Weekend
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The warm duvet ruffled over my body as I felt a hand pet my head. Slightly fluttering my eyes I looked at Lucifer who looked worried, I turned behind me to see if there was anything else on the bed. The room was plain, mostly clean. The table was cluttered; that was the only default I could find.

 

"I should get going," a faint sigh leapt out as my head felt torn apart. I needed both sleep and food. "You really need to stop overestimating your boundaries" He groaned, pushing the duvet back on my body. "Don't move. You need rest if you need something I'll be here so don't worry. I'll be in the living room if you need me." 

 

This boy was definitely testing my patience. Ugh. Without having a proper conscience I pulled him on the bed as he looked at me puzzled just following my lead. "Just sleep here," I wrapped my arms around his waist as his chocolate scent engulfed me.

 

It was a serene night in the big city, one of the very few of them. If it weren't for this boy I would have been in my room with my usual nightmares. But this was different, his warm hands that engulfed me made me feel safer. His heart beat that lulled me as I nuzzled into his chest made me smile like none other. 

 

"Shiiiittttttt~" hearing the clicks and loud cheers I let out a tiny groan. The hands around me tightened a little. "10 more minutes" he whispered as my back faced him. Not thinking too much of the giggles from earlier I returned to my slumber.

 

Hearing the loud ringtone I got up slightly, putting his arms aside without much disturbance. I did not have any idea of who this boy was. The only source was his name. I looked over on the couch outside the bedroom. All the flats in the apartment had the same structure so it didn't feel much different from my own.

 

"Yes?" I picked up the call after a quick stretch. 

"Tia?" Vivian spoke up from the other side as I sat down on the couch without looking around for anything else. 

"Hm?"

"I've bought the flat!" Knowing her she was probably giving the biggest smile as the words left her mouth. She was one of the very few people that I would not think twice about helping. She wasn't mature but she knew when to stop and that was a charm that worked, at least for me it did.

 

I turned towards the kitchen quickly shutting my mouth. I felt choked up as my breath stayed within. "You are?" I looked at her with a smile not wanting to make a bad impression. "Irie and well that's Blake" she said letting out a familiar giggle. 

"One second." I said with a small chuckle. 

 

"Vivi, I'll be there by evening! Congratulations," I said as she laughed. "We have a lot of catching up to do. It's been three effing years!" She let out before hanging the call. Walking up to Lucifer who still looked like he wanted to sleep I exhaled feeling exhausted.

 

Just as I gripped the door knob he walked towards me giving me a tight hug from behind. Feeling a slight breath on my neck I stared at the door knob. "Good morning," I uttered. "You have guests," I said, trying to escape from his grasp.

He clutched my hand like he wasn't going to leave it alone anytime soon. "Do you want to be alone?" He looked at me with a sincere smile. 

 

"I don't mind…" and yes I didn't mind it. If I would have to explain why I had reacted that way earlier it was because I didn't know who she was. And my emotions went haywire but his little smile and hugs made me forget about it. 

 

He raised his brow as a tiny smile crept up his lips. Feeling the strong urge I traced my fingertips over his lips as the sun softly embraced the cold morning. He leaned in closer, placing a peck on my forehead. "Do you want to hang out?" He said once again tightly doing his usual bear hug.

 

As if he read my mind he laughed softly whispering into my ear, "They're my younger siblings." He said, making me blush as I pushed him and walked out. "I- i'll head back now" i said waving at the girl who continued gulping down her juice to avoid sharing.

 

I plopped down on my bed which was cold as Neo too slept in his own bed. Quickly taking a shower I put on my lantern sleeve top and black jeans. I heard a tiny knock on the door as I placed Neo's food.

"One second," I said ,quickly wiping my hands before opening the door. "Hm?" I stared at the boy amazed.

 "I doubt it's even been an hour." 

"It has." He said confidently pointing at his watch. "I like you, I just do. So let's call it a date, not a hangout. A date. D-A-T-E." He added stressing each letter. I was taken aback. Never in the twenty four years of my existence have I ever wanted my own happy ending. I was happy just being to live one more day. With people I love. 

 

"Lucifer," I gazed at him. He made me question everything. He was too perfect to be true to his dressing sense, his looks, his voice as if straight out of a novel he always held a smile. He was clearly the main character. "I don't know what your motive is but I've let myself go with the flow this time." I smirked as my eyes set on his. He didn't say much. He just laughed as he mumbled something.

 

Stepping inside the huge building I let out a laugh still unable to comprehend my emotion. 

"Rich, aren't we?" 

"Nope," he said as the workers all bowed at his arrival. 

"Whatever" This was my building. Clearly all the members allowed to step inside are either the most influential or the richest of the rich. Acting oblivious, I walked around as the boy held my hand, not letting go. 

 

"I've been wondering why you are wearing a mask" He stared at me with a confused look overtaking his face. "That makes the two of us." I winked at him as his hands got a little red. "Why here?" I asked as the elevator finally made a ding opening to the terrace. He walked in front of me as he looked at me like the best thing. My heart wasn't really calm to say the least. 

 

"My story began here." His voice held a little pain. I was taken aback but I just stood behind him as the snow grazed my hair. He gave a weak smile as he turned towards me. "A motive you say, this is my motive" I stared at him still unshaken. 

 

Who are you?

What do you want?

When on Earth did you even start 'liking' me?

Which part of my untold story pricked your nerves?

Where did you learn your act?

 

My head wandered at every possible scenario. He pushed against the wall of the Penthouse. We had already taken off our masks as we stepped out of the elevator. His soft lips entrapped mine. Melting to his soft yet angered force I held tighter to his neck as his hands softly ruffed my hair. 

 

Pulling away I stared at him, my cold gaze making him flinch. I tapped my head against his chest. "What do you want?" My voice was still shaky from all that happened. He held me in a princess carry, seating me down on his lap on the bed. "Stop playing around, Lucifer." I said trying to stand as his dejected smile irritated me. "What motive?" I asked him as he looked at me with a kind smile. "Your smile, and hugs" dumbfounded, I felt a huge ball of anger choke me. "The lovely smile you give everytime you see others smile, the way you always admire your coffee before drinking it, the way your right cheek unlocks a dimple everytime you laugh. Everything." He went on as I still questioned everything. 

 

Feeling my rage get the worse of me I pulled him into a kiss not yet registering my anger that had bruised our lips as he let me have control over him. 

 

His forehead touched mine as I tried moving away. His thumbs brushed my lips as he lightly pecked them. "Do you want to talk?" He asked his voice hoarse from the make out session. "Hm" I hummed along feeling as if the world itself pushed me into his grasp. "What do you want to know?" He said playing with my hands. 

 

"Who are you?"

"Lucifer Knight"

"What do you want from me?"

"Your love," he smiled.

"When did you even start 'liking' me?"

"Since two years ago" 

"What?" I looked at him as he simply continued to smile at me. "At the cafe. I promised my friend I'd take one of his shifts as a repay and that was the day you first walked in all giddy with a boy. Ah, the same boy from yesterday!" He said, clearly unhappy. "Holy- thanks for reminding," placing a soft peck on his cheeks I pulled out my phone texting away. 'Phew' I sighed in relief, forgetting about the boy for a while. 

 

"That wasn't very nice of you" he put forward as I looked at him.

 "What wasn't?" I chuckled while putting my phone in my pocket.

"You can't just shush me off with soft kisses like that and then you start texting someone" he was clearly sulking. 

 

After talking for a while everything started making sense. Little by little it reached me that his life was on par with mine. Honestly quite a rare feat. His posture and body structure was picture perfect since he was a muse. The best one. The reason everything within the span of last night was rushed was because all the patience he held within gushed out.

 

We didn't speak much about family. "You have a pretty voice," I said with a huge smile plastered to my face. "About that, um, do you- like- do you know who Kai is?" He said in a low voice. It was the first time he spoke that way. Of course I did. Taking a very brief second I turned towards him with a face that said, 'are you serious?'

"Surprise" He said in a calm voice as I still looked at him somewhere in between amazed and starstruck. 

 

Looking back at it he did sound like home. Maybe that's why I always stayed till the song ended each day. I ruffed his hair as good memories flooded in. He was Kai. The singer, songwriter that gained popularity faster than the speed of sound. The singer who no one had seen yet everyone knew. His identity was the top mystery of the music world.

 

"Do you just tell people that?" 

"You're the first," he announced. "Now that my motive is clear, do you want to give it a go?" He stretched his arms as he stood. 

"You don't have anything to ask me?" I examined his face just to get a smile. His subtle nod made me smile too. Pouncing on him it felt as though the winter air suddenly disappeared. His warm high maintenance coat was definitely getting ruined and he didn't seem to care as he cupped my face. "I'll try to be the best boyfriend, just don't give up on me." Laughing, I nodded in acceptance.

 

"Since you're not going to ask me any questions let me introduce myself" A smirk leaned on my lips.

"Ataraxia Hyperion, CEO of CulTech." It was his turn to do the 'are you serious?' face. 

"Say what now?" 

"I'm sure you heard it right." 

"Who's the rich one now?"

"Us." 

"I ship us" 

"Your fans would kill me" I retorted as we stepped inside the elevator this time without our masks. 

"So would yours"

"If I had any, maybe." 

"Are you really saying that?" He gave me a serious look and I laughed it off. We got our coffees and walked towards the parking lot. It was a silent ride. Despite much protest I decided to drive. 

 

I looked over at the screen, "6:20?" I almost had a heart attack. I had to go to Vivian's new flat. Confused, Lucifer stared at me, "what happened?" He asked. "Mmhm, nothing" I parked the car in our apartments. Pulling out my phone I dialled Vivian. She was definitely used to this but I wanted to surprise her this time by finally being on time. "Do you mind company?" I asked before she even said anything. "Sure," she laughed. "Kay then, I'll be there soon." 

 

"Love you too" I spoke, not noticing the pout on Lucifer's face. 

"It's quite sudden but do you want something? Just come on" walking towards the elevator I stared at the numbers as it made a ding at the tenth floor, "God that's going to take forever" i ran up the stairs as my boots clanked. "What is the hurry about?" Lucifer said catching up to me as I continued to stare at my wardrobe. "Usually it's Vivi who helps me but since it's a 'cute theme' only God can do this" I plopped down on my bed facing the chandelier. Placing a soft kiss on my lips he put Zen down. Before unlocking my door he asked me if both of them could be together for the time being and I was not going to let that option go. 

"You definitely have lots of coats."

"Because it's the formal style arrangement, open the left one for informal ones" I said as a sigh left my mouth. 

"Oh, that is cute, wait this one's awesome, you should wear those" 

"Just give me one" I cut through his sentence since I was running out of time.

He stared at the closet and back at me for a few seconds, "this" he passed a pastel themed dress with puffy sleeves, the soft lavender colour flowed down a little above my knees. The collar neckline made me a little more elegant, the genre of clothes I prefer. He walked over to the shoe rack and groaned a little annoyed, 

"there's only boots here"

"Other side" he laughed examining through the rack.

 "You've never worn any of this?"

 "Nope" he frowned before walking back to pull out a lavender ankle boot. I looked at him with awe. If I wasn't conserving energy I would have kissed him like ten times by now. 

 

"Perfect~" he said as the serious look faded from his face. 

"Did you pick yours?" I asked pulling away the coat on my body. He stepped out and shut the door behind.

 "I'm coming too?" 

"You don't want to?"

I heard the door shut as he laughed. Putting on the candy toned lipstick I walked out the door only to stop and pray to god I was dreaming. 

"Baby, didn't I tell you to share your toys?" I looked at Neo who turned away. Letting out a yawn I walked to my bedside drawers and pulled out a few of Neo's old toys that I had forgotten to mail to the animal shelter. I planned on doing so because they were still mostly not used since only lasers actually made Neo hyper.

 

"There," I put in some extra food and water for the night. Looking at my phone I almost panicked. "Why did you do now!?" I screamed on my phone as I assumed my brother moved the phone away from his face. "Mother is planning to set you on a blind date on Sunday, it's tomorrow?" He himself looked surprised. "Blind date?" I quizzed, my head planning an entire murder. Not noticing Lucifer, I continued to talk. "What if I told you I had a boyfriend?" It was my turn to push the phone away as I did so I noticed Lucifer's reflection on my screen, "you're back?" I turned as he just smiled cutely, his eyes making him look like god's gift. "I'll call you back later, bye" I hung up as silence flooded in both of us waiting for the other to speak. 

 

"We should move, it's ten minutes from here" I said as the room looked dead.

 

"Phone number" he said as I was texting Vivian that we were almost there. Laughing about it, I took his phone only to choke on my own saliva. "Why do you have a picture of this?" I swear to whatever can be sworn on but I don't blush easily except now my face was red as a tomato. He glanced over as he giggled. "Irie and Blake took them in the morning." He stated, making me even more embarrassed. Quickly calling my number I saved both of our numbers in each other's phones. 

 

"You should change your wallpaper, no, definitely." I caught a glimpse of his side profile as butterflies rushed in my stomach. "What's wrong with me!?" Shaking my head I leaned back.

 

"Cute"

 

I closed my eyes as he was staring at the map. "Great, only 2 minutes," he said with pride. "Ataraxia? We're here." Opening my eyes I smiled at him as he returned it. Looking at myself in the camera one last time I laughed at Lucifer. "Why thank you, sire." I stepped out as his hands held mine. "How do I look?" He asked. 

He had changed into white jeans and a lavender, full sleeve t-shirt. "Now I'm thinking if you chose lavender so we could match" I laughed, kissing him lightly on the cheek where his blush tinted pink. 

 

Since Vivian's brother had brought me here, I knew her flat number. Knocking on the door I turned around as a sudden urge to mess up his hair unlocked within me. Shaking my thoughts away I looked at Vivian who gave me the tightest of hugs earning a glare from Lucifer which neither of us noticed. "Congrats" I said as she linked arms with me, "come in, you too" she smiled like always. "Who's the boy?" She murmured into my ears as I turned towards Lucifer and smiled. "Let's just say I've got a date?" I whispered back. "Tia!" Elysian walked up to me as we did a fist bump. "Don't let her go now" I said as Vivian went over to him. 

 

"We're engaged!" Vivian screamed as she pointed at the ring. "I know" I said, my voice fading at the only voice that disgusted me. 

"Why're you here?" 

"Tia, um, it's okay. We have talked about it." Vivian said biting her lips the air in the room could kill. 

Putting the flower bouquet and the gifts on the table I looked at her with sympathy. "Neo has been a little sick since morning, I'll have to take him to the doctor,'' I said, waving at Elysian and Vivian as Alex continued to stare at Lucifer.

 

The car ride was mostly silent. Only the music played on as I noticed we were going from the longer route. 

 

"Hey, Lucifer, no matter how much you will come to hate me, don't change yourself. Ever." 

"I trust you" he stated simply with a cute giggle. I knew Alex was the trashiest trash in history. I knew how he was the romantic boyfriend towards Claire- No, she's Vivian now. And how she thanked God for their relationship but at the end of the day he just played with her. But me? I wasn't even talking to a boy who I've known since highschool or college. He was a stranger. 

 

Much like the me that faked this facade and the me that just wanted pure emotions. His may be a similar case. 

 

0