Ch.3 It was supposed to be a dream
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch.3 It was supposed to be a dream


Once I opened my eyes I blinked slowly then sat up and moved my sore neck, I sat in silence for a long time before I got up to get my things ready to leave the house. Maybe I should have taken the day off but I knew if I stayed home alone I would go crazy. I couldn't control my thoughts, I was in confusion why did I have these kinds of dreams? Was I watching too many shows that I've started dreaming of random dramatic scenarios?

I walked into the room just as the class started and rushed to sit down, Fay looked at me concern clear in her eyes and she patted my back as I sat down. I gave her a slight smile and turned to take my things out of my bag. The class seemed to pass in a blink of an eye and I felt as if nothing stuck sighing I got up getting ready to leave. Feeling a tug on my jacket I looked down at Fay “What’s up?

 

Fay stared at me eyes showing concern “Are you ok?

 

For a split second my expression fell but I quickly replaced it with a smile “I’m fine I just stayed up too late last night”

 

Fay stood up and tugged me to walk with her “Let's go get drinks”

 

Sitting in a little cozy coffee shop I sipped on the chamomile tea Fay bought me. She had gone to get napkins and was standing at the counter chatting up a storm with her friend. Shaking my head I chuckled “so energetic”

 

“Global sensations LuNar, The boy band from Stellar had a scandal recently but it was quickly dealt with….. The scandal was caused by the speech made at…….”

 

“I bought cookies too….Hey”

 

Startled I looked away from the tv and looked up at Fay “Huh?

 

Sitting down fay raised an eyebrow at me “What had you in a trance?

 

Looking back at the tv I explained “That um…group from Stellar LuNar they-”

 

Fay turned to the tv on the wall behind her and hummed “Ah they got really popular recently they were always popular in stellar but now even here they've made a big wave”

 

Nodding my head I agreed “I’m glad….They deserved it”

 

Pausing in her actions Fay looked at me in disbelief “Are you sure you're ok?

 

“Huh? What do you mean?

 

Straightening up Fay explained “Your expression just now looked like you were going to cry”

 

Gripping the cup tightly with one hand I raised the other to my face “Oh…R-Really?”

 

Sipping her drink Fay looked at me then put her cup down “Are you having a tough time?

 

Laughing I nodded “Of course not, I’m just sleepy”

 

Fay walked me to my bus stop and waved at me as I got on before walking back home. Sitting on the bus I became lost in thought thinking of the words Fay had said. I tried my best to rack my brain thinking -Did I use to listen to LuNar? Why would I say that like if I did….but then are there blanks in my memory? I feel like im losing my mind-

Arriving home I didn't turn on the lights and stood in the doorway. My apartment was small with a little kitchen at the entrance along with a little living space between the kitchen and my room. My bedroom was separated from the living room with a sliding door, the panels of the glass were frosted and there was a tiny balcony that you could see from the door. I had never been so grateful for being able to see my whole apartment from the door before. Sighing I turned on the lights and began to shuffle around cleaning up the mess of books from last night. After finishing tidying up I began to prepare to sleep as I passed by my desk I grabbed my computer and sat in bed.

 

Getting onto the streaming sight Ethereal Star I went to the search bar and typed in LuNar, waiting for a bit a lot of songs and related videos popped up and I decided to click on the latest video a soft and melancholy tune played, and 5 voices blended giving an unreal harmony, but "ISNT THIS TOO DEPRESSING?! Wiping my eyes I was in disbelief.

 

“A song made me cry…….what is this” clenching my fist I looked at the 5 guys in the video and couldn't shake the familiar feeling “So I guess I did listen to them back then and probably forgot?

 

Not convinced I found an updated playlist and began binge watch their videos without me realizing I fell into a deep sleep. In my sleep, I began to hear talking.

 

“Based on the information who do you think we should back?

 

“Miss?

 

Opening my eyes I realized I was sitting at the head of a large rectangular table with several other people at my side. My body moved on its own and I couldn't control what I said. It's as if I was watching a movie through my own eyes. I could feel my body move forward in the chair.

 

“I already gave you a list of the groups I plan to sponsor”

 

“B-But you only chose a handful of groups, that won't work”

 

My eyebrow raised and I asked “Won't work? Why’s that?

 

One of the old men in the room slapped the table in anger “You being an outsider and not from our country you wouldn't know but this industry makes up more than 80% of the income for Stellar, what your saying right now is you only want to sponsor a mere 5 groups?!

 

Chuckling I put my chin on my hands “Yes Why? I only sponsor groups that fit my standards”

 

Another man with a brown suit spoke up “That's ridiculous?! Looking at the state of things how can you say that?!

 

Leaning back lazily I sighed “How is the fact you are in hot water for mistreating your Idols my fault? I see why you refused to sign my contract”

 

Red from anger one of the other men with all white hair yelled “Contract!? Bah! Who would sign a contract where you get full power over all says in the company?

 

Fired up by the mention of the contract a heated argument started.

 

“HA one of the terms was to be allowed to do a background check for everyone in the company!? No trust in us at all”

 

“That's right! And what?! Sign over all copyright of the chosen groups?! HA as if!

 

“That's nothing compared to having no say in the creative process unless asked by the idols!?? HAHAHA In their dreams!

 

“With all that then what would be the point of being in a company?!

 

“That's right the idols need us!

 

Tapping my nails on the table I raised my voice “Silence!

 

Many looked like they still had a lot to say but swallowed it back and sat down once they spotted the man standing behind my chair.

 

Glancing to my right I nodded at the man beside me and he stepped forward handing me a black folder. Then he stepped back to his position again.

 

Narrowing my eyes I tapped my finger on the folder “First of all, You're right I don't trust you-”

 

“See?!

“You dare-”

 

“Just because you have a strong backer-

 

Raising my hand I sneered “second the Idols do not need you, you need them. There seems to be a misunderstanding the companies are here to seek talent and provide them with resources to shine, not so the companies will take advantage of them”

 

Hearing this silence descended in the room but was quickly broken by a burst of laughter.

 

“Hahahhahha we take advantage you say? Aren't they the ones benefiting regardless? Your sense of reality is warped sweetheart the world doesn't work like that”

 

“Aya this is why the younger generation will fail, such unrealistic beliefs”

 

“Look here Miss, we understand you have so much money you don't know where else to spend it besides clothes and shopping but this industry is no place for an outsider much less a little girl like you”

 

Nodding I smiled “You're right I indeed have soooo much money, isn't that why you came wagging your tails and begging me to sponsor your groups”

 

Chaos ensued at my words and many stood up in anger. The man standing behind me took a few steps forward and stood next to me, His deep voice echoed in the room.

 

“The meeting is over, take your leave”

 

Curses and arguments could be heard as the men exited the room. Once the space was empty the tall man placed his hand on my chair and spun it around to face him. The man was taller than me by a couple of inches, muscular with black slicked back hair and black eyes. He wore a black suit with no tie.

 

“You started an argument again”

 

Shrugging my shoulders I responded “They always pick a fight”

 

Shaking his head he squatted in front of me “Still you know what they say about you”

 

Looking at him seriously I explained “You know they will always argue against me”

 

Looking into my eyes he said “I know but…the recent rumor is…not good”

 

Motioning him to get up I also stood up and stretched “If it's for my brother I can do anything”

 

Shaking his head Isao explained “But did you have to beat him in front of others?

 

Looking at him I chuckled “Is that what they're saying happened?

 

Isao walked behind me with a sigh “Is it true or not that you hit him?

 

Laughing I explained “I mean yes but I think it's funny that kicking his shin counts as “Beating” him”

 

“That….”

 

Once again I felt my vision fade to black and my body became light. I seemed to have been pulled by an invisible force, black faded into white and I could finally see what was in front of me. I was sitting in a dimly lit room at a round table covered in purple cloth. I felt something hard and cold and I reached up to touch my face, my small fingers met with cold metal and I realized I was wearing a mask that covered the top half of my face leaving only my chin and mouth exposed. A noise sounded and light flooded the room but was quickly engulfed by the dark when the door was closed.

A man wearing an expensive suit stood at the door and slowly made his way to the table, taking a moment to stare at me the man then looked around and finally sat down. The man’s features were hard to see due to the dim lights but I could tell he had wrinkles and was an older gentleman I kept silent and observed the man’s reactions.

 

Glancing at me again the man looked nervous “S-So where is she?

 

Tilting my head I asked “Who?

 

Fidgeting in his seat the man spoke “I’m here to see Violeta”

 

Leaning forward I nodded “You're speaking to her”

 

Shocked the man leaned back “B-But you're a c-child….I've never heard that you were so youn-”

 

Chuckling I joked “Thanks for telling me I didn't notice”

 

Hesitating the man asked “Are you really the Witch- I mean Violeta?

 

Leaning back I hummed “Indeed I’m that infamous witch”

 

Smirking at him I narrowed my purple eyes “Now…what is it that you seek Mr chairman”

 

With a grim expression, the man spoke with a trembling voice “Please save my company”

 

Grinning I put my hands on the table and clasped my fist “What price are you willing to pay?”

 

“A-Anything! I'll give you anything you want!

 

As the man left I kept my eyes on his back until the door was closed. Suddenly from the shadows, a woman wearing all black stepped forward, giving her a glance I handed her the black folder. The woman with dark purple hair and violet eyes stared at the door before she spoke slowly “So that's why you insisted to meet him instead of me….But is it ok”

 

Getting up I shook my head “He won say anything about me, if he does people would begin to wonder what kind of help he asked for”

 

Violet looked at me and spoke “That's true...But please let me be your Proxy in situations like this it's dangerous”

 

Shaking my head I moved the giant curtain on the wall revealing a door “It's fine I know my limits”

 

Violet followed after me and questioned “So what is the plan?

 

Taking off the mask and placing it in the cabinet I turned to one of the men in the hall “Indigo send some people to the chairman and make sure you take one of the girls to watch over the child”

 

“Yes ma’am”

 

Smiling I stretched my arms “Time to prepare the kingdom for the Forsaken prince”

 

Waking up my body felt sore and I had no strength to get up, reaching for my phone I began to look up some things that didn't make sense to me. I lay in bed scrolling on my phone for a long time and just as I was about to give up my finger froze on a picture of an old man. The old man had more wrinkles and had gained more weight but “ISNT THIS THE MAN FROM MY DREAM?!! Jolting up I rushed for my computer and quickly threw myself back on my bed. I quickly looked into the man and stumbled upon an article.

 

The Chairman of Spirit electronics steps down and hands the company over to his 21-year-old son!?

When asked about his sudden retirement the chairman Mr.James clarified his first son was always his first option contrary to what others have said about him trying to hand down the company to his 19-year-old son Junas.

Unlike Junas, Jade has never been seen in the media and seemed to be hidden away now whether it was to snuff his chances of being the next chairman or simply because they wanted to protect Jade as the real next in line for the company is still discussed amongst the normal folks like us.

Many have already said there must have been something that happened that we don't know about, seeing as Jade finally made his first appearance alongside bodyguards at the last hearing of the company and seemed to completely disregard his father.

Searching the whole of the internet I only found one super blurry picture of Jade where you could only vaguely see his golden locks and deep green eyes. Thinking hard while looking at his picture an image started to appear in my mind of a young kid around 10 years old with golden hair and green eyes filled with tears speaking in a milky voice “S-Sister do I r-really have to l-learn to f -fight?

 

Staring at my computer in a daze I mumbled “N-No way…..no it can't be…that's impossible”

 

Getting up I paced around my room while biting my nails mumbling to myself “No…This isn't real….It was a dream…It was supposed to be a dream”

 

My hands dropped to my sides and I slowly sunk to the floor holding my head “This is crazy…why now?? Why….How did you forget...MY BROTHER!!

 

Getting up I started pulling at my hair “Big Brother Ryo did he get out? What happened to him” A sob escaped my lips “No….no I can't remember anything please remember….remember I have to remember…I promised him…Please”

 

Opening my eyes I was laying in a white room glancing at my hand I realized I had an IV inserted in my arm I clenched my teeth, and covered my eyes with my arm. Walking in slowly Fay shushed the other girls and made her way to the bed. “I knew you weren't ok, you’re lucky Elara went to check up on you”

 

Collecting my expression I slowly took my arm off my face “Thank you”

 

Elara stepped up to the bed with a frown “Youre definitely not ok….why didn't you say anything”

 

Astrid patted Elara on the shoulder and shook her head “She probably has her reasons don't push too much”

 

Looking at their worried faces I felt a bit of guilt in the pit of my stomach “I....I’m sorry”

 

The girls accompanied me home and took me out to shop for groceries before heading to my apartment, they busied themselves in the kitchen while I lay down in bed. I knew they were here to keep me company and scared to leave me alone but right now I honestly just wanted to be alone to sort my thoughts. I held it in until the sun was setting and they packed up to get going, seeing them off I put on a smile and slowly closed the door.

Silence overtook the apartment and I made my way to my bed sat down at the edge and stared blankly out of my window. My head was blank as I tried to calm myself down. The rays of the sun shone into the apartment and a golden ray hit my face causing me to close my eyes, suddenly I heard a deep soothing voice and felt someone hug me gently from behind “It's ok… I finally found you so don't cry I will always be with you from now on

 

Snapping my eyes open I stared blankly at my ceiling and slowly sat up feeling something slip from my chest I looked down and grabbed the yellow blanket that was about to fall to the floor.

 

“What the fuck is going on”

 

 

People came and went in a rush, a young lady ran dodging people as she held a shiny jacket in her arms. As she approached a door she slowed down her pace and lightly knocked. A tall young man with short silver hair unevenly parted with strong facial features opened the door and his blue sapphire eyes crinkled as he smiled. “I'll take it”

 

The girl nodded and thanked him “Ok I still have a lot to do thank you Zen”

 

Nodding Zen chuckled “No problem”

 

Closing the door Zen approached a young man sitting on the couch in the corner of the room. The young man had dark brown hair parted at his forehead strong features but a soft chin and was leaning back on the couch with his eyes closed. As if feeling Zen approach the young man opened his yellow gem-like eyes and sat up straight slowly.

 

Standing in front of him Zen asked “Jinyu did you-”

 

Looking up Jinyu smiled and his eyes glowed “I saw her Zen…I finally found her”

 

Surprise flashed in Zen’s eyes and he couldn't help the rising of his lips “Finally”

 

 


Disclaimer-This is a work of fiction and any events in this story similar to real-life events are just coincidences.

Also yes some things are inspired by kpop and the culture around it but I did not have a particular group or anything in mind when making this story, I thought this concept would be interesting, and if you're confused GREAT! because my idea was you find out things as our MC finds out things kinda like a detective haha also because there are too many mysteries to not be confusing. As always thank you for reading and let me know what you think!

 

0