Food Wars
302 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Underneath the moonlit starry sky, a couple and their child walked a wide street. Lanterns laid before every corner of the road and bright orange lights.

It was a beautiful scenery. What added more to the beauty of the scenery was the spicy Chinese cuisine smell that floated across the entire area.

Oink's delicious buttocks... I could not help but drool slightly. In my previous life as Bob the Mob- *cough* Rob, I had tasted thousands of Chinese cuisine since I had once gotten lost on a business trip to China.

During that time, I ate a lot of Chinese Street style, from a duck to a dog. By the time I realized what I was eating, it was too late.

Hence why I was not surprised when a few Chinese people ate a bat and spread a harmful virus which created the entire pandemic.

Fuckin Chingchongs. Sometimes feel like shoving a chopstick down their ass.

However, I would not lie. Despite the Chinese being the two-dimensional people they are... their history was pretty rich and along with that...  their food had evolved and lived still through generations.

The Art of Food. If one thing that exists since before humanity then it is Food. Creatures have always needed food to survive.

Since the birth of humanity, humans changed the food more and more, and with just one ingredient many dishes could be made.

Food recipes are one of the ancient things that have evolved throughout the ages, they have become better and better or gotten worse than ever before.

Food can taste anyhow, sweet, salty, sour. Many people make the mistake of thinking that spicy is a taste.

Non-non, mon cher ami. Spicy is not a taste but rather is a pain signal. 

When we eat spicy food, certain compounds in the food stimulate receptors in our mouth called Polymodal Nociceptors and trigger a reaction.

I looked at my butt-shoving child and smiled. Sometimes I wonder how good the spice tolerance of a child can be.

"So... Spicy Mapo Tofu or Mapo Noodles?" I asked Lil Zoro.

He looked at me and squealed.

"Abuuuu(Mapooo nooodless)"

I exchanged a glance with Hilda and nodded.

"Mapo Tofu it is."

"...."

"Abuuuuhuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!"

I smiled kindly at my handsome child.

"Don't get too excited Lil Zoro, we still have to wait in the line."

"....."

"....."

"ABHHUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!"

~

I looked at Hilda and Lil Zoro. Mhm. My family really is the best. I love them.

"Both of you go have the Mapo Tofu... imma gonna have some Mapo Nudelees."

Hilda frowned and looked at Lil Zoro who had tears in his eyes before looking at me. It was a surprise he had not cried and shocked everyone yet.

"Why should we have spicy food while you hog the noodles."

I looked at her confused.

"I do not recall saying that the noodles are not spicy. Plus this will be good training for Lil Zoro to be a Demon Lord or king whatever."

She nodded slightly. It seemed that I had hit home with that last sentence. Hilda glanced at me and said nonchalantly trying to correct me.

"It is Demon King."

Waving my hands at her, I spoke.

"Get a Mapo Tofu for me too, so that we can have it tomorrow too."

As I saw her back entering the restaurant, I smiled. Everything was going according to the Keikaku.

Obviously, I am not rich anymore I have to save my money. I can not afford to spend it on anyone but myself at the current moment.

Entering the stall, I sat on a seat. Many people had been eyeing it, some had even reserved for it but I am not sure how and why but all of those people went home with a few breathing problems. Anemia I presume.

Looking at the board of the stall, I giggled for a moment before going back to normal.

'Yukihira Souma's Chinese Stall.'

It was at that moment that a long, dark blue-haired girl with two braided pigtails came. 

[Character Image here]

She wore a simple blouse and had a flower hairpin on the right side of her hair along with yellow-colored eyes and a petite body figure, possessing a tight, plump rear.

"Hello sir, My name is Tadakoro Megumi and I am your server. I will bring your dish to your bench." The young girl spoke with a polite smile, a smile that would make someone instantly like her.

Not in the mood to be a jackass, I didn't smile back or anything similar.

"Yes please do it fast. I am quite hungry." 

She nodded and went back to her post. I looked at her from a distance before nodding. My words did not affect her which meant that she has already become a well-experienced server.

A server needs to be professional and not let his or her personal interests harm business value. 

Tadakora Megumi. I remembered her vividly. She was the girl who was riding on the coattails of the protagonist of one of the most popular recent animes.

Food Wars.

The anime of stripping after tasting good food. The anime in which every girl is a possible waifu or a jack-off material.

The girl serving me was one of the most important side characters and maybe even the first friend Yukihira Souma the protagonist of Food Wars ever made. 

A clumsy, timid, thoughtful, kind, and honest girl who always speaks in a polite tone. I could see her value in just one conversation with me.

Even if she does not have cooking talent or creativity... she is still a nurturing sort of person, always looking out for others and willing to assist them in any way that she can.

Everyone would want to have a friend like her. However, to me... she seemed to be a hypocrite instead. 

Maybe because she does not have much courage or because I said so. She gives me the vibe of a hippo.

Anyways that aside. This should be the time of the Moon Festival during which the sales battle between Yukihira Souma and Kuga takes place.

"Here you go sir, here are your Mapo Noodles." 

4