Chapter 30: Demonstration of Power
56 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Hello, Azu here! So I've gone back over both all the chapters I posted here and on Webnovel, in order to do some editing to correct the very obvious and embarrassing grammatical flaws. I also did some reformatting in terms of storytelling and refined the Image of Cornith I had in mind.

Next is an invite link to my discord server where you can get updates on releases and see any of the character pics I have on hand; https://discord.gg/JDVN5PC 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter, I plan to pretty firmly stick to a release schedule of two a week.

With this exit from Haitus, I plan to dedicate my primary focus to writing as it truly is one of the greatest joys of my life.

Hey guys its Tim.

Sorry for disappearing on everyone right after making my debut and Azu's previous comment about posting 2-3 chapters a week.

It's just that we both had a really hectic year, which completely derailed our plans.

From now on we're going to be doing our best to keep such interruptions to a minimum; and as an apology six chapters will be released over the course of the next week before we truly settle into a rhythm of 2 chapters a week.

Okay, so now that apologies are out of the way where did I leave off last time...

Oh, I remember; Hikaru, Seraphina, and Green Feather, had just encountered Selena (who you will get to see again in the future) and some others before the situation took a turn for what some would consider the worse.

Seeing as that’s the case why don’t we pick up from right after Seraphina and Hikaru initially leapt into the fray...

***

In less than five seconds Seraphina and Hikaru had rendered all of their initial targets unable to engage in battle.

And as a result, they turned their attention towards the backline experts who Green Feather had been keeping at bay all by her lonesome.

But just as the two of them were about to launch another series of attacks; the five groups of Tier 9 and 10 experts who had previously remained stationary decided they could no longer do so.

As such three of the groups set into action voluntarily, while the other two remained vigilant in the very real case that David and the rest of his Companions were in the Dungeon, if not on route to that very cavern.

The Tier 9 individuals from East Zeln composed a party of four which moved in conjunction to surround Hikaru.

Said party was composed of; two Mages, an Assassin, and a Knight.

One of the mages created a magic barrier to isolate his movement, while the other began to launch ranged attacks in his direction, the assassin faded into the shadows, and the knight charged toward him.

Seeing the group take action against him, Hikaru came to an abrupt stop and gave a small smirk as he defended against the Mage's attacks. He then channeled his power into his sword and launched numerous blades of light in the direction of both of the mages as well as the charging knight.

The mages were largely unaffected, having taken defensive measures beforehand, but the knight was forced to defend himself with blade lights of his own.

Hikaru took the presented opportunity and transformed back into a stream of light shooting straight towards the knight.

On the other side, Seraphina was acted upon by those from West Zeln, who also composed a party of four; but included a single Mage, two Assassins, and a Gunslinger who was also a superbly skilled hand-to-hand combatant with great physical strength.

When they approached, she acted without hesitation, morphing her long sword into countless flakes of scorching flames that swarmed her enemies, attacking them from all sides.

The Assassins did their best to evade the flames, the Mage defended with a barrier, and the Gunslinger disregarded the flames completely rushing forwards and throwing a punch straight towards her solar plexus. 

In response, Seraphina turned to the side evading the punch before engaging him in a tangled fight while splitting off a part of her focus to keep the others occupied with her flames. 

Finally, there was Green Feather who was surrounded by those Tier 9 experts from the Vulerian Dynasty composed of 5; an Assassin, a Mage, two Archers, and the man that had previously been dismissed by Green Feather who was a low-to-mid ranked Tier 10 Magic Swordsman.

Seeing those at the 7th Tier set into action, the remaining individuals at the 6th forming the previous backline withdrew.

The mage immediately set up an Isolation Barrier while the Archers began to launch arrows possessing pinpoint accuracy and various abilities.

In response she reached out and formed countless gales in her surroundings, interfering with the arrows' ability to arc through the air according to the Archers' intentions.

Seeing this the Magic Swordsman acted, coating his blade in Mana and swinging it forward, destroying the numerous gales before rushing forwards.

Green Feather didn't bother paying much attention to the others as the gales automatically sprang back into existence; opting instead to turn her attention to the Magic Swordsman.

As he rapidly approached her, she smoothly took on a grappling stance.

Once she did so and locked her indifferent gaze upon him; he froze.

He felt a monstrous aura bear down upon him as he became exceedingly aware of his surroundings and felt an unprecedented closeness to death.

At that moment he was made aware that he had encountered a true monster, someone in an entirely separate class of existence.

But it was already too late for him to change the outcome of this encounter his earlier pompous behavior, although having been ignored, sealed his fate.

And he knew it, even as countless thoughts suddenly flashed across his head in that instant, as Green Feather had made her move.

Before he could do anything, she grabbed his wrist, disarmed him, and moved to break his arm in several places simultaneously, before throwing him upwards into the air with minimal effort.

She then calmly stood and watched his ascent upwards alongside his eventual collision with the cavern ceiling.

Seeing this, his Party members acted quickly in an effort to prevent Green Feather from taking further action.

But the ranged attacks released by the Mage and Archer were all continually blocked, and the Assassin's forward advance was prevented by the surrounding gales, and the remaining Tier 9 and 10 individuals were too far away to react as the following events took place.

Green Feather locked gazes with the man and he felt his heart come to an abrupt halt.

In that moment he pleaded with his eyes for her not to kill him.

Her only response was silence as she pointed her index finger in his direction and the air particles in his immediate vicinity fell under her command, morphing into countless atom-sized bullets moving at unparalleled speeds that bombarded him in a seemingly unending stream, eliciting an endless series of explosive booms as they crashed into his suit of armor.

Fortunately for the man his armor was made from a high-tier alloy, and as such exhibited exemplary defensive strength preventing him from experiencing the full penetrative power of the attacks head-on.

But even as that was the case, he still suffered severe internal injuries as his armor failed to fully absorb the explosive impact behind the attacks.

As the man was brought under assault by Green Feather cracks spread across the cavern's ceiling and he was pushed further into its recesses.

It was only at this point that the man's teammates managed to break through Green Feather's barrier and launch attacks in her direction.

In that same moment, the Tier 9 individuals from The Adventures' Guild and Brimstone Empire leaped into action, the close combatants leading the charge with their weapons drawn.

As they neared her, Green Feather turned her attention back to them and was about to activate her World Heart in an effort to make quick work of her opponents.

But in that same moment, a spatial gate appeared within everyone's field of vision which David stepped out of with Erena and the others in tow.

Seeing the current state of affairs David decided that instead of having Dhara join the already heated battle, it would be best if he just brought his people and left before things spiraled too far out of control.

This notion was further supported by several rather powerful presences he felt approaching the cavern entrance.

As such he stretched his hand forward and spoke, "Room."

Following his actions, a sphere of pale silvery-white light expanded outwards from his palm alongside a small gale of wind, quickly reaching a radius of between two to three hundred miles before coming to a stop.

David then followed up by saying, "Teleport."

He, Aurelia, Erena, Green Feather, Hikaru, Seraphina, and Dhara then immediately disappeared from the cavern and reappeared atop a hill around 200 miles southwest.

Everyone aside from Hikaru and Seraphina who appeared in relatively compromising positions, due to the fact that they had been engaged in pretty intense battles when they were shifted from one spatial location to another unexpectedly, was unperturbed, (though Dhara was a little shocked by David's display).

After surveying both everyone's situation and their surroundings David waved his hand and dispersed the 'Room'.

He then looked at his companions and asked, "Do you guys want to hoof it Kand, or teleport?"

"How far is it again?" Hikaru asked as he picked himself up from the ground, he had just face-planted on and sheathed his sword.

"A twenty to thirty-minute flight that way." David pointed northwest as he responded.

"In that case, I say we just fly.” Green Feather spoke.

"I agree, it’s an unnecessary risk to teleport directly to the city.” Seraphina offered in response.

Seeing no dissent amongst the rest of the group, David nodded his head and spoke, “It's settled then.”

He then led the way in unfurling his wings before taking flight in the direction of Kand.

 

0