C.1 : Transported
107 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A young man looked up at the towering green trees around him in shock, still unable to believe that he had been brought to another world.

Ivy hadn't thought that his boredom and a survey would cause him to traverse worlds. Even now, a transparent panel similar to a game's screen hovered in his line of sight.

The air was fresh and untainted, allowing Ivy to experience the beauty and scent of nature. Pulling his attention back to the panel, he read the text.

Dear Ivy, 

Congratulations, you have been selected to move beyond your world. You have the Fusion System, a system which can help you immensely should you use it right. Do your best to survive. Good luck.

From Unknown...

"System? Is this my gold-finger? Wait, some systems scheme against the host, is this one of them?" Ivy looked at the screen skeptically.

"Host need not worry, the Fusion System was made to be totally loyal. Should you die, so will the System."

A cool female voice, causing Ivy to envision a cold icy beauty speaking, responded to Ivy's question, nearly making him jump in fright.

"You're sentient?" Ivy would have preferred to have a system that didn't have motivations and thoughts of it's own.

"Yes Host. Due to the nature of the system, I was made to help guide you along. If Host doesn't need me, I can enter a dormant period until Host has need of me."

"Okay. Don't enter a dormant period yet. What is this world? Is it dangerous? Is it like Earth?" Ivy bombarded the System with questions.

A screen popped up and displayed unfamiliar landscapes that Ivy hadn't seen before. Based on the size of the map, it was far larger than Earth.

"This world has supernatural elements, namely vampires and werewolves. There are also ferocious beasts and professions that make the impossible possible."

"Professions are divided into Nine Orders, with the First Order being the beginning. Not many can awaken their professions, so the masses are relatively powerless."

Ivy nodded and could understand everything the System said as he looked through the landmass at his position. He stood in the midst of a forest on the border of a small kingdom.

"About vampires... Are they immortal?" Ivy felt a spark within him when the System mentioned vampires, an interest that had long been quelled when he was on Earth.

"Vampires have unlimited lifespans and great power, in exchange, the can't withstand the sunlight and are cursed to forever roam the shadows. They are highly dangerous."

Hearing that, Ivy felt a bit of heartache. Vampires were always something that fascinated him, but hearing the drawbacks made him hesitate.

"Werewolves are relatively short-lived, however they are also superior to humans. Werewolves often hunt vampires as well. Both species bear a curse."

"Werewolves are affected by the moon, losing themselves to bloodlust and animalistic tendencies. They are highly dangerous."

Ivy let out a breath and then proceeded to ask whether humans had any defining traits, but to his disappointment, he didn't hear any outstanding traits.

"So humans are balanced, with moderate strength and potential? Are vampires and werewolves more talented than humans?" 

"Vampires are indeed talented, and they also have infinite lifespans, but they can still be killed. Werewolves are often more talented than average humans as well."

"So either vampires who have all the time in the world to grow stronger or werewolves who are quite strong and talented? Remaining human isn't sounding too good."

"Wait, how do I become a vampire or a werewolf? Do I need to get bitten?" Ivy thought of the lore of vampires and werewolves on Earth and asked in a panic.

"Host can withdraw the vials of vampire blood in the System storage. You just need to ingest the blood of a vampire or be bitten by a werewolf."

"Wait, there was an inventory? And why do I only have vials of vampire blood? Isn't this kind of like pushing me to become a vampire? What if I wanted to be a werewolf?" 

"Based on the Host's memories, the first Reward was chosen with your preferences in mind." Ivy narrowed his eyes slightly.

"You can read my thoughts?" Ivy asked the System slowly, feeling a bit violated despite the latter only being a System.

"Yes Host. In order to create a compatible System, your memories were scanned and the System was created afterwards."

"I don't even know where to begin but it seems like it wasn't exactly your fault. Who created you anyway?" Ivy felt that some all powerful deity must have had been bored enough to transport him to another world.

"System is unable to answer. The information regarding the System's creation has been erased. The System cannot retrieve any erased information."

"Great! So what do you do System? You said something about fusion right?" Ivy leaned against a tree, taking care not to touch any of the green moss growing on the tree.

"Host can fuse things he wants to improve into higher quality items. Of course, Host's spiritual power will be consumed by the use of the System to create the objects."

"So is it able to fuse these vials? What will happen if I..." He trailed off as a light flashed and the ten vials of vampire blood in his inventory vanished, becoming a single glowing vial.

"Host has acquired the [Pureblood Vampire Blood]. Host can use the item to become a Pureblood Vampire."

"What's the difference between the regular vampires and Pureblood Vampires?" Ivy could probably guess the differences but he wanted to be sure.

"Pureblood Vampires have much higher talents than normal vampires. They also have control over the weaker normal vampires. Purebloods are granted innate skills and abilities."

"So if I got werewolf blood, would I be able to turn myself into a hybrid of the two races?" Having watched several vampire shows, Ivy was simply curious.

"Hybrids don't exist. Vampires despite being 'living' are dead in essence. Vampires cannot procreate. The title Pureblood essentially means that the vampire's bloodline in question is pure."

"Oh, so it's basically just a rank or something similar? Like a title?" Ivy summoned the vial of blood, looking at the crimson red liquid within the clear vial.

"Would Host like to undergo the Transformation? It is recommended that host wait till night time to avoid being reduced to ashes by the sun."

Ivy felt a cold chill and shivered. If he had been too curious, he would have died a terrible death without a chance to explore the world he was now in. 

"Okay, will I be able to understand the people of this world? Do I get an auto translator or something?" 

"Host will indeed be granted a Blessing so that Host can speak with the various races of this world without fear."

"Blessings also exist? So are Gods real then?" The System fell silent and then told Ivy he hadn't met the requirements to know the answer.

"Okay, where's the nearest village? There should be one right? Or even a city? This is a kingdom after all." Ivy saw an indicator appear on the map, displaying a location a couple miles away just outside the forest he was in.

Taking a few steps, Ivy sent the Pureblood Vial back into his inventory and headed to the village. The thought of wildlife attacking him made his pace increase a bit.

A few miles later, Ivy gasped for air like a dying fish and wished he had been given water alongside the blood vials. He only made it to the village when the sun had already set, bringing darkness to the lands.

"Whew! I am out of shape! I can't even walk a few miles without feeling like I'm dying..." Observing the village, Ivy watched as people who were of different skin tones interacted harmoniously.

"I guess when there are actual races that kill humans, color doesn't matter anymore huh?" Muttering, Ivy looked at their clothes and realized that his own stood out due to the quality of the material.

"Whatever, I'll just say I'm the son of a seamstress who made my clothes." Ivy walked towards the village entrance, quelling his anxiety and fear of the unknown. 

...

"Who are you?" A rugged bearded man stopped Ivy a few meters from the village, a bow in hand and a gleaming arrow glittering in the faint light.

"I am Ivy and I've come from the forest a few miles away." Ivy stared at the man who stared back and then moved out the way after making sure Ivy had no weapons.

"You can rest in the village for now. Tomorrow we can decide what will happen to you." The bearded man led Ivy to a small hut and gave him a look.

"Thanks." Ivy spoke politely and entered the hut, noting that there were no windows. It was just a simple shack constructed from branches and wood.

"System, is here a good place to do it?" Ivy spoke aloud, already used to addressing the System that way instead of in his mind.

"Host can indeed use the Pureblood Vial now. It is recommended that Host prepare clothing to protect you from the sun as well." 

"How long will this take? Minutes?" Ivy looked at the small bed made of straw and wished he could've brought his own bed with him.

"Host will be unconscious for more than an hour. Host, please prepare yourself for the Transformation." The System spoke solemnly.

After finding a relatively comfortable spot, Ivy closed his eyes and willed the Pureblood Vial to appear in his hands. Taking a deep breath, Ivy raised the vial to his lips.

"Detected a bloodline. Do you wish to merge with [Pureblood Vampire Blood]?" A system prompt popped up as a deathly cold surged up within him.

"Merge." Ivy felt the surroundings turn colder as he spoke. Nothing happened for a moment and a screen finally popped up.

[Are you sure? You won't be able to reclaim your humanity. Do you wish to proceed?] 

"Yes." Ivy spoke firmly and the System flashed, then a surge of power rushed through his body and flooded his core, transforming his very being.

[Transformation in Progress...]

2