Chapter 35: A Man Called Noah
30 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once they were a sufficient distance from the city Bruno summoned a massive steel gray bird resemblant of a bald eagle.

The bird had a wingspan of 100 meters and a length of 30 meters.

Its name was Haruna and it was a Tier 8 Devaum with the Bloodline of the Heaven Soaring Eagle, a Bloodline just below those of Celestial Fae.

Its Bloodline was rather thin when he initially contracted it but he had been investing in methods to purify it and was close to achieving his goal. 

Once he did she Would instantly ascend to Tier 9 and gain the ability to take on Human Form.

After he summoned the bird his group climbed aboard its back.

Haruka then rose into the skies and started moving in the direction of The Emerald Forest, under the mental guidance of Bruno.

***

As Haruna was flying at a very casual speed, they didn't come within sight of the forest until around two hours.

As they approached the forest Haruna slowed down before landing just outside of the forest.

After they landed Bruno and the others hopped off of her back before he released the Summoning.

They then entered the tree line and ascended to the crown of one of the trees, all of which were massive, making them feel like ants.

Bruno then pulled out a map and performed some mental calculations before leading them deeper into the forest, heading for a section that was located around a few thousand miles away.

They moved forward for several hours making a beeline for their destination, disregarding the presence of the various creatures they came across as none of the creatures were a threat.

As they made it deeper into the forest on one side of the mountain range Sabrina and the others progressed deeper into The Forest of Eternal Night on the other side and eventually began their confrontation with the Orcs.

As a result, they eventually began to feel the aftershocks of the second group's battle due to the power that the various attacks unleashed.

Around five hours after they entered the forest they came within eyesight of the coordinates that Bruno had Divined previously.

Soon after that, they heard a massive explosion resound on the other side of the mountain range.

Several seconds after that they felt the Spatial Laws experience a small disturbance and saw Portal begin to form at their destination.

Seeing that they sped up, and were only a hundred or so meters away when Sabrina's group came through.

As the Portal disappeared they slowed down and were basically walking when the opposite individuals overcame the discomfort caused by long-distance space travel.

In the following moment exclaimed, "Yo!" Before continuing on, "Long time no see."

Hearing that the group of five instantly turned in the direction of his group with their guards up.

Their tension was palpable.

But once they recognized who was approaching them their expressions contorted in shock.

Seeing this he gave a small chuckle and said "Boo."

Causing them to jump slightly before their shocked expressions converted to one of agitation with Bruno's actions.

The three who had been traveling with him gave wry smiles and resisted the urge to chuckle.

Sabrina's glowed at Bruno before Marcus eventually took the lead to ask, "Why are you here?"

"Because we knew you would be," Bruno answered.

"How?" Elizabeth asked.

"That's a long story that we can save for after we get back to Locke, and the five of you get showered." Bruno offered.

"I think that's a good idea." Elena said before continuing, "Because not to be rude or anything, but the five of you are covered in monster gunk, and look like you could use some food."

She wasn't wrong as they had just slayed upwards of fifty thousand monsters, and it wasn't a particularly clean battle.

Taking note of this and realizing that they were in fact a little peckish, with the pair's reasoning and followed the group out of the forest.

This time the group moved quicker than previously and left the forest in just under two hours.

By this time the sun had long since set and the view of the expanse above offered when they left the forest was breathtaking, to say the least.

Once they were out Bruno resummoned Haruna and the group climbed back onto her back with the addition of five new companions.

She then took flight and under Bruno's urging she was much quicker than she was on the trip to the forest and reached the vicinity of Locke in just below half an hour.

They then entered the city which was reasonably active evening during twilight hours and returned to the Inn.

Sabrina's crew then showered and put on new sets of clothes.

When they returned from their rooms there was food waiting and they immediately dug in.

As they did Bruno began to recount the events which lead his group to this point with some input from from the other three.

Since a great deal of this is going to be covered in later chapters I won't go into significant detail but I will give you the long and short.

After the discussion Bruno's group had after their initial arrival on Cornith, they followed the plan they had established and began to Dungeon Dive on an almost daily basis, refining their teamwork, Bloodlines, and various Affinities and Skills.

Several months into this David came to find them.

He divulged a great deal of his plans and circumstances to them and suggested that they continue on with their plan, and make their ultimate destination Normandy, where they would be of great help to Emily and Akane.

They agreed with his proposition, and continued Dungeon Diving before embarking on their journey, making many friends along the way and eventually winding up in Locke where they rested for a few days before retrieving Sabrina's group.

As they finished telling the tale of their journey, the other five took a moment to absorb it all and think it over.

As per usual Marcus was the first to speak, "So basically, David was chosen by one of the most powerful beings to ever exist and tasked by said being to Unite the entirety of the Human Realm and its various Sub Realms. And the fate of countless lives hinges on him fulfilling roles and tasks entrusted to him."

"And furthermore if we want to be of any significant use, repay the debts we owe him, or even go home, we must become more powerful than the supposed "Gods" who created this World?"

"Affirmative." Bruno nodded in confirmation before asking with a small smirk, "But that makes it all the more interesting doesn't it?"

"It does." Marcus nodded with a wicked grin spreading across his face.

A look that was reciprocated by the others.

Like David, they had grown tired of the monotony that was their daily life before they came to Cornith.

As such by accompanying David on this journey, they could see so much more of the world.

They could satiate their curiosity.

They could fight new opponents and explore new frontiers.

As similar thoughts crossed everyone's minds Bruno looked at everyone present before saying, "As these three know, David knows someone in the Vail Empire who can get us to Normandy, but it'll take several months at the very least. Seeing as you guys are a couple of Tiers below us, and we may prove to be subpar when we next meet David, I suggest we hit several of the more high-ranked Dungeons on the way there."

Everyone thought about it for a moment before conveying their agreeance.

"Awesome." Bruno stayed with a smile.

Everyone finished dinner and went to take care of their own things, all of them filled with a renewed sense of vigor.

Determined to push themselves and reach untold heights so that they could participate in the chaos soon to envelop a World that was much bigger than they initially thought possible.

***

The next day they left Locke and began traveling in the direction of Vail Empire, exploring any Dungeon or Danger Zone they thought remotely challenging, furthering their abilities and teamwork at an insane rate.

Five months later they entered the Dominion of the Vail Empire as they headed for the Imperial Capital of the Empire.

In the process they destroyed many Dungeons, and killed just as many powerful Demonic Beast, amassing a staggering amount of resources and materials.

Eventually, they made it to the capital and began their search for a man called Noah.

***

Introductory Arc End

The next chapter begins the House of Pendragon Arc.

0