0. Prologue
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was dark and gloomy, as winds picked their pace and blew with the power of hundreds of ancient mystical creatures flapping their wings. Rain abusing and fiercely attacking the buildings and the terrain, up above filled with black as can be clouds, as the skies roared like a thousand horrid beasts preparing for battle. Streaks of lightning striking down like the god of thunder himself was giving out divine punishment to those who dare arouse his anger. 

A lonesome mansion stood proudly on top of a hill as the storm raged on above it, not even caring that each and every violent drop of rain had the goal of piercing through to come inside. The mansion that should have been bustling with people and energy, had now become silent.

Bodies and blood littered all around as if they had all become the sacrificial lambs to a battle maniac with a new toy. Not a single heartbeat or breath of life could be found inside this mansion, in a matter of seconds, the place had become a palace for the dead.

As if the lives and souls of the people below did nothing to appease this monstrous tempest, trees as ancient as time and as thick as a house were licked by lightning and with a loud crackle fell down to become one with the earth.

Like answering to the call of the storm something inside the mansion opened its eyes and let out a sound. The raging weather which seemed like it would never let go of its grip on the town instantly calmed down as if lulled to sleep by said cry. 

-''Auuugh-!'' 

The air inside the spacious mansion was stilled and the smell of iron was pungent enough to make one feel sick to their very bones. All but one candles' flames had died out. As the candles light flickered, struggling to stay lit, something seemed to be shuffling atop a piece of furniture inside the room.

Next to the ghastly body of a female in its prime, seemed to be the form of something new, something quite alive. The shadows of the flame gently danced on the walls as if its sole purpose was to entertain that something. Silence enveloped the surrounding area as even the ones with the sharpest of hearing, could only hear the small flames flicker and a silent hiss. 

Even though that something was alive, it made no sound after its initial cry of being born, quietly just laying on the bed like it was the most natural thing in the world.

A red mist gathering itself from all over the mansion seemed to gravitate towards the entity, wishing to be devoured. When the room was but filled with red, only then did the creatures body start pulling in that mist like a black hole. Hungrier than a lion starved for months, it sucked in all of the red with great enthusiasm. In just a moment, the red and the smell of iron from the mansion had disappeared like it never existed in the first place.

As if satisfied, the entity started closing its eyes and falling into a deep slumber...

 

The capital.

''Elder! Elder! Why might you have called me here at this time..?'', huffing and puffing with disheveled clothes and hair, in came a black robed male. 

Looking at the state of her subordinate, the elder could only click her tongue as she redirected her look of contempt outside the window. 

''My dear child, do you see what is happening in the outside world?'' -Elder

The subordinate fixed his clothes hastily and gulped quietly, in fear of it being noticed as he walked up to the window. Staring outside with apprehension, his look quickly turning into one of astonishment and fear. 

''E-Elder! What is that!?'', he nearly screamed as he pointed into the far distance, where black clouds circled a top a town as lightning bolts crackled giving light into the void that was the clouds. The roars of the tempest could vaguely be heard even in the capital if one perked their hearing to the max. The rain that fell down so heavily and violently made the whole town seem like a grey blur as the winds blew so hard that most trees seemed to now grow horizontally when looked upon from afar. 

The one called elder, glanced at her panic stricken subordinate and once again directed her gaze deep in thought toward what could only be called a catastrophe. 

''I don't know.. But something is coming'', she muttered under her breath, sighing. And it cant be anything good, she continued contemplating inside her mind. 

 

The great Muni mountains.

Standing a top of a branch of a tree that grew on the side of the cliff, was a man in his twenties. His hair going along with the whims of the wind as he looked on into the far distance, behind him he could hear the hurried footsteps of another. Throwing a sidelong glance at the one approaching, the man gave off an air of dignity and wisdom.

Twenty some meters away the one rushing forward like a headless chicken calmed his steps as he smoothly moved toward this divine man, while fixing his ruffled appearance. He paid his respects to the man with a simple and natural bow. 

''Chief, do you really think this calamity is what will bring forth the coming of a safer world?'' -Man

''Hmm, you say such things with a head full of leaves. Criston, do you really doubt my words?'' -Chief

In response to the mans words the other man, Criston, hurriedly placed his hands on his head discovering his hair truly had leaves and sticks stuck in it. Embarrassed, he swiftly brushed it all off, when done he let out a slight cough to dispel the awkwardness. 

''Sir, I would never question had you actually said it, but if I may be so blunt, your grace didn't mention it with words. Once. '' -Criston

The chief let out a soft chuckle in response to the mans words as he kept on staring in to the distance, eyes filled with longing. 

''Criston, I think that, that something that is causing the world to be in such disarray, will certainly be beneficial to us, don't you think?'' -Chief

Criston immediately lowered his head and responded in a clear voice as he noticed his superior getting more serious with his words. 

''With all due respect, this lowly one does not have the abilities to see such grand visions as your grace.'' -Criston

Once again swiping a glance in disappointment at his disciple, he ever so slightly felt the urge to click his tongue, but he fought it off as he brought his attention back to the mighty beast of a tempest raging on in the distance. If only, he thought.

 


 

The surrounding world that had noticed the abnormality of the storm and had been intensely watching over it from the sidelines from the start, suddenly felt a chill down their backs.

Even more so than before they focused their gaze toward the tempest, without blinking as if afraid of missing even the slightest change in it. Without any other warning the storm eased and dissipated, turning the weather over the town back into the calm and starry night it was before. If one didn't look closely enough, they probably wouldn't even know that such a violent weather had raged on in there at all. 

Shock, wonder and fear instantly planted themselves into the hearts and minds of the bystanders as they watched the storm disappear just as quickly as it had come to existence. Shivering, the two people who had first taken notice of the oddity informed the people at their sides. One shouted with pride and exhilaration in their voice, and the other cried out with cautiousness and fear. 

 

''''Let us make haste, we must go to the town of Lahria!''''

 


 

 

 

 

1