The Defenses
36 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Log #12 15/X/XX

My men and I made it to the HIVE, a giant hill of flesh-like material filled with countless deadly creatures. Our goal is to get to the heart and brain of the HIVE the queen and kill her, hopefully killing the HIVE for good. At first we tried to break through the HIVE walls, however, even with all my men having energy packs, small portable reactors, producing enough energy to power a ¼ of a city powering our weapons, we couldn’t even leave a scratch. So we just decided to circle around to find an entrance we can use.

Log #13 16/X/XX

After 3 hours we managed to find an opening in the wall, so after resting overnight we continue forward. We didn’t even get the far in before face our first challenge, a clear liquid. At first, we just ignored it, thinking of it just water, but underestimating the danger of the HIVE was our first mistake. My men would get stuck in the clear liquid, dozens of them stuck and unable to even continue forward. It took hours to get all my men out, as the more who try to get them out, the more that get stuck. When we finally got everyone out, we decided to go back out and rest, luckily or unluckily we weren’t that far from the entrance.

Log #14 18/X/XX

We managed to get passed the clear liquid without anyone getting stuck. And after an hour without any trouble but the occasional puddle of clear liquid we faced a new obstacle. Puddles of pink slime, remembering what happened last time we tried to go through any liquid my men and I decided to tread carefully around.  We didn’t get far before the slime started to vibrate, then jump onto some of my men, swallowing them whole. We managed to free some of them my shooting the slime, but some of them got away with my men inside them. I gritted my teeth, while I was forced to give up on those men as regrouping takes greater precedence.

Log #15 23/X/XX

It’s been five days since we encountered the pink slime creatures, the first 4 days were uneventful, I’m happy that we didn’t run into any other creatures but the faster we find the HIVE’s queen the faster we the kill it and the faster we can go home. However on the 5th we finally found something, a new creature the looked like a giant worm with a mouth full of what looks like acid, roughly as big as a shepherd. They attack us the moment it spotted us, they would jump and latch onto us secreting acid onto use, the acid would melt our armor and skin when it come comes to contact with it, we managed to kill all of them before suffered any major, some of my men got out with only damaged armor, the most severe damage was light burns. But the oddest thing was how they would sometimes latch onto its own kind and kill it, maybe we can use that to our advantage later, but for now, we continue forward.

Log #16 25/X/XX

After 2 days of traveling only seeing the occasional pink slime creature or giant worm creature, we found ourselves in again clearing. We carefully walk through it, readying our weapons for any threat we find. We were forced to halt our advance because we encountered another creature, this time a mantis-like creature as big as you average man. Before we could shoot at it we noticed something, the mantis was eating something, and we were disgusted when we saw that what it was eating was one of the men that went missing after it got swallowed by the pink slime. That pause could have been the biggest mistake we ever made. The creature turned around and stared right at us, sending a chill down everyone’s spine. After only a second later it screamed, it was so loud that everyone was forced to cover our ears.

Before we knew it we were surrounded by giant spider-like creatures, large enough to fully cover my chest. We started to shoot at them, but they seem to be endless, and when they do manage to reach one of my men, they would latch onto them they would start to multiply. Not only do they bite and inject venom into my men slowly kill them, but they would also produce eggs that in mere seconds hatch and grow into more giant spiders that would go out and attack more of my men. Some of the eggs would only hatch and grow into spiders that are the only ¼ of the size of their bigger brethren, and when they latch onto someone they wouldn’t produce more spiders, however, they seem to act as some sort of target, making more spiders attack the person they are latch onto. And no matter how much we kill they keep on multiplying, and to make matters worse the mantis creature seems to be ordering them, making it harder for us to kill them.

I was forced to order my men to retreat, and when I looked back I did see some of the giant spiders kill other spiders, but the mantis was killing them off. My men and I might have lost this battle, and were forced to retreat but we will win the war. With the things we learned in this battle we will come back more prepared, and more powerful, and next time we will destroy the HIVE.

3