Ch.1 The start of it all
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

The start of it all


Opening my eyes my surroundings were hazy and muffled laughter echoed in my ears. Squinting I put my hand up to shield myself from the sun, as I raised my arm I noticed my hand was a lot smaller than it should be, my fingers were small and a bit chubby giving me a childish feeling. I could feel the soft grass tickling my feet and noticed my fluffy sun dress swaying in the wind, I stood in front of a big tree and looked up noticing the tree's leaves were rustling. 

In the tree, a young boy with sleek black hair and black eyes gripped onto one of the thicker branches and laughed, a smug expression on his face. “I told you I could climb the tree too!

Putting my hand down I smirked “I can see that”

Laughing the young boy let his body relax and lean on the tree “See I’m not hopeless”

My smile widened and I nodded along “Of course, So now……”

Slightly pushing himself up his eyes gleamed “Yeah? What’s next! 

Putting my hands behind my back I looked around “Now you get down”

Stunned, the young boy stuttered “W-What!? I- I don’t know how!! Yo-You didn’t teach me that!”

Putting my finger on my chin I hummed “Oh, hmmm I didn’t?”

As if something clicked the young boy turned red “Yo-YOu did it on purpose?!

Sticking my tongue out I laughed “I didn’t tell you to climb up”

The young boy clenched his fist and grit his teeth “Help me down right now?!

Waving my hand I laughed “Who do I look like? One of your servants? No way”

“You have to help me or they’ll know it was you!

Shrugging I turned to leave “So what”

“Bi-Big brother will hear and he’ll hate you!

Pausing in my steps I turned around “You wouldn’t dare”

Calming down the boy smiled “I would...try me”

Groaning I walked over and began to climb the tree watching me the boy’s eyes widened “Y-You!?

“What now? You’re so annoying”

“Y-You’re wearing a dress! You can't climb a tree in a dress!?

“Says who?! Do you want me to help you or not?

“Y-Yes”

“Then shut up!

Once I was sitting next to him I began to explain how to get down and the boy listened intently while looking down at the ground.

“Getting down is just like getting back up all you have to do is find a stable foothold and a stable place to grab so you can lower yourself onto that foothold”

“I understand the concept, it's just….”

Looking at the boy’s pale face I sighed “It’s ok I’m here”

Looking at me the boy’s eyes glowed and he nodded, feeling weird under his gaze I spoke “If anything happens I can run and get help….so you at least won’t die of blood loss”

The glow in the boy’s eyes dimmed slightly and he snorted “What kind of help is that...I don’t trust you”

“Hmm then stay up here”

Looking at me the boy rolled his eyes and began to make his way down slowly as I trailed after him, even after 10 minutes we were only a couple of branches below the one we had sat on, and I couldn’t help but complain “Wow you must have the patience of a saint”

“Sh-shut up”

Looking down at him I sighed “I’m going down before you”

As I passed him the boy suddenly grabbed my arm and looked at me panicked 

“Huh? uwahh!”

“WHY ARE YOU PULLING ME WITH YOU”

He missed a branch and started to fall, before I could process what had happened I had already wrapped him in my arms protecting his head with my hands. The fall didn’t hurt as much as I thought so I opened my eyes and was relieved to find we had fallen into the pile of leaves we gathered.

Hearing the ruckus the helpers of the house came in a rush and ripped him out of my arms and rushed him into the house, as I watched their backs retreating I scoffed thinking I caught him so he had no serious injuries except maybe a bruise on his elbow and knee, they aways overreact. 

Startled by the hand that reached over to me with a handkerchief I instinctively flinched, pausing slightly the maid bent on her knee and wiped my nose gently “Your nose is bleeding little one”

Looking at her seriously cleaning my nose I acted as if i didn't care and moved my head away from her wiping my nose with my arm “It's ok Emma it's just hot outside”

Emma nodded but held me still so she could finish wiping the blood away from my nose “I see, but it's still not good to wipe away things with your arms or hands” 

 

Grumbling I let her wipe my face and arms that were covered in dirt, after wiping me clean she suddenly stood up and bowed slightly “Hello eldest young master”

Not looking behind me I cursed in my mind, Shit Ugh I'm definitely in trouble now

A gentle voice rang out behind me “Why are you causing trouble again? 

Looking up at the source of the voice I was met with disapproving eyes, it was a young man with fuffy brown hair and black eyes.

Shifting my gaze away I smiled “Big brother actually I-”

Shaking his head he took my hand and pulled me inside the house not a word being said until we reached his study room. In the large study, I sat in an armchair head down staring at the floor while being scolded “What were you thinking?! I told you to stop messing around and to act properly!

Fiddling with my fingers I explained “Big brother I climbed the tree and then he followed me up”

“Do you think I don’t know that? …...haaaa”

Looking at the young man that was walking back and forth I smiled “Big brother I was just trying to play with brother”

Big brother’s expression fell and he sighed. “That was dangerous Eliza might come looking for you”

“That alright if she has another issue we can fight about it”

Big brother sighed “Little troublemaker, I don't want you near that woman”  The young man held his hand out to me and I quickly Jumped up from the chair. Turning I reached to grab my rabbit backpack and happily gripped his hand

“Where are we going today Big brother?

“I have to go meet some friends”

Opening my eyes I stared at the ceiling blankly and slowly raised my clenched hand, the feeling of his big palm holding my hand still lingered. A feeling of wonder came to me mixed with confusion. Still in a bit of a daze, I got up and began to get ready I tried to shake the feeling of loss I had from the dream and made my way outside. I was still sleepy as I boarded the bus and sat down but my thoughts only seemed to drift to the two kids in my dream, remembering the younger boy’s laughter brought a smile to my face but it slowly turned into a frown as I wondered, was it really just a dream?

 

Entering the classroom I looked around and quickly made my way toward a group of people, seeing me coming one of the girls stood up and opened her arms for a hug, laughing I hugged her. “Hey, Fay how was your weekend?

 

Fay was a head taller than me and had black short hair and bright hazel eyes that looked gorgeous with her Bronze skin tone. Her voice was light and airy as she asked instead “You look tired today, did you sleep late again?

Avoiding eye contact I hummed “mmm I didn’t go to sleep that late this time”

Looking at me Fay hummed “hmm doesn’t sound that convincing but ok, my weekend was meh” 

“eyy she probably stayed up reading again” Turning around Astrid’s violet eyes turned into crescents and her husky voice lightened slightly as she laughed

Giving her a side hug I laughed “You’re early today”

Astrid sighed dramatically “Ugh I woke up hella early” 

Fay chimed in “So that's why haha”

Sitting down beside me Astrid waved her hands “It's a pain in the ass but what can I do”

A stern voice sounded “If it bothers you so much you should try going to sleep earlier”

 Astrid sighed and slumped onto the desk “Oh I agree man, I’m trying but old habits die HARD”

The same stern voice echoed as Elara’s long brown hair swayed and she reached over and playfully swatted at astrid's arm “Drink more water too” 

Elara put her hand on her hips and directed her scolding to me  “You get sick easily too so you need to be careful”

 

Nodding along I smiled at her “It’s ok I feel better today”

 

 

Nodding Elara then turned around and started talking to Astrid and fay “I say we go get some coffee after class”

 

 

Fay nodded “Oh sounds yummy”

 

 

Astrid leaned on her arm and nodded “I’m ok with that too”

 

 

Smiling, I watched the three of them making plans, the rest of the day was monotone just like all the rest of them before and I only sighed in relief when the last class was over. I put my things away and rushed to wait for the others so we could go get some drinks. After going to eat and get coffee it was late and we all parted ways.

As I entered my apartment I sighed and put all my things down on the table, after a good shower I threw myself into bed, before I knew it I was sinking into dreamland. When I opened my eyes I was dazed to find I was at some kind of party, people were laughing and chatting and kids were standing around in fancy dresses and suits. Looking around I spotted my elder brother leaving the party area and followed after him but my body suddenly became really light and I had the sensation of falling, in a panic I sat up quickly breathing heavily. Feeling a stinging pain I held my head in my palm and was shocked to see blood when I put my hand down. At first, my ears were buzzing but I slowly began able to hear.

 

“THE ELDEST YOUNG MASTER IS GONE!!!

 

Hearing that the image of the young man flashed in my head and I struggled to get up, once I was standing I was stunned at the state of the house. Windows were broken and glass was everywhere the furniture was all thrown around and in pieces as if a bomb had gone off, the cause of my bleeding was the broken shards of glass that were around me from the broken window I had seemingly been thrown through. As I looked around the night sky was illuminated by the moonlight as if telling me to find the child. 

 

My feet hurt, my arms hurt and I wasn't able to cover the whole outside by myself. Even worse it had started to snow at some point and my body was growing cold, but I couldn't stop, No I wouldn't stop as I got closer and closer to the woods in the back of the house my heart started to freeze over little by little and everything was playing out in slow motion as if I was watching a movie. As I turned the corner of the house what came into view made my heart completely freeze.

 

I started to run I couldn't even feel my body all I felt was rage and I could feel myself trembling as I yelled “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!

 

The young man, No My older brother was limp as two men tried to drag him into a car he was clearly out of it but his hand was gripping onto the door his fingers bleeding as he put up as much of a fight as he could, hearing my shout his eyes looked over and widened in horror. Without thinking I ran over and began trying to tug my elder brother away from the two men seeing my intention one of the men kicked me away causing me to fall. Seeing the situation turning for the worse I saw my older brother stop resisting.

 

Hot tears streamed down my eyes as I got back up, “NO BIG BROTHER NO PLEASE!!!

 

Suddenly my vision shifted and I was standing over a younger version of myself one of the men had knocked me out and left me in the yard, in a daze I noticed the gorgeous princess-style dress and expensive jewelry younger me was wearing the only thought was, This doesn't make sense I never got to wear such fancy dresses much less such expensive jewelry. The sound of an engine caught my attention as the car sped off onto a rugged path in the forest. 

 

Without thinking I followed the car and actually caught up my body seemed to have gone through the car like a ghost, inside the car my older brother seemed to be in pain his eyes were clenched closed, I sat by him and reached out my hand to stroke his head and mumbled “It'll be ok, I’m here”

 

 The man in the passenger seat turned startled and yelled “WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU!?

Startled I looked down and realized my weight was making the seat sink and I was no longer transparent, before I could say anything the car swerved dangerously and the driver began to yell “ITS A GHOST ITS A FUCKING GHOST”

 

The other man began to yell “STOP SWERVING!

 

As I reached for the door the car suddenly hit something and descended into water I didn't manage to open the door so I began to panic I stood up but was pushed out of the car by the waves, startled I swam to the door trying to grab the handle but my hands became transparent again “ ARE YOU KIDDING ME STOP FUCKING AROUND! OPEN”

 

As I struggled a hand came from behind me and reached for the handle pulling it violently the person opened the door and fished my older brother out swimming him to safety. I followed after them and reappeared on top of a worn-out bridge overlooking a huge lake, hearing a splash I looked over and was relieved to see the man dragging my older brother to the shore, but the happiness was short-lived as a familiar car drove to them. The low profile black cars window rolled down and a refined woman sat inside as she sneered  “Those idiots, I told them to get rid of him somewhere further away, where he wouldn't be found make sure you take GOOD care of him”

 

Rage burned my body “ELIZA” 

1