Ch.1: Young Master Zhou
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The House of Generals, famously known as the Zhou Manor, has a long and thriving history. Every generation produces a highly decorated general, well-regarded for their meritorious service to the Empire of Wuxing.

Although the Zhou Manor does not meddle with the affairs of the imperial court and prefer to live in seclusion within Hai Shan Valley, it is not wrong to state that they are one of the most prominent and well-respected clans within the empire.

The clan founded by the Zhou Ancestor, Zhou Ji, is a clan that’s above thousands and under only one. A leading family representing honor,  justice and strength that could shape or topple an imperial dynasty.  And within the boundaries of the continent of Si Xiang, the prestige of the Zhou Manor is beyond contestation.

Progeny that hail from the Zhou bloodline are trained to be soldiers. Those from the direct line are educated and trained as generals and commanders. From young, Zhou family members are meticulously groomed to be warriors.

To date, the finest and most radiant figure of the Zhou Manor is the current patriarch of the Zhou Clan, Zhou Chen. A living legend whose name and martial prowess is known not only throughout the vast continent of Si Xiang but beyond its borders. It is a widely spread belief that as long as General Zhou Chen is alive, no army would dare attack the borders of Si Xiang and no foreign invader shall step foot on the Imperial Capital of Wuxing!

Zhou Chen’s intimidating brilliance was eclipsed only by the genius of his only child, Young Master Zhou.

Endowed with the rare spiritual root of fire and lightning at birth, Young Master Zhou started cultivating at the tender age of four and successfully breaking through the 9th Qi Layer of Qi Gathering Stage by the age of eight. 

By ten and six years, Young Master Zhou broke through the bottleneck of the Peak Layer of Foundation Building Stage and successfully condensed a golden core. This milestone earned Young Master Zhou the title as the Youngest Core Formation Expert in Si Xiang. A first in the continent’s history for the past thousand of years.

It’s safe to assume that Young Master Zhou, as a talent and sole heir of the Zhou Manor, was painstakingly raised and guarded by the clan. 

But today, despite the fierce objections from the elders of the Zhou Clan, Young Master Zhou is leaving Hai Shan Valley to participate in the Conclave of Immortals that will take place in the Imperial Capital of Wuxing.

The Conclave of Immortals is a legendary event that takes place in Si Xiang every third century. Cultivators who are less than a hundred years old and have yet to condense a Nascent Soul are invited to participate.

The grand event is hosted by the Imperial Family of Wuxing, Seven Sects of Si Xiang and Three Palaces of the Three Realms. The generous rewards bestowed by the various sovereignties are enough to tempt even the most aloof and unworldly cultivators. And the most sought-after reward is the chance to ascend to a higher realm and become a disciple of the mysterious San Yuan Palace.

San Yuan Palace is one of the Three Palaces that governs the Upper Realm. A major figure within the three realms that breeds Celestial and Divine Immortals. Cultivators who are fortunate to join San Yuan Palace are under the tutelage of the Holy Sage. 

Most of the disciples that hail from the prestigious sect are regarded as pillars of the cultivation world. And every three hundred years a person is chosen within the continent of Si Xiang to enter San Yuan Palace, the champion of the Conclave of Immortals.

Aside from the privilege to join San Yuan Palace, another rare opportunity is granted to the top participants of the tournament, the right to enter and explore the Tengliu Domain. 

Tengliu Domain is a mystical realm within the border of the Lower Regions and the Upper Realms. It is believed to be an ancient battleground where the war between gods and devils was waged. 

To say that the Conclave of Immortals is a gathering of geniuses is an understatement. The possibilities for those who manage to secure the top spots in the competition are endless. Still, the greater the glory, the higher the risk. Swords and spears do not have eyes. And though the Conclave of Immortals has strict rules that need to be adhered to, people still die at the tournament.

But despite the possibility of death and the violent protests from the clan, Young Master Zhou firmly decided to partake and compete in the conclave.

When the group of elders and retainers from the Zhou Manor walked out to the main streets of Hai Shan Valley, everyone gave the group a wide berth. Each person had a dark, ferocious look on their faces, a degree more than their usual battleworn appearance. From the savage glint on these men’s eyes, it was as if the war horn had been blown and the Zhou Manor was suddenly called to arms.

But who could blame them?

Everyone within Hai Shan Valley knew of Young Master Zhou’s departure for the Imperial Capital. Those who hold Young Master Zhou in high regard lined up on the side of the streets, to bid farewell and wish the young master good fortune and safe travels.

“I bet Young Master Zhou will achieve a worthy placement during the conclave…” A bystander stated. His face beaming with pride. His words were spoken with so much passion it was as if the person he was talking about was part of his immediate family.

The person standing close to him sneered. “What do you know? A worthy placement? Young Master Zhou will definitely conquer the conclave, claim victory and take home the championship!” The man declared with utmost certainty.

The small exchange instantly sparked a fiery debate that spread like wildfire within the otherwise peaceful streets of Hai Shan Valley. But none, not one of the individuals amongst the gathered crowd, was in doubt that Young Master Zhou would bring honor and glory to the Zhou Manor during the Conclave of Immortals.

“If I could marry someone like Young Master Zhou, I would be the happiest lady alive.” A beautiful lady from a reputable family unthinking sighed as she stared at Young Master Zhou’s departing form. Without pause, the lady was ruthlessly pinched by her embarrassed mother. 

But the young lady wasn’t the only one harboring these fervent thoughts. Most marriageable misses have developed a complicated infatuation and a certain fondness for Young Master Zhou. And to the utter sorrow of the eligible young masters within Hai Shan Valley, Young Master Zhou became the epitome of a perfect partner for these young ladies.  

Zhou Chen, the esteemed patriarch of the Zhou Clan and the undefeated War God of Si Xiang, lost his footing and stumbled half a step after hearing such a wistful desire from the young lady. The elders and retainers from the Zhou Manor also paused for a breath, their expressions indiscernible. 

Each person within the group is a strong cultivator. Hearing a soft whisper, even amongst the debating crowd, was not hard nor impossible. The group of battleworn men couldn’t help but feel distressed and a tad bothered. But no one stepped forward to berate or dissuade the young lady from her amorous thoughts.

People would think that having an ardent admirer is good for a young master’s prestige and ego. Being looked at as the perfect example of a desired partner is a blessing. But the Zhou Clan elders’ uncanny reaction to the remark was expected and, to some degree, quite reasonable.

No matter how beautiful the young lady is and how earnest her feelings are, it would be complicated for Young Master Zhou to marry her. Why? Because everyone in Hai Shan Valley knows that the peerless Young Master Zhou is, in fact, a lady.

1