The Preliminaries Conclude
1.2k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I calmly looked at the contestants that had started to reduce in number. On occasions, I too would knock some of them out.

I mean I had nothing else to do, so in boredom, I decided to break a few bones and rip some organs out. Nothing much.

Gazing over the arena I noticed that very few were left. If my guess is right then the preliminaries countdown should begin in-

3

2

1

The aerial big television stopped all cameras to zoom in and out. Instead of it, there was a single white background on the screen with a 10-second countdown.

Sayaka then spoke in her mic.

"The preliminaries will end in 10 seconds. Hurry up!"

I decided to stop my stealth and disable my [Super Control], coming in view to all the contestants and the audience.

[Super Control (SS)] is indeed a very overpowered skill, if used in a clever way, it will give results incomprehensible and has the potential to make one a being higher than a God too.

Then again, it all depends on the wielder of the skill.

[Super Control] is not just good control over mana or something similar. It is a skill that can help me control every cell, every part of my body.

From abnormal muscle contraction to extreme regeneration. Everything is possible with the skill. If you don't know your body, then you don't know anything.

Without knowing your own body in-depth, no one can become a True God. 

What's the point of having overpowered skills when you don't even know the correct way to use it or how to use it to its full potential and even breaking that limit.

I feel proud of myself for choosing an ingenious skill like [Super Control] instead of some other overpowered (S) rank skill.

I would have gotten instant power from the other (S) rank skills but it wouldn't mean anything if it wouldn't help me in the long run.

Plus, it is more fun to suffer and gain the nectar instead of becoming the strongest. It would be boring after that.

More than five seconds were left for the preliminaries to get over. Many people noticed that I was still there and gasped in surprise.

I simply sent flying kisses to those gawking at me in shock.

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

*Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!!!!*

Present Mic spoke, 

"THE PRELIMINARIES HENCEFORTH CONCLUDES!!!!"

A huge cheer burst from the audience stands.

"Woooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"

Many of the players seemed relieved over the preliminaries ending. I too felt a bit good. After the preliminaries, there will be a short break of a few hours after which the regional tournament round will begin.

Hence I did well not to tire myself out by openly fighting mobs and some strong characters. 

The entire verse of Medaka Box is abnormally overpowered and there might some more characters whom I have missed.

Many of the players let out sighs of relief. A total of 32 contestants were what came out of hundreds of contestants.

I didn't slack off, I had observed quite a few people who caught my eye and tried stealing their martial techniques and engraving them in my body by using [Super Control]. 

The real reason why I used [Stealth] to hide was because I wanted to observe everyone and copy their powers to a degree and analyze how to defeat them.

This is one of the main reasons why the Preliminaries are called the Preliminaries. It is just a practice test and is a test on which a person should reflect to better themselves.

That is what I did. It seems that most contestants in this tournament are quite dumb because none of them analyzed except for the some heavily experienced fighters who have participated in tournaments before.

Well, I don't really care. I just need to move ahead.

Sayaka spoke in her mic.

"The contestants to pass the preliminaries are-"

"Baki Hanma!"

"Akane Tendo!"

"Ranma Saotome!"

"Kirukiru Amon!"

"Medaka!"

"Genos!"

"Izuku Midoriya!"

"Ohma Tokita!"

"Zenkichi Hitoyoshi!"

"Mamoru Takamura!"

"Ippo Makunouchi!"

"Mob 12!"

"Mob 13!"

"Nomura Fudou!"

"Tatsumi Oga!"

....

...

..

"And lastly."

"Nava Etrama Di Miki!"

All eyes fell over me once again, I couldn't help but flick my sleeves and let my fingers comb my hair while winking at random women in the audience.

I think I saw some people clutch their fists while gazing at me with jealousy while making neck-cutting with thumb gestures. Nah. Maybe just a hallucination.

Who would want to separate my face from my neck? Hmm... maybe some psycho can use it for fapping.

A shudder went across my body. I think I should try not to be much in the spotlight. Fictional worlds are more dangerous compared to normal ones.

If I help a cat in the alley by giving her some rotten bread, she will delusion herself into thinking that I am her lord and savior. She will go complete yandere, kill all my gfs and torture me too.

That is why it is better not to be a kind guy in a fictional world. 

"All contestants may leave the Arena as repairs will soon begin. A short break will be held after that the Regional Tournament will begin. In the meantime, the contestants are advised to eat food, check their bodies and do anything important to them necessary."

Slowly the contestants started to move out from the stadium. I too followed them behind. The hosts in the meanwhile kept on entertaining the audience and doing a final bid of goodbye before the break.

I did notice that many of the contestants gazed at me with mixed emotions. Some with jealousy while some with genuine curiously.

Baki Hanma occasionally gazed at me with curiosity before getting bored and going on his own way while Ohma Tokita seemed to look down on me.

A delinquent-looking pervert stared at me with red eyes. Anger, jealousy, all his emotions were easy to make out. He snorted one last time before heading towards the cafeteria.

...He accidentally entered the girl's washroom. Holy f*ck! Now a mob of girls are running after him. This really is a fictional world!

Genos instantly came next to me. I did feel sad that Charanko got eliminated but I had already deducted that since he is quite weak.

So.... yeah.

Oh did I mention that I can turn people into Nobles by using contract? Anyway if I didn't mention. I can do that too.

Muahahahahaha I can make an army of overpowered people subjected to me and take over the world.

To be honest, this idea is quite enticing. 

How bout a harem that consists of all the females in this world while all the males are dead?

Hmm... interesting. Excluding the loli, hags, and manly women of course. Imagine a Miltank, I feel like puking now.

Cancel idea! CANCEL!!

After my stupid monologue was done. I noticed that a kid with a broccoli on his head was standing right in front of me, muttering something faster than Eminem and scribbling something on his notepad.

I immediately knew who he was. 

Izuku Midoriya, aka, Deku.

27