Chapter 41: Empyrean Auction (4)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was instantly sent into a tizzy as a string of bids was made amongst those from the Private Rooms while those on the mid and lower levels could only watch on in envy knowing that they couldn't afford to get involved.

"3,000,000."

"3,500,000."

"4,000,000."

"5,000,000."

"5,500,000."

"6,000,000."

"6,500,000."

"7,000,000."

"7,500,000."

"8,000,000."

The price continued to escalate with no sign of slowing down until it reached 10,000,000 and beyond.

The bids became slower and the price finally settled at 14,500,000. Going to the man who originally challenged David for the "Garuda" egg, who was, in reality, a Prince of the Yverian Empire as well as a high-ranking member of the War God's Temple.

The auction house then brought forward the Colossus Bloodline Potion which was claimed by a princess of the Elven Empire for 12,000,000.

There was less competition for this Bloodline Potion as it was quite consuming to nurture a Colossus.

For the same reason, the World Devouring Wolf Bloodline Potion was sold for 13,000,000 which also went to the Prince of the Yverian Empire.

After the Bloodline Potions was a Source Crystal.

Source Energy is the Primal form of World Energy and can only be controlled and manipulated by Transcendents

World cores are naturally produced by the world and drawn in and refine Source Energy. Converting it into World Energy which was then stockpiled within it as it increased in grade. They are the things from which worlds are created by Elemental Fae (Protogenoi).

But Source Energy like all other forms of energy could be liquefied or solidified as its density increased.

The only downside is that only Transcendent class beings could properly manipulate Source Energy.

Other beings could only passively absorb it and use it to strengthen their constitution, Bloodlines, and anima, or as a method to power particularly demanding formations such as the ones protecting their capitals or used to suppress Divine Beings.

Such barriers could be sustained for countless years by a Source Crystal of 1 cubic centimeter, while the one on sale was the size of the fist of an adult human male and of a gray-black color surrounded by motes of light.

Edith introduced the Source Crystal and start the minimum bid at 2,000,000 Amethyst Spirit Coins with minimum bid increments of 250,000.

Around half of the people in the Private rooms cast bids for the Source Crystal while several individuals amongst the mid-level also formed groups to bid on it.

"2,000,000."

"2,250,000."

"2,750,000."

"2,000,000."

"3,500,000."

"3,750,000."

"4,000,000."

"4,250,000."

"4,750,000."

"5,250,000."

"5,500,000."

"5,750,000."

"6,000,000."

"6,250,000."

"6,500,000."

"6,750,000."

"7,000,000."

"7,250,000."

"7,500,000."

This time the price of the item stalled out at around 7.5 million as although the Source Crystal was of immeasurable value the individuals present didn't have a dire need for it or a method to effectively use it.

All of them except David that is.

Who had been bidding his time waiting for the perfect moment to swoop in and claim the Crystal.

He wanted it as Source Energy and World Energy were what Dungeon Cores ran on and converted into DP.

Said DP was used to modify the Dungeon in terms of floor structure and terrain, as well as Mana and Origin Qi Density, its ability to promote the growth of various crops.

It was also used to create Native Creatures of the Dungeon and imbue them with various abilities.

"8,000,000."

David tossed out his bid.

The prince of the Yverian Empire, Alexander Cornelius Erisgard who took his mother's maiden name, wanted to interfere as David had previously claimed several of the items he wanted, but he refrained as he didn't want to slip up and miss the opportunity to purchase The Firm's shares later on.

As such David secured the Source Crystal and the auction proceeded onward.

The next item brought forward was a Pegasus egg.

Pegasi are a Species of Devaum and are one of the few of said Race who can rival the Celestial Fae in terms of Authority, Affinities, and overall potential.

They were winged horses with several pairs of feathered wings and a singular spiral-shaped horn was located on their forehead.

They usually possessed great Affinities for the Cloudburst and Heavenly Destiny Elements.

This was the fourth egg David felt a connection to and he was sure there was one more located backstage as he had grown familiar with picking up on the sensation by this point.

Coming across all these Demonic Beast Eggs also reminded him of the tail end of the conversation he had had with Eden.

***

David and Eden were sitting across from one another beneath a pavilion as they drank tea which had an extremely soothing and calming effect on the mind.

"One last thing you should be aware of before you embark upon the initial leg of your journey is the existence of several creatures native to Cornith. These creatures as well as your friends from home have been or will be embued with immense power, talent, and potential through the machinations of fate at the discretion of those supporting us."

"Understood." David nodded in understanding before he asked, "Anything else before we part ways."

Eden tilted her head in thought before a thought struck her.

She then gave something of a sheepish grin and asked, "Have you heard of Aphrodite?"

"I have," David answered before he drank another swallow of tea.

"In that case..."

***

He soon snapped back to the present and Appraised the Pegasus egg.

[Name: N/A

Age: Egg (3 days 5 hours and 2 minutes until hatching)

Race/Species: Devaum -  Pegasus

Rank: 3

Level: 96

Profession(s): N/A

Vitality: ???

Divinity Reserves: ~56 Million/~56 Million Strands

Strength: 16 Million

Defense: Indestructible 

Agility: 12 Million

Speed: ~ 19 Million

Stamina: ~18 Million

Intelligence: ~72 Million

Health: 90 Million /90 Million

Life Span: Infinite

Divine Armament: Shroud of Heaven, Corona of Destiny, and Bifrost

Inherent Abilities: Blessing of The Heavenly Will (Passive), Sustained By the World (Passive), Infinite Growth (Passive), Gate of Space-Time (Active), Ultra-Regeneration (Passive), Immortality (Passive), Invulnerability (Passive/Active), Rebirth (Passive), Journey Through Oblivion (Active), Star Fall (Active), Heavenly Stampede (Active)

Affinities: Heavenly Destiny, and Cloudburst]

"As I am sure you all know of the value of a Pegasus I will directly open the bidding. The starting price is once again 2,000,000 Amethyst Spirit Coins while the bid increments must be at least 500,000 thousand." Edith stated as he conducted his appraisal and opened the bidding.

He sat back and let a few of The bigwigs, namely the Yverian Prince and The Elven Princess, Persephone, and a few others fight it out amongst themselves quickly pushing the price upwards of seven million.

The group included two heirs from the leading Houses of The Vulerian Dynasty, an heir to The Brimstone Empire, as well as one of Noah's Sisters, Veronica, who was attending the auction with a retinue of guards, handmaids, and her personal subordinates.

As soon as it looked like Persephone was about to secure the Pegasus egg for 8.5 Million, David swooped in and bid, "10,000,000."

His voice silenced the auction hall as several glares were leveled in his direction.

All of them were from people he had snatched items from in the progression of the Auction and who were tired of seeing him take one item after another while some of them only had one, if not none, making their trip here basically pointless.

They were also wondering just how deep his pockets were considering that by this point he would be spending enough capital to fund several Empires for decades or buy all of either the Mirth or Key Islands.

But all they could do was glare if they wanted a shot at the next item and The Firm's shares.

He thus secured the Pegasus egg as well as the Cerberus egg that was sold right after and wrapped up the sale of Divine Grade Items.

He bought the Cerberus Egg for 11.5 million as it was a little bit more of a fight due to its raw destructive prowess comparable to Dragons, Giants, and World Devouring Wolves.

The Cerberus Race was one of Three-headed horned canines that Rivaled Giant's in size and had great Affinity for the Nine Hells and Planetary Destruction Elements.

The results of his appraisal were as follows;

[Name: N/A

Age: Egg (3 days and 5 hours until hatching)

Race/Species: Devaum - Cerberus

Rank: 3

Level: 96

Profession(s): N/A

Vitality: ???

Divinity Reserves: ~56 Million/~56 Million Strands

Strength: 20 Million

Defense: Indestructible 

Agility: ~12.5 Million

Speed: ~ 17 Million

Stamina: ~18 Million

Intelligence: ~72 Million

Health: 120 Million /120 Million

Life Span: Infinite

Divine Armament: Seraph's End, River Styx, and Corona of Luna

Inherent Abilities: Blessing of The Heavenly Will (Passive), Sustained By the World (Passive), Infinite Growth (Passive), Gate of Nine Hells (Active), Ultra-Regeneration (Passive), Immortality (Passive), Invulnerability (Passive/Active), Rebirth (Passive), Advent of the Nine Hells (Active), Planetary Death (Active), Godsfall (Active)

Affinities: Nine Hells, and Planetary Destruction]

After the Divine Grade Items were all sold off Edith then stepped aside and waited with bated breath as the oldest of Morgana's children a Dungeon Master and Former Humana by the name of Emma who had reached the Divine Rank.

Actually now would be a good time to introduce Morgana's children as a whole.

She had seven adopted children.

Five women and two men.

The oldest was as stated previously Emma.

The second and third oldest were her two sons Adarvan a Sun Giant and Aaron an Infinity Attributed Elemental True Fae respectively.

Her fourth oldest overall and second eldest daughter was Edith.

Her fifth and sixth were a pair of twin World Devouring Wolves named Maya and Aspen with a  thin Colossus Bloodline.

Maya was aligned with the Sun while Aspen was aligned with the Moon.

And Astrid was the seventh child and baby of the family at this point in time.

Emma had golden brown hair tied into a crown braid with two pieces hanging down to frame her immaculate face.

Her physique was slender in nature, she stood at about 2 to 3 inches shorter than Edith, and similarly to her younger sister, she had pale green-blue eyes and pink lips.

David passively Appraised her as he looked her over.

[Name: Emma La Fey Pendragon

Age: ???

Race/Species: Dungeon Master (Humana)

Rank: 12

Level: 97

Profession(s): ???

Vitality: ???

Divinity Reserves: ???

Strength: ???

Defense: ???

Agility: ???

Speed: ???

Stamina: ???

Intelligence: ???

Health: ???

Life Span: ???

Divine Armament: ???

Inherent Abilities: ???

Affinities: Primordial Flame of Metamorphosis, and Nihility]

0