got from the store, Killua managed to open up to the 3rd Gate to his house, that means 16 tones, before he even learned 'Nen', in comparison to that I can do 220 kilos with 'Ten'. Sighh the road to being a powerhouse is a long one.

(A/N There were 7 Gates stacked up on each other stronger you are the more you open ,first was 4 tones. then 8, 16, 32, 64 ,128)

But still, why did Sky show up earlier than the show, she didn't come looking for specific intelligence so nothing major happened on the outside, it means Coulson sent her, but why? why not May?

I didn't change anything major, I ignored Coulson like the Original, the only difference is that I meditate a lot, but could such a small change affect the timeline so much, I hope it doesn't change any of the major stuff, then I'd really be screwed. Knowledge of what's going to happen is a big advantage that I don't want to lose.

Back to the grind, 'Ren' first, do it until I'm exhausted, then Meditate with 'Zetsu' so I recover faster. A closed-loop, I'm bound to make progress, not like there is anything else to do in here.

-(A few hours later)-

*Zzzzp* (laser barrier shutting off, idk)

"Well Ward it's time to move you, from this prison to a more comfortable prison" says Sky

I see Sky standing with a dozen of agents. And was that supposed to be a subtle way to tell me I'm still a prisoner? Man, she needs to work on that, it was pathetic.

"Well what are you waiting for?" asks Sky

"I'm waiting for the agents to shoot me with the ICER's" I replay as calmly as possible.

"Why would we ICE you?" asks Sky feeling confused 

I'm looking at her and thinking to my self 'Must resist the urge to facepalm', if this isn't a trap to make me lower my guard then they are idiots. Even if they believe I'm a new Ward, they still shouldn't show me the layout of the Base.

"Sighh, never mind, so how are we doing this?" I rub my temples 

"You will be in the middle with everyone pointing their guns at you, one wrong move and your dead"

"Stop, just please stop with the pathetic threats, I can feel myself losing brain cells just by listening to you, we have already established that you can't kill me, so at most they will just ICE me, and you need to work on your threats"

Sky goes red with anger just as she is about to yell I interrupt her "Well?, let's go people I have better things to do than just stand here"

She just glares at me and starts leading, 2 agents behind her then me with each on the side and one behind me.

We walk for a while, take stairs every once and a while.

Good, they do have a brain, I was honestly expecting they were gonna lead me straight to it.

"Well here we are"    We arrive at the obviously new modified 'door'

"I expect everything is at its place" I ask still looking at the room

"It's more than you deserve" replies Sky  "Good then"

"I can give you information when but there will be a price, we can negotiate it, now if we are done here I want to shower and change into some new clothes" I casually walk in and head for the shower

Word Count 1120

11