Chapter 36: Arrival In Kent
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

House of Pendragon Arc Soft Start

***

The group completed a constant, flight with zero breaks and crossed the border between Kent and Western Zeln in the early afternoon.

Once the actual city of Kent was within sight they began to slow their speed of travel.

The city was located inside the Elven Forest, which extended way beyond the borders of the Elven Empire and into the territories of Western Zeln and the Vulerian Dynasty.

It was a terraced city of square shape and genuinely astronomical size centered around a series of mountain ranges surrounded by a vast forest.

The highest level, also known as the central district, of the city, was spread amongst the mountain tops which were flattened in some places through the use of magic.

This level was where Morgana and her adoptive children resided alongside their direct subordinates as well as their close allies when said allies visited the city.

It is also where most of the highest-ranked powers established their branch headquarters.

Individuals with a Profession of Ancient Grade or higher lived and worked here.

The second level from the top was known as the inner district and was carved into the sides of the mountains.

Most affluent people and anyone with a Profession between the 6th and 8th step/circle lived and worked here.

And the third level was the outer district which was built into the base of the mountains.

People with Professions ranked between 4 and 6 often resided here.

While more of the city was spread throughout the depths of the forest surrounding and in between the mountain ranges.

This is where everyone else resided.

This was known as the free district where most Adventures, Pirates, and other less well-known and successful citizens lived.

The city itself was surrounded by several layers of sky-high and several hundred-meter-thick walls.

When they were within 100 30 or so kilometers of the city's southern gate they descended below the tree line and began running towards the walls, as both this region around the walls and the entirety of the city were a no-fly-zone.

When they finally reached the city they had to wait in line for an hour or two in order to gain entry as there was a long line of people trying to get in.

When it was finally their turn to verify their identity and pay the entrance fee David handed over the money and his Mage Association Identification Token.

Whereas Erena handed over her Guild Card, and Aurelia and the others handed over their Warrior Association Identity Tokens.

The Mage and Warrior Associations as implied were organizations that catered to the two categories of professions.

They provided market services, sold techniques, skills, and pieces of equipment specialized for the targeted professions, conducted Rank and ability assessments, and served as a major avenue through which to secure the identification and backing necessary to enter Major Cities and Special Venues.

Seeing the level of their identification tokens they were given immediate access and teleported to the part of the central district where most Inns were established.

If you couldn't tell by now Kent had a very obvious and strict social hierarchy.

After they arrived the group secured lodging, where they showered.

They then went on a brief tour of the Central and Inner Districts before returning to their suite and retiring to bed.

***

The following day David woke up at the break of dawn, showered, and got dressed.

He then ate a breakfast consisting of a few of the fruits native to Cornith and some Jerry sourced from Demonic Beasts.

By the time he had completed all of that, it was already past seven. 

He then left the Inn and made his way towards the teleportation house they arrived through yesterday and traveled to the part of the district where the Auction House was, taking in the picturesque cityscape as he did.

He arrived at his destination around half an hour after he had left the Inn, arriving just as the people working the counters switched shifts.

The Auction House had golden gates inscribed with numerous Magic Circles which swung inward and were manned by several dozen guards decked out with impressive equipment who observed their surroundings intently with stoic expressions.

The inside of the Auction House was intricately designed and had numerous people milling about.

David made his way to one of the reception desks and joined the line as he awaited his turn.

"Good morning!" The attractive brunette with fair skin and forest green eyes located behind the counter asked spoke when it was finally his turn, before asking, "How can I help you?"

"Good morning to you as well," He returned the greeting,

he then presented his Identity Token which identified him as a World Grade Summoner and asked, "Who would I talk to about putting some items up for the upcoming Empyrean Auction."

The receptionist took a moment to peruse him before asking, "Can you confirm the items are at least of Legendary Grade?"

She then continued on, "Because if it is not we will not be accepting it for this auction as the item list has already been finalized and approved."

"I can." He replied simply.

"Good. Just a moment then." She said with a smile before sending a pulse of Mana through one of the Magic Circles inscribed on the underside of the counter.

Several seconds later another young maiden, this one appearing to be both slightly younger and more beautiful, approached from the inner region of the Auction House.

This one had firey red hair, pale blue eyes, pink lips, and a delicate face decorated with an endearing array of freckles.

She was around 5'10 and had a slender, yet voluptuous physique.

She wore a frilly white blouse, a black knee-length skirt and stockings, black boots that came up to her thighs, and a black blazer, necktie, and leather gloves.

Her long her was tied into a five-strand braid.

There was an ahoge standing up from the center of her head which made her strict appearance feel rather charming.

Due to his Passive Ability 《Eye of Aletheia》when he looked at her he saw the following:

[Name: Astrid La Fey Pendragon

Age: ???

Race/Species: Imperial True Phoenix

Rank: 11

Level: 73

Profession(s): ???

Vitality: ???

Divinity Reserves: ???

Strength: ???

Defense: ???

Agility: ???

Speed: ???

Stamina: ???

Intelligence: ???

Health: ???

Life Span: ???

Divine Armament: ???

Inherent Abilities: ???

Affinities: Divine Flame, Divine Punishment, Pentacolored Flame, Planetary Core, Cloudburst, Solar, Immortality, Reincarnation,]

Due to the Rank differential, as well as several other factors, unless he made more of an effort that was all he would be able to see.

Thus she remained largely a mystery, but he knew enough about her to know he should be careful around her, and that she was one of Morgana's children.

Which meant if he formed a good relationship with her he would have an in with the candidate Noah had informed him of.

After she appeared, Astrid observed him for a brief moment attempting to utilize her own appraisal skill on him.

But it was blocked by his Passive Ability 《Unseen》.

Such a result shocked her, but it didn't show on her face.

She then turned to the receptionist who called out, "Good morning ma'am,"

Astrid's stoic expressions broke briefly as she smiled and said, "Good morning to you as well Fiona," before asking, "What did you call me here for?"

Astrid was an Executive of the Pendragon Trading Firm and was in charge of the Auction Houses.

She personally oversaw the auction house in Kent and was rather busy right now seeing as the Empyrean Auction would be taking place in a week and she had a lot to see to.

Fiona was aware of this so Astrid assumed she had something important to inform her of.

The receptionist, Fiona, smiled and indicated toward David, "This man would like to put up some items for auction, I already confirmed that they were at least of Legendary Grade."

Fiona had the ability to tell whether someone was telling the truth and was actually the chief receptionist, chosen due to said ability and was usually in charge of vetting the people claiming to have higher-end items.

Hearing this Astrid's eyes flashed and she once more appraised, David this time with a much more serious light in her eyes.

They had already selected/confirmed several dozen Legendary items for the upcoming auction.

But, that failed to lessen the degree of importance each of said items should be addressed with.

As the items were supremely difficult to acquire usually evaluated at tens of thousands of Amethyst Spirit coins.

Anyone who could offer up multiple such items, would necessarily be of high status.

A very important factor in Kent.

Especially for her as a member of House Pendragon and a representative of her mother.

That in addition to her prior inability to Appraise him made this a matter of dire importance.

She scrutinized him and stepped forward with her hand outstretched hand and introduced herself, "Astrid Le Fey Pendragon."

David returned her handshake and responded, "David Kingston. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you as well." She returned before indicating further into the Auction House and asking, "Can I show you to a private room so we can discuss your items."

"Of course." David nodded in agreeance and motioned for her to lead the way.

She nodded in understanding before turning on her heel and leading the way.

 

 

0