Chapter 1 Arisen as an Undead
75 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1 Arisen as an Undead

 

 

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f557737564437385333746f3072773d3d2d313133353332363634382e313661393432616461323561366165663233333835383833363933362e6a7067

 

On a silent night in a cemetery, a small rumbling comes from inside the cemetery. In a crypt, the rumbling gets louder, suddenly it goes silent, *BANG the metal door flies off its hinges, in the dust a man in chains stands, the right side of his face is fully decomposed. Fire spewing out the right side of his mouth, huffing out the other side.

The Monster limps to the outside, dragging the chains along with him, reaching for the outside an invisible wall collides with his hand, *RAAAAAH. Inhuman sounds come from this Monstrosity, he bangs on the wall with force, smashing his hand and shoulder bashing it to no avail. The Monster slows down until fully stopping, he lays his head against the wall looking down.

It notices a purple circle covering the majority of the floor, symbols dance inside the circle. An inaudible voice whispers, he drops to all fours breathing fire at an alarming rate, his ear is against the floor trying to listen in. The voice gets a little louder slowly, he scurries to the wall, with his back now against the invisible wall, the voice starts yelling, screaming, screeching at him. 

"REMEMBER REMEMBER REMEMBER"

The voice won't stop screaming at him, the Monster covers his ears holding out for as long as he can. His eyes closed tightly, rocking himself back and forth. All the voices stop except one, a soft soothing voice, an adult woman's voice. 

"Remember me." 

Flashes of a face appear in his mind causing great pain as it is burning into his mind, images of her smiling, crying, dying.

"PLEASE STOP, AAAAHHHH!" 

The Monster's raucous voice echos through the cemetery shattering the quiet night. He lays against the wall breathing hard and raspy, the chains move with his breathing making a small scraping sound, as he sits there, his hand starts giving a burning sensation. The Freak looks at his right hand, his index finger catches fire, all he can feel is a warm feeling but the skin on his finger starts to fall off, leaving the bone. He sits there, drained of all energy, all he can do is ponder the new memories given to him. 

"M-mm-momma."

A flood of emotions overtake him, a broken teenage boy sits there remembering the smiles of his mother. One specific memory sticks in his mind, she had her palm open with fire sitting on her palm. She showed no pain of the fire hurting her, only a smile and a tiara on the top of her head. The boy looks at his palm, trying to figure out how she did it, he tries to summon the flame with words.

"Fl-f-flame. Fire."

His plaintive voice turns rough and violent.

"FIRE FIRE FIRE, Flame!" 

Nothing, he understood anger will get him nowhere, the fire coming out of his mouth shrank, his eyes closed, focusing on a warm feeling. A spark flickered in his palm, his fire grew, the fire flowed out his cheek. Finally, a pinky-sized flame formed in his hand, his eyes opened, and joy filled his heart. His triumph gave him enough energy to pick himself off the ground, the chains jangled and scraping the wall as he stands up. The flame stayed lit in the palm of his hand, it gave him enough light to see his coffin. His coffin was decorated with jewels and carvings with great detail, he looked for a name, he hovered the fire over the nameplate only to see it scratched out except the first letter. 

"S." 

 

Just that little information was good enough for him to keep going, his fire grew, brightening up the place, his attire was high-end, roman style. Armor hung above his coffin, it was a perfect fit, it resembled a centurion's armor. The kid got newfound energy from his discovery, his next obstacle was this invisible wall. He pointed his flame at the wall, nothing, he focused hard on how the fire would flow. The fire coming from his mouth flowed out through his teeth, he imagined a flaming arrow. Once he got the image down he opened his eyes to see a glowing fire arrow float above his hand. 

"Fire." 

With one word the arrow bolted to the wall cracking it, he staggered to the invisible wall, feeling up the wall and seeing the wall crack excited him. He got back to his position and summoned the fire with little focus, then the arrow but got an idea, he closed his eyes once again, thinking of another image. After imaging it he opened his eyes, ten arrows of fire pointed at the wall, with one word he gave the order.

"Fire!" 

All ten of them darted at the wall smashing open the wall and powering off the magic circle. He sprinted as fast as he can, pushing through the pain, he fell to his knees, grateful for his fire. The fire in his mouth exploded outwards, he stared at the blood-red moon admiring it in all its glory.

 

 

 

Author's comment: This is just a quick write but I got plenty of ideas for this story. I will continue if I get enough readers.

2