Increase in strength [Edited] ?
260 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" I mean why are you suddenly interested in getting stronger and learning swordplay"

I just look at her with a blank face. What kind of dumbass question is that??

If I didn't know better I'd say that's a spy with a face changing mask. Why on earth would a top-level agent like May ask a question phrased like that.

Is it a test? But what for? Doesn't matter, just answer as I usually would, even if they found me out, I'll just Hulk Smash my way out of here. Let's give her an answer with a question.

" May haven't you felt that your skills have been stagnating? We can fight, we can shoot guns, spy but that's it. When was the last time you picked up something new to learn? You keep training but when did you last see any visible improvement? Well I don't want to stay the same, stagnating in a world like ours is a death sentence"

She just shuts up and looks like she is deep in thought. Ha, wish I could see her face when she figures out it's all bullshit. I finish my work and go back to my room to continue with my training.

-( Scene Change- Coulson's office)-

"Why did you let him dodge the question?" questions Coulson his face shows no emotion

"Yea that's not like you May" says Sky

"It was to test his reaction in the first place, how he answered was the point. He noticed what I was trying to do, I could see it in his eyes, didn't matter if I pressed, he wouldn't have given me anything useful. But I'm still thinking about what he said"

"May you're supposed to get inside his head not the other way around" jokes Sky

"I know, but he has a point, I can't remember the last time I learned a new skill, I still keep fit, I train so I don't lose my touch. But training to get better? I haven't thought about that in years, especially after Manama"

( Manama is the capital of Bahrain, it's where May got the nickname 'Cavalry')

"What happened in Manama?" asks Sky

" "Classified" "  both of them say at the same time

"Okay, but what are we going to do with Ward, yes we get info, but it won't last long, soon the day will come when he asks for freedom, if we refuse no more info, and we can be sure he keeps the important parts for then, and he is not stupid enough to tell us before he is actually free" Sky asks solemnly

"We are working on something but that's for another time, we can always try the angle with his brother, threaten to give him to Christian" Coulson suggests

"Do you think it will work DC?"

"Probably not, if it was the old Ward, maybe, but this one? he doesn't care about anything, and it's starting to get on my nerves"

They look at Coulson for an explanation

"Even before we changed his cell for a room, he doesn't act like a prisoner, before the head injury Ward knew he was a prisoner but his spy training didn't let him show it, now he acts like he can leave anytime he wants, it's unnerving.

Hypothetically, even if he gave all of his intelligence for freedom, he should still be on guard in case we betray him, which is what we will most likely do. But he doesn't, he acts like he is already free, it's weird"

"Sighh, just continue observing him and creating countermeasures" Coulson sighs out

May and Sky just nod to that

-(1 week later)

A week ago while meditating/brainstorming how to get stronger faster, I got an idea that made me feel like a moron, resistance seals that can turn invisible, I just had to specify my search and I found them in the 'Shop'. I honestly wanted to die at that moment.

Anyways that sped up my training a lot, first I trained in my room with 'Zetsu', and when in the Gym I upped the resistance and used 'Ten' still got a good workout, they just canceled each other out.

So my new stats are:

[Status]

Name: Grant Ward

Age: 32

Str:14(base) --> 28(Ten)  ---->      19(base) --> 38(Ten)

Vit:11(base)  --> 22(Ten) ---->        16(base) --> 32(Ten)

Dex:12(base) --> 24(Ten) ---->      17(base) -->34(Ten)

Int:10 --> 12

Luc:7 -->  9

This is freaking insane, my physical stats raised by 5, that's +50 kilo in strength, that's 320kg with 'Ten'. And I got 2 in Int and Luck, I don't know how that works. But still, it's freaking awesome, at first I was confused, but I figured it's probably because of the 'Nen' an average human won't get results this fast, even with the resistance seals. So my 'Nen' must be changing my body slowly, making it more adaptable or more like the people of HxH world.

Either way, I'm not complaining. It's been a month since I arrived, at full strength with 'Ken' witch multiplies my base physical stats by 4 or 5, thats almost a ton in pure lifting power.

( A/N 'Ten' is x2 multiplier, 'Ken' a stronger, denser version of 'Ken' should be 4 to 5, theoretically it can go on and on as long as you train your 'Aura amount',

The arbitrary unit of his system corresponds to the approximate amount of aura spent every second by a Nen user in battle mode (1 unit per second), and it is called "aura". However, once the fight starts, the aura consumption increases up to 6 or even 10 aura per second. I don't count A/N words btw)

I felt like I had trained 'Nen' enough so I can try to quantify my Aura. Maximum Aura Power or M.A.P. is the amount of Aura a user has in his body, I gave it a go, and the result was around 7000 aura. I'm happy with that considering how long I have had 'Nen', but I train basically at every given moment, except when I sleep every 3 days.

Now the question remains, how to use the points I have wisely. Deducting the resistance seals I now have 450 points. ( remember a week passed, he gets 100p at least every week) I'm definitely keeping a 100p just in case I escape and use it for food and ordinary equipment, so that leaves me with 350, there is a pill that increases my strength by 200kg for 150p, so 20 stats for 150, same for Vit and Dex, so speed or endurance, speed definitely, it's not like I'm going to have a fistfight with anyone. I buy them and the price of Str and Dex pills changes to 300p, I was planning to abuse it, one and a half weeks of meditating for a 20 increase in one stat. Now I don't know if it doubles after every buy, or it automatically changes so I don't get to abuse it, I hope it's the latter otherwise i cant afford them.

Well bottoms up. I gulp down the 2 pills. ( He is in the bathroom btw)

I feel the muscles in my body tearing and repeating, why did I think for a second that this was going to be painless, I forgot who made this system.

'Whooooo' i breathe out, lets check the Stats.

[Status]

Name: Grant Ward

Age: 32

Str: 39(base) --> 78(Ten)

Vit: 16(base) --> 32(Ten)

Dex: 37(base) -->74(Ten)

Int: 12

Luc: 9

*M.A.P: 7000 

'HAHAHAHAAHAHA'  I can beat the shit out of Cap, assuming he doesn't have the 'Law defying shield' of course, Cap and me have the same base Str and Dex. Well in comparison to the Hulk this is nothing, his base strength allows him to lift about 35 tons, and it increases as he gets angrier.

(I checked, wtf I didn't know this)

Yea compared to that we are 'puny'. That's 3500 on base stats I call cheats, someone contact the GM.(GameMaster/Admin)

Word Count1200

* I'll just leave it like that, might change it someday, I still don't know how I'm going to calculate Nen

If i tie it to Vit or not. I'll leave a ? on the title so i know to come back to this chapter

11