Chapter Two – The Hospital
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Two - The Hospital

My eyes were already open.
 
“Congratulations.” A mystery voice said.
 
“Who are you?” I asked.
 
“Your Guide.”
 
“I remember you.”
 
“Yes, and you are going to remember more.”
 
“Where am I?” I asked.
 
“Do not ask me.”
 
My eyes were looking at the ceiling that was pure white. There was a white fan with six blades. And there was nothing else that I could see.
 
I turned my head left. I saw a white wall without windows and doors. Then I turned my head right and saw another empty wall also in pure white.
 
"A hospital room?” I asked.
 
“Perhaps so,” The floating robot head said. “It was a part of your memory.”
 
“My memory?”
 
“Yes, and it was fragmented. Even so, they are all linked to each other. Therefore, you must fully *absorb* this fragment to access the others.”
 
I was puzzled.
 
“How do I *absorb* it?” I asked.
 
“The same way you did to get here. Focus.”
 
I focused my eyes on the ceiling fan and looked through each of its blades. But nothing happened.
 
“It doesn’t work,” I said.
 
“Not enough. You must think about what you see.”
 
I tried hard to think. Two hours passed.
 
“It still doesn’t work,” I said.
 
“How strange. Maybe you-”
 
“KABOOM!”
 
“Where did that noise come from?” I asked.
 
“Congratulations. You are absorbing this fragment of your memory.”
 
“I remembered something. Some times before I died, the Americans bombarded my village. I was among those who escaped to the cave.”
 
“You did a good job.”
 
I tried hard to remember what happened after I went into the cave. But I was not given enough hints.
 
“KABOOM!”
 
I got a hint.
 
“Then the Americans bombarded the forest entirely. The cave entrance collapsed,” I said.
 
“Keep going.”
 
“I fell on a rock. But It hurt me just a little. Two little girls, about ten years younger than me, came to me. They said everyone else had already gone further into the cave.”
 
“And you went further into the cave?”
 
“Yes, I did. It was cold and dark. The girls were crying so I promised to protect them.”
 
“And you did a good job to protect them.”
 
“After hours of walking, we become fatigued. Luckily, we’ve reached another exit that was not blocked.”
 
“How fortunate.”
 
“The exit led us to a river and it was shallow. There was a house on the other side.”
 
“A nice place to rest.”
 
 
0