chapter 3
36 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From the pillar of light, an army marches forward. The defenders of the pillar were shocked and then scared when they notice the emblem the invading army had.

It was the Washikawa Clan.

“Spread out.” A voice commanded and in the blink of an eye, the members of the Washikawa Clan moved. 

The voice that spoke belonged to the leader of the clan, Lord Ryushi.

“I can’t believe that nut jobs idea actually worked.” A voice spoke behind.

“Vice Commander, Suzu. How many times have I asked you to talk more respectfully when Lord Ryushi is present?”

“And how many times have told you to shut it. Just because Ryushi keeps you around, doesn’t mean you are any different from the other bitches around Akae. Just stand there and be pretty in your kimono.”

“Enough!” Ryushi shouted. “Akae, can you find the Oracle?”

“My apologies my lord. I cannot track the movements of those I am unfamiliar with.” She replied while lowering her head.

“Useless.” Suzu snickered

 “It can’t be helped. We don’t even have a picture of the Oracle. Use your skill. Focus on anyone escaping the city alone.”

“Yes my lord. < Skill: Map Vision >”

Akae’s vision changed. She was now looking directly down on the city from above. She could see dots moving across the city. Some had names while others did not.

This was the power of her skill Map Vision. It allowed her third-person eye view of a given area.

Unless your level was higher than hers, escaping her gaze was impossible.

She ignored the names and movements of the Washikawa Clan members and focused on the outer edges of the city.

This would have been the most likely escape route for the Oracle.

“My apologies my lord but many seem to be escaping to the forest alone….” She paused.

Amongst those escaping one dot displayed a name. She had never met the person but she had been shown her face countless times by Ryushi.

“My lord. Priority one target is present and fleeing in that direction.” She shouted before pointing in the direction.

“Saya,” Ryushi uttered before leaping into the sky.

“Ah… there he goes. Guess I have to deal with this then.” Suzu complained before turning to Akae. “So… Is it true that women go naked under their kimonos?”

Akae shot him a death glare before walking away.

“Come on, I am just messing with you.”

***

“Shit…Shit.” I uttered those words as I fled the city.

The Washikawa Clan is the last thing I want to be near. As you already know I am their number one most wanted but what you don’t know is why.

It all started two years ago. While collecting monsters to tame I ran into a roadblock. Taming monsters requires time and energy and I was running out of both.

“Ahh... Chameleon! Why did just flick me with your tail?”

“Chaa miii chaa mii”

“Tch… Fine, I will be honest with my story.”

 Two years ago after realizing how hard it is to tame monsters I became lazy. Like seriously lazy.

Taming a monster can be done in two ways. Defeat it in battle or befriend it. When your only fighting force is slimes and rabbits, you are not going to be catching any big game anytime soon.

That’s why when an information broker came to me with a proposition to steal monsters from a collector, I jumped at the opportunity.

It was this broker that introduced me to Chameleon.

“Cha Miii…”

“Yeah. I have fond memories of that day too.”

Anyway, the job was too simple. I would go into the client’s home and steal a blue gem, and it just so happens that the gem was in the middle of a private zoo.

The information broker would handle keeping the target away from their house.

With Chameleon’s help, I was successful in entering the house undiscovered. And when I finally reached the zoo, I was in for a shock.

Exotic and rarer monsters were in cages. Monsters I could have never have dreamed of catching were right here in front of me.

I could feel the desire for freedom. Their desire to leave this place.

I activated my taming skill and asked every one of them to join me. Every monster accepted my request. All but one.

In the center of the room was a white chair. Next to the chair was a white table with a small cage on top of it.

Inside the cage was something I never thought I would ever see.

On top of the blue gem was a fairy spirit

“Hello,” I called

The spirit looked scared in my eyes. It was shivering despite the warm temperature in the room.

“Hey... I won’t hurt you. I am a tamer. Do you know what that is?”

My grandmother said that fairies were smart creatures and could understand human speech even if they could speak back.

“Do you want to come with me?”

She shook her head.

I wondered what exactly had happened for her to feel this scared.

It was then that Chameleon got off my shoulder and stood in front of the cage.

I don’t know what they were talking about but the spirit looked at me and after a while, she nodded.

We formed a pack right there and then. I couldn’t help but let a small shout in celebration.

“There is no need to hold back. Shout louder.”

I felt a chill down my spine. Some just spoke behind me.

“You should pick your jobs more carefully thief. Your employer’s pathetic attempts at keeping me occupied were pathetic. Hmm… Where are my playthings?”

Playthings? Is he referring to the monster? 

“They went to the bathroom.”

“A comedian I see.” He said before stepping closer. “You are Saya, yes?”

Looks like that old hag sold me out.

“Don’t worry. Your employer is no longer living. Speak freely.”

This was my first meeting with the man that would soon become commander of the Washikawa Clan.

His face was average and his voice was normal, but his eyes. Those pitch-black eyes were something else. It was like he could see straight to your soul.

“Will you look at the time? I think I better leave.”

“You cannot escape me. You will not escape me.”

“Can’t know unless I try.”

“That funny.” He said before he chuckled. “You will make for an assuming pet.”

“Eh?” I uttered but he ignored me and continued his monolog, “I will probably need to acquire a cage with a built-in shower and toilet. Ah… you seem to be a tamer too… good… you can take care of the monsters I will acquire.”

With every few words, he walked closer and closer towards me.

I thought that I was going to be a goner but then, a blue light started to emit from the gem. The fairy spirit was interacting with the gem.

< Notice: Fairy Spirit has connected with Teleport gem. Please Input coordinates >

“What are you doing?” he asked but I didn’t reply. I entered coordinates from my status map and with a blue flash we were out of there.”

Ever since then, he has been chasing after me. There have been close calls here and there but this time I am going to escape before he can even notice me….

“Saya… I have found you.”

“What the Fuck!”

2