Chapter 2 A Monster’s Companion
41 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2 A Monster's Companion

 

*Huff the air seemed rich for being in a cemetery, the wind felt cold and ominous. S rigidly stands, using one knee as support. The quietness of the cemetery filled S's ears leaving him in a calm state. His eyes fixated on the moon, unable to stop peering at it.

"Remember." 

Memories start to slowly pop into his mind one by one, the pain wasn't as intense but it still caused mild discomfort. The pain resembled a big headache, the new memory showed a little ice pup hopping around. The pup had frosty paws, leaving prints every time it moved around, the second image was the pup grown up and looking fierce. It was fighting in a war beside S, blasting soldiers with its ice breath. While S was focusing on the moon and his memories, his leg began to heal, the moon had an effect on him giving rapid healing. 

"Rex, my buddy." 

The final memory appeared, Rex fell in battle, impaled by a commander of the rival nation. His right hand caught fire, S felt no pain just loneliness, by the time the fire stopped, his hand was fully bone. S thought of the future, it was grim thoughts.

"What will happen if I go to a town looking like this, they would crucify me on the spot."

An even scarier thought popped in his head.

"How long was I in there, what century is it." 

Lost in thought, he couldn't hear a digging noise, the sound of digging got louder getting the attention from S. He turns to the crypt with fear, scratching noise echos from inside. He creeps slowly towards the crypt, peeking inside, a coffin door inside the wall is shaking. Making his way along the wall, the handle rattling, gulping S twists the handle, opening the coffin. An eery silence fills the air.

"Hello, anyone there?" 

Suddenly something jumps out knocking him over, a wolf with black spikes for fur and red rubies for eyes. It stares S down, looking him dead in the eye while standing on him.

"Rex, is that you?" 

Rex barks, digging his metal claws into S, he hopped off S clanging his claws against the floor as he landed. Rex sat down waiting for his command. Grunting S picks himself up slowly, holding his chest with the bone hand.

"You changed buddy."

S was exhausted and weak. 

"Hey boy, I don't know why I am asking but do you know how long I been dead."

Rex barks, he walks out of the crypt, his prints leaving a mist on the gravel of the cemetery grounds. The shadow wolf-headed to a soft patch of soil. The armored wolf starts clawing at the ground making words. S walks over, he lights a flame from his hand.

"You have been dead for, wait, what, TWO YEARS!" 

The wolf nodded slowly, staring at S, watching his movements. S gripped his fists tightly bearing blood from his left hand. He let go spewing fire as he breathes out, whoever did this to him has been living comfortably for years while he laid dormant. 

"I want them to suffer, and I got my chance to do just that."

Rex howled in the night symbolizing the start of an era. His howl caused great unrest in the cemetery, thunder struck in the sky lighting up the cemetery.

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f59464439626a4f6c6341375167513d3d2d313133353332363634382e313661396438356631376337356161643433343739383131303230352e6a7067

The ground starts to shake, the soil shifts apart, a mansion rises from the ground. It is the size of the whole cemetery itself, the wood was old and dead, cracks in the wood pillars. The color palette is black outlines with an inner dark grey. The windows showed no light, nothing could be seen from the outside, S kept his flame light next to the windows but nothing. Pure black, magic the same as S's flame.

"Come in."

Someone whispered in his ear, making him frantically look over his shoulder. The thunder was continuous, keeping the sky bright and lit. S and Rex arrive at the steps of the mansion, Rex walks up the steps and sits at the door. S cautiously walks up the stairs, keeping his breathing to a minimum. His fire came out in small doses, making sure not to set the very flammable mansion on fire. S stands at the door calming himself, Rex looked S in the face.

"You ready bud." 

Rex nods, S prepares himself to knock but Rex pushes a button beside the door making an ominous ring. The door creaks open to total darkness, the duo walks in having the door close behind them. A flash blinds them making both winces, S and Rex open their eyes to a mansion that is spotless and lit without fire. Two chandeliers hovered above them, none of the candles were lit, only S's flame that came from his cheek. A double staircase in the middle takes up most of the first room leaving the side doors on the left and right to other rooms. A woman stands on top of the staircase with her vibrant grey eyes eying him up. 

1