Chapter 17: Bruno’s Words
140 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, so now that everyone is calm, what exactly did you discover that has given you such a sense of urgency that you summoned us here in such a hurry Egghead?" Elena asked as Bruno made his last markings on the map stretched across the table before him.

"Well first off as I'm sure you all should have surmised by certain key aspects of the Magic Circles that summoned us to this world, Corinth. We have all been summoned here, us, Alexandra, Marcus, Sabrina, Elizabeth, Eric, David, and finally, Emily and Akime." 

Bruno took a moment to let his words set, taking note of the other's sighs of relief at the revelation that they and their friends were in fact in the same world. There was also no small expectation in them at the prospect of seeing Emily and Akime again after years of separation.

There was slight hesitancy as he opened his mouth to continue, but he knew that what must be shared, must be shared now, so he began, "But there is something else, something much more crucial in regard to our summoning."

The three of them took note of his hesitation, and an air of slight anxiety settled over them, so Elena prompted, "What is it?"

"Well, you see I've been doing some research and Cornith is the result of a battle between beings Cornith's inhabitants now revere as gods, and a supposed Demon God who had chased throughout the Universe for many years. Well after they defeated this Demon God, they combined the full might of their powers and created a sub-realm in order to seal his body within. As a result of the fusion of their powers over the years, the Essence of that Demon God, and some other factors I will explain soon, Cornith eventually developed into an Independent World, with a more abstruse flow of time than our own. Normally the disconnect between this World and Cornith should have made it impossible for Cornith's inhabitants to even exit this world, let alone contact the outside world or Summon outsiders into its bounds. But those "Gods" created a failsafe. This is where it gets tricky and where I had to turn to my Tome of Knowledge for help."

"Apparently the Universe has another name, The Human Realm or "Mortal Plane" and is part of three intersecting planes of existence known as The Three Realms. Besides this Human Realm, the other two planes of existence are The Heavenly Realm and The Underworld. All three of them are continuously expanding. Now I know it may not make sense for me to be explaining all of this but please be patient because this is all pertinent information that concerns our current situation." He noticed them becoming impatient at what seemed to be him going off on a tangent and explained calmly.

"The Underworld is home to beings who cultivate Darkness and use it to corrupt and disrupt the Heavenly Will of the world. As such both the protectors of The Three Realms as a whole, Worldguards and the Angles of God make it their job to either purge them or purify their souls riding them of their Darkness. The Demon God, that the "Gods" of Cornith had chased across the Universe was one such being. He had used a special method to leave the Underworld and come to the Mortal Plane to cause havoc and attempt to make a breakthrough in his cultivation. The "Gods" were a group of Worldguards tasked with finding and destroying him, but he experienced a sudden eruption of strength, and as previously stated they couldn't completely destroy him, resorting to sealing him instead."

"This brings us back to the failsafe I previously mentioned. Now because they didn't want his left-over power to corrupt the Main World and the Heavenly Will as both were still in a somewhat injured state, due to a major battle that took place in The Heavenly Realm, they didn't outright use such power to seal him. They instead burned a large portion of their remaining vitality to gather drops of their Essence Blood and use them as the base in creating a unique seal modeled after the natural sealing and erosion powers of The Fundamental Laws of Space and Time. This would allow for the Demon God's remaining essence and power to be refined naturally over time. They were unsure how long the seal would persist at the time so they created a unique waypoint linking directly to the core of The Three Realms, Eden."

"This way the Worldguards would be able to supply the seal with power in the coming years while also forming a second, over-lapping sealing barrier containing the power of the Heavenly Will. But what they didn't expect was for these two barriers to fuse and give rise to advanced lifeforms and alter the nature of what was supposed to be a sub-realm."

"Now that I have explained the reason behind Cornith's creation let's move on to how exactly it affected our Summoning. It mainly concerns the aforementioned abstruse flow of time. Simply put even though we were summoned at the same time in our world, we "Arrived" at differing temporal locations."

"You mean...?" Elena's voice trailed off before she could complete her question.

Their group had gone through countless trials and tribulations together and grown up with bonds as strong as that of a family, suffering untold loss, as they lived lives far too stressful for even the strongest of children.

A moment of silence descended over the group as they let out signs of lament, yet they didn't lose hope. 

"If you called us over you must at least know when the others did or will Arrive and where we can find them right!?" Elena was the first to speak as she leaned against the table before her.

The others trained their gazes full of expectation upon Bruno, putting him under no small amount of pressure.

Bruno released a wry smile as he spoke, "I knew that you all were too strong for that to break you, as this is far from the worst we have gotten through together. Even back then, all those years ago when we lost Julianna... Did we give up? No, we all rallied around Marcus and formally took one another as sworn brothers and sisters and vowed that none of us would ever allow another to be placed in such a situation unless they were willing. And that none of us, would ever be alone, or abandoned. Now, yes I do indeed know where they are and where they are going to be."

As he continued to speak the confidence in his tone grew, and though some flashes of sadness showed in their eyes at the mention of the loss of Marcus's elder sister Julianna, they released expressions of determination as they clenched their fists in anticipation of the troubled times ahead.

Bruno's words once more reminded them of what truly brought them together, it wasn't just childhood proximity, it was a desire to scale all mountains and cross all seas that would separate them from one another. It was a grand desire to always be there for another, and an inviolable love that bonded their hearts and souls together.

6