Chapter 7 Time to Hit the Trail
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 Time to Hit the Trail

 

 

Today is moving day and what can be better than moving? Without moving at all. Sin traveled to his old tome, Vie accompanying him wearing her beautiful earrings as she gleamed with happiness. Sin holds a flame in his hand lighting up the dark and damp crypt. His tome was bedazzled in jewels and engravings, flowers placed beside it rotted away from lack of sun and care. Dust flew everywhere from just walking inside, the tomb Rex came out of was cramped and in need of repair. 

Sin glides his hand along the wall: "There are other tombs, all nameless."

His hand comes in contact with a handle, it zaps him.

Sin reals his hand back: "Ow, what was that."

Vie: "Oooo let me give it a try."

She grabs it only to suffer the same fate.

Vie: "Ow! Stupid handle!"

She hissed at it backing behind Sin for cover. "I need to know."

He grips the handle sending bolts of lightning into his arms, his hand turns white from the force of his grip. Pulling the handle only increases the output of the bolts as he shakes uncontrollably dropping to one knee while still holding onto the handle. 

Vie grabs ahold: "I am here darling."

She takes hold of the handle with Sin pulling together as both get attacked by bolts of lightning. The bolts run up his arm like little snakes slithering up a branch. Sin grits his teeth standing back up, gripping the handle and pulling, fire burning away the mirage of his face. They yank it off the hinges letting out black smoke, filling the area. Sin and Vie are on the floor looking up to the abyss. Sin holds eye contact with the tomb as he slowly grabs onto anything to help pull himself up. 

Sin calls out: "Hello! Is someone in there!"

His calls land on deaf ears. That is what he thinks as the two sit in silence, waiting for an answer. Holding their focus on the tomb they fail to notice the black mist slowly wrapping around Sin's legs. 

Sin turns his focus to Vie, breaking eye contact with the tomb: "I think it was just a trap for thieves we should be goo-"

His legs get pulled from underneath him, slamming to the floor the black mist forms a wall blocking them inside. Vie's long tail sticks through the black mist wall to the outside. Sin summons a flame from his hand wincing from the hit to the back of his head. Sin grips the ball of fire gritting his teeth and scrunching his face as he buries the flame down on the mist tentacle. *SCREECH* A high pitch wail echo off the small confines giving the two a splitting headache from the force of the screech. Vie holds her long elf-like ears, her expression slowly evolves into a grimace.

Vie bearing fangs: "Thats it!"

Her tail on the outside whips around violently making contact with various things. She sits behind Sin as he holds another flame in his hand.

Sin shouted: "Stay behind me Vie!"

Sin shut his eyes closed trying his hardest to drown out the sound. HE opened his eye, blue fire overtook Sin enshrouding the half lich in a cocoon of fire. Asmodeus took the mantle. A black cape draped over his shoulders along with a winter armor covered in pelts.

The giant skeleton raised a hand: "Quiet."

With one word, the world goes silent. Nothing. Just silence. Fire emanated from his open cheek, a cool dark blue flame flowed out.

"Die."

The mist vanishes into nothingness. 

"Play"

The sounds come to life, birds chippering along aside the cool breeze ruffling the trees' branches. Vie's breathing has a sound as she gives quick, tired breaths to catch up on the full minute of holding it. Elaine had her sword out about to swing at the mist wall. Her armor around her side has been damaged by Vie's reckless swinging of her tail. 

Asmodeus observes his body: "My power is steadily coming back to me."

Sin talks from inside his mind: "What can you do with your new access to your powers."

Asmodeus: "I can do this."

Holding out both hands, a fire cocoon emerges from the ground about half the size of the hulking skeleton. The cocoon burns away leaving Sin looking up at Asmodeus, his face whole again and his purple eyes looking up full of admiration. Asmodeus smiles with his soul, his hands on both of Sin's shoulders.

Asmodeus: "You remind me of someone."

Sin: "Who?"

Asmodeus fluffs Sin's hair: "A friend."

Asmodeus clears his non-existent throat: "*Ahem* you should check on your woman."

He walks past Sin, Sin asks: "Does this mean we are no longer connected?"

Asmodeus's skin grows back, he smiles: "We are still connected, if you die, I die."

He leaves for the mansion lowering Elaine's sword with the tip of his finger. 

Sin checks on Vie: "Are you alright Vie, are you hurt?"

Vie's voice was soft: "I'm okay Sin, thank you."

Sin gives her a hand, pulling her back up. Sin moves onto the tall knight who is resting on a tombstone holding her side.

Sin takes the sword from her hands: "Are you okay Elaine?"

Elaine arches her back looking up but closing her eyes: "Yeah I am fine Sin, just another bruise that's all."

Sin jokes: "Do you want to be carried, my poor knight~."

Elaine slugs him playfully: "Whatever jerk, you couldn't carry me even if you tried short ass."

Sin fake insulted: "My word! As you would know, I am five foot seven! Everyone is short compared to you!"

Elaine lets out a hardy laugh: "I am only six-foot short stuff."

Sin gets an idea: "Keep laughing."

Elaine takes the sunlight in: "I will."

Sin grabs her legs lifting her onto his back, giving her a piggyback ride. 

Elaine grips around him suddenly, thinking she was going to fall.

Sin shouts: "Vie, We are going!"

Vie burst out of the tomb: "Okay! What! That's unfair!"

Sin: "It will be your turn next time."

Vie whips her tail vaporizing a tombstone: "Fine!"

Sin looks at Elaine who is resting her head on his shoulder, "She took a hit from that and still was standing ready to take on anything. Does she care that much?"

The three head back to the mansion, Elaine sleeping on the ride there. Rez glides down to the porch steps to meet the three.

Rez: "What happened!"

Sin calmed her down: "Just an accident, she is fine, a little rest will be all she needs."

Sin enters while Vie adds: "Who and don't forget the whole trap inside the crypt that almost killed us."

Sin shakes his head as he leaves the two. 

 

 

"Okay Sin, lay her down gently."

Sin backs up, kneeling with his back against the bed, he slowly unlatches her arms from his shoulder, catching her before she could just plop to the bed. Super slowly, he lays her down. "I think it would be awkward to undress her out of her armor. Mmmm, I'll leave her like that."

Sin turns away before getting hit with another thought: "Wait, she is hurt, did she pass out from her injuries? Damn, I can't leave her without making sure she is okay."

Sin stands over her: "That looks uncomfortable, how should I start." *Scratching his head* "Her shoulder guards should be the first part, knowing is the first battle now its doing is what is the real battle."

He sits on his knees examining her arm encased in some sort of flexible alloy. Her shoulder guard has a symbol resembling two crows on a perch, he focuses on the objective. Reaching under the guard a leather strap comes in contact with Sin's finger. Using both hands he manages to undo the strap taking it off, he moves to the other side and does the same. "Okay now that is done next is the chest plate."

Getting her out of the chest plate was easy enough now the next problem: "So, that same alloy is here too, I guess she replaced chainmail for liquid metal. Just as durable but a pain in the ass to take off, I don't think I can take it off unless I fully undress her, I will just have to cut it open to see her wound."

Sin pulls a knife from his holster, the dark grey tinted metal bends when pinched, Sin grabs that fold and puts his blade through it slicing it open. "Oh, aye Elaine."

The bruise is massive covering her whole side, "I should've known, she was always headstrong. Even with all that armor it still left a mark."

Sin cut the metal, separating the alloy from the upper part of it and opening it to show her whole stomach. The alloy is now a two-piece, Sin leaves to fetch bandages and water. Rushing back to Asmodeus standing at the end of the bed.

Asmodeus: "You must really care for her."

Sin sits beside her holding bandages in his hand: "Yes I do."

He dips one set of bandages in the cool water. He arches her back to wrap the bandages around her stomach completely sealing the bruise then takes a dry set of bandages and wraps around the wet ones. After easing his mind about her well-being he covers her in a black bear fur blanket. Content with his work, he leaves with Asmodeus in tow.

Sin: "So when are we leaving."

Asmodeus: "Right now."

Sin Turns to him: "What! We can't leave her!"

Asmodeus smiles: "We are not, do you ever wonder how this mansion popped up in the first place."

Sin and Asmodeus reached the stairs: "Well it just popped out of the ground, wait are you saying it was using a spell to move the entire mansion!"

Asmodeus stands at the top of the stairs: "You catch on quick."

Everyone gathered in the middle of the hall as Asmodeus stood at the top of the staircase raising his hands.

Asmodeus: "Amaris."

Amaris looks up: "Yes."

Asmodeus: "Did you have a place picked out for us."

Amaris: "Oh my bad, I forgot to show you."

She hurries up the stairs in heels and a dress pulling a small map out of her bosom and handing it to him. He takes a second to register.

Amaris still holding out the map: "What!?"

Asmodeus takes it from her: "Nothing. *Ahem* Okay then so where should we lay down our roots."

She points to a spot: "In the middle of this forest, there is a small clearing in the middle that is surrounded by trees and seems to be under a dryad's supervision."

Asmodeus raises an eyebrow: "And Why would we move the mansion there?"

Amaris: "It would be a great place to hide the mansion and if we ally with the wildlife it could be a great defense against intruders."

Asmodeus grunted: "Good thinking."

Amaris walks elegantly back down the stairs. 

Asmodeus clears his throat: "Now then! Let's get moving!"

Putting both hands into the air, the slam of the front door, window covers shut, lights of the chandeliers extinguish. The mansion shakes, rumbling all around them as books from the living room fall out of the bookcase. A glow emanates from the walls running up the railings to Asmodeus. His skin burns away like paper over a candle, the blue fire in his eye sockets bursts out, *HHMM* Asmodeus shoves his hands outward sending the mansion moving forward. The shift takes Amaris's feet from under her, Sin grabs ahold of the railing as the movement feels like he got shoved from the back. Rez slides down the hall trying to catch anything her talons can latch onto. Vie wraps her snake half around Sin's body, squeezing the life out of him, constricting his movement.

Asmodeus shouts: "Relocate!"

The mansion stops instantaneously sending the group flying forward, Rez gets flung colliding with the front doors. The poor harpy gets smashed by Amaris cushioning her impact. Sin gets his feet taken from under him but hangs onto the railing getting strangled by Vie's tail and arms. The gravity returns to normal sending them all to the ground with a big *THUD* followed by outcries of whines and complaints. 

Vie realizes her actions: "Oh SORRY HONEY!"

She releases her death grip, Sin takes a big breath of life-saving air.

Sin taking big breaths: "Thanks! For the warning, Asshole!"

Asmodeus pounds the railing in a fit of laughter: "HAHAHAHAHA!"

"What a dick."

Asmodeus: "I can still hear what you think you know."

Sin slow to get up: "Just wanted to make sure, ow."

Elaine walks out yawning: "How is it going guys~"

Amaris unsticks herself from Rez: "Sorry Rez."

Rez flops to the floor flat massaging her head gently, slow to respond: "Ow~ it's all good."

Elaine asks: "What happened?"

Asmodeus: "Just a bit of moving."

Elaine held her side in surprise: "Oh, when did this happen."

Pops his neck: "You were sleeping, I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

Elaine gives a warm smile, Asmodeus intervenes: "Okay enough with the mushy stuff, Rez! Would you be a dear and open the doors."

The Harpy is clearly in need of attention: "I am not a deer, I am a Harpy! Harpy harpy harpy!"

Asmodeus caresses his skull: "Amaris."

Amaris holds up her hand: "Present!"

Asmodeus: "Please open the door, then give aid to miss harpy over there."

Getting her feet under her and stable, the walking emotion reader unlocks the door and swings open the massive doors to a sight that is out of worldly. A field of grass expanded all around them occupying a magical forest. pools of water layered the grasslands as little creatures made it their home. The forest wrapped around the grasslands for as long as the eye could see. Wildlife boasted around in harmony enjoying the peace of being safe from outsiders. Tiny dragon fairies flew through the air leaving a dust trail behind them.

Asmodeus leisurely walks down the stairs: "Welcome to our new home."

They all take it in, standing at the steps of the mansion, peering at the new scenery. Even Amaris seems awestruck by the sight only to twist it into her own twisted fantasy.

Amaris summons a ball of fire: "What beautiful screams they can make, all the new fear I can taste."

Asmodeus checks her: "We are not here to jeopardize our relationship with our neighbors."

Amaris kills her flame: "I know, just joking. Or am I~"

She gives a cheeky look to Asmodeus in turn he points to Rez: "Go take care of her."

She gives a wide hip turn with a lazy salute: "Right away Boss~"

The crew goes to the open world while in the background Amaris is dragging Rez by the arms to the living room while Rez yaps nonsense. The trees tower over everything hiding this magical place from the evil world that taints anything it touches. 

Sin takes the first step on the grass: "So how do we contact the keeper of the forest."

Roots sprouted from the ground taking his legs hostage: "Not again."

Sin gets his legs swept banging the back of his head against the ground again. Vie springs to his aid pulling her sharp claws and slicing free Sin in one fell swoop of her claw.

Sin gets to his feet with haste: "Thanks Vie-"

She wraps her tail around him constricting him again: "Only I can squeeze him, he is mine!"

The ground gives away, unearthing a tall green lady, her hair resembled leaves and vines along with her clothes which were lacking in a few areas. The Dryad. The guardian of the forest has arrived at the scene.

 

 

 

 

0