Chapter 2: Enter the Battlefield
48 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto; Hinata does.


Chapter 2: Enter the battlefield

Family, that was all he wanted. A true family that loved and supported him. That was all he longed for. But why was it that every time he was in grasps of his dream, it always seemed to slip away? First, that wretched clan sacrificed him so they wouldn't have to be involved in the war, and now, he had killed his best friend, his only friend, to graduate. Why couldn't he be like everyone else? Why was he 'special.' He hated himself. He hated to be different from everyone else. He hated to be an outcast, and he hated that clan for forcing him into a life of pain and misery. He hated them for making him a tool, just another piece on the board. Ah, but he was fated to do so. No point in protesting Goddess fate.

His thoughts were broken off as his teacher again called them and told them he was proud of them for completing the academy. "Those who have passed these 4 years have sfourown that you are better than others. As Kiri is entering the war, we would like to send the best of you to the frontlines in the hopes that you will bring pride to Kiri. We would like you to show the other nations what Kiri is made of."

His world came crashing down as he heard this. No, he didn't want o fight more. He didn't want to kill more. He just wanted to live his life in peace. But because of his clan, his village, and this war, he couldn't. Yet, his fate was out of his hands. As luck would have it, he was destined to suffer, destined to fight in a war, and destined to change the world. He had grown tired. He would not oppose his fate. No, he would let destiny play out and take him where she wants.

He moved swiftly through the trees, desperately trying to keep up with the older ninjas. His muscles started aching, but he gave it little care. It was his destiny to arrive on the war front, and he would undoubtedly fulfill his destiny. For he didn't want to anger goddess fate by defying her.

"We are to set up camp at 2 o'clock."

"Hai Taichou!" replied all the squad members. It was Daichi's first mission, and he was directly deployed to the battlefield. He was to arrive at the battlefront and fight in the front lines.

The group of 8 set up camp and spent the night there, each of them keeping watch for an hour each. Early next morning, they reached the Kiri base. They each waited for the assignments.


Mist base camp

"Daichi Kaguya, division 9"

The older members of the camp looked with pity at Daichi. "Well kid, it's been nice knowing ya," a member said to Daichi. Daichi didn't know what was going on, so he dismissed it.

Just as they were assigning divisions, a sensor ninja came and warned us of the incoming invasion from Konoha.

"Alright, division 9 head out first. Division 7 and 3 will support you from the sides white division 8 will protect the rear." said the Jonin commander in a commanding voice.

The ninjas of Kiri exited the base camp. Division 9 consisted of clan genins. Mostly the Yuki's and Kaguya's. Division 8 included medics, while the remaining ones were chunin and jounin. Even while in war, the fourth Mizukage still hated the bloodline factions and deliberately sent them to the frontlines at a young age.

The Kiri ninjas marched onto the battlefield. The Konoha ninjas were waiting for them to make a move. The jonin commander commanded the ninjas to attack. The Konoha and Kiri ninjas clashed. Many Jutsu were thrown to win the battle, and many lives were lost to protect their land. It is the bitter truth of war. There is no good or evil side in a war, only a victor and a loser. It is but a fight for resources. There is only one winner, and the rest are all losers. After all, second is just the best loser.

Daichi slashed left and right with his bones. He was trying desperately to survive. He knew the enemies wouldn't spare him, but he also knew goddess fate was on his side. He knew it was his fate to kill all of his enemies. He grew excited with every single body he sliced up. His inner Kaguya started to show more and more. He shot bones from his fingers and pierced Konoha ninja's hearts.

With all the clan ninjas, Konoha stood no chance. Their ninjas were being killed left and right. More and more of their blood was being spilled. Just when Konoha ninjas were about to lose all hope, a horde of snakes swept past them, biting the Kiri ninjas. A terrible killing intent flowed onto the battlefield. A man with pale skin and black hair walked onto the field.

Orochimaru of the legendary Sannin has entered the battlefield.

1