Book 2: Epilogue
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jon woke up after an unknown amount of time. He hadn't even thought of asking how much time there was to sleep. He really must have been tired.

He looked underneath and saw Mallory underneath him, snoring.

He climbed gingerly from the bunk bed and saw that the other beds were filled with people he didn’t know.

He crept out and made his way back onto the deck of the ship.

“Yo!”

Jon looked up and saw Tallow hanging from the crow’s nest upside down. She waved to Jon.

“Wanna come up?”

Jon saw the ladder, so he climbed up the side of the mast until he was in the crow’s nest as well.

She climbed up to the top of the mast, not needing a ladder to get there.

She put her hand over her eyes and looked out into the sea.

“It’s quite fresh out here. I thought boats were annoying at first, but now, I might just become a pirate. Start stealing from the haves, giving to the have-nots, and taking my fair share, right?"

Jon shrugged.

“Farmers probably don’t use money, do they? You just grow and eat your own food.”

Jon grimaced.

“Figured. By the way, Your girlfriend and your best friend look like they're about to make out! Maybe you should check in on them!”

Jon looked in the direction Tallow was pointing. Hector was at the same spot he was before, but Mercy had taken Mallory’s place.

They stood side by side, staring at the sunrise.

Jon wanted to know what they were talking about, or even if they were talking. But, if they were in a good place, he decided just to leave them be.

He could stay with Tallow, right?

“Can I stay?” Jon asked.

“Sure… I don’t know why you’d want to stay with me…”

She slid down the mast slightly until she was at level with him. “I mean, of course, you want to be around me. Those guys are boring anyway.”

“Maybe,” Jon said. He didn’t know. He was just happy. Things weren’t boring or exciting. They were just fine.

More than fine.

He expected Tallow to say something more, but she grimaced.

After some time, she spoke again.

“Thanks, Jon.” She said, “For everything.”

She climbed back up to the top of the mast, and they all watched the sunrise together.

0