Chapter 2: Finding A Village
69 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Now, time to go to and explore Miltis! Now, how do you do it again? I close my eyes and picture a green pasture in my mind. Yes! It worked! I'm in Miltis!

Hmm, now that I'm here, what should I do? I can't just carelessly stroll around. Since according to the guidebook, wild hostile creatures can randomly pop up. I mean, I'm not scared of dying in this world because I'd just return to Earth, but I won't be able to return to Miltis. But I'd rather not waste this chance of starting a new life, so I'd rather avoid death as much as possible.

Ah, I don't know where I should go. If only the guidebook had a map or at least some description about the geography of this place. Though it did mention that there are several human settlements, so at least I can be at ease knowing that there are also humans in this world.

Wait, how am I supposed to act in front of the humans here? We're clearly from different worlds. Won't language be a problem? Also, my clothes, I don't think this kind of clothes is what you usually see here. The book mentioned that Miltis is in a similar era as the medieval period back in my world. Maybe, I should scout a human settlement and see how they dress. But the problem still lies. Where should I go?

I don't see anything that resembles a road nearby. I guess there's no choice, huh? I'll just have to walk continuously and hopefully stumble upon a village or something.

After several minutes of walking, I saw a dirt road. Finally, I'll just follow this road, and it will surely bring me to a village, I think. Well, there are humans in this world, but they're not the only intelligent species living here. Including humans, there are a total of 10 races. For land-dwellers, there are Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Giants, Orcs, and Fairies. The sky-dwellers are Dragons and Wyverns. As for the sea-dwellers, there are Mermaids and Sirens. And as far as the book says, they're on peaceful terms with each other. Well, that's a relief.

I'm going to gamble it and follow this road. Lead me to a human settlement! As I followed the dirt road, I saw structures made with stone walls, though I'm not sure what kind. As I got a closer look, it was a human settlement, finally! The humans looked different compared to my world. They are a unique race, one which I have never seen before. Their hair color varied. Some of them even had blue, red, and green hair. But how should I approach them? Should I just walk in casually? No, that would be a horrible idea. Maybe, I should go back to Earth and try to find clothes that are similar to theirs.

I closed my eyes and imagined my room. Then I was back in my world. I looked at the clock, and it was the same time as I left. I also read that in the book. Whenever I go to the otherworld, I would return at the same exact time I left. And I could only return to the spot I left. It applies to both Eart and Miltis.

Now, time to find some clothes. I think I'll wear a plain sweater and sweatpants. It's the only thing in my closet that kind of resembles their clothing. Ah, I think this will do. Some additional information, I can also transport items to the other world, as long as I can carry them. But it doesn't apply to people. Well, it's not like I have someone to bring with me anyway. Time to go back to Miltis!

I returned to my position, stood up, and began walking towards the village. Ah, please let this work! As I got closer, the villagers started to look at me curiously. Although I can change my clothing, I can't change my physical appearance. Then suddenly, one of the male villagers approached me.

"@#$&^@#$#^&?"

I didn't understand a single word he said. Uh, what should I do in this kind of situation?!

"Sorry, I don't know what you're trying to say."

I'm pretty sure they didn't understand it, but it was worth a try. The man looked at me in confusion. He looked behind him and shouted something. Then after a few seconds, a girl came rushing in with something in her hand. He gave it to the man in front of me. What could this be? The man then handed the item to me and pointed at his earrings. Wait, so this is an earring? Is this some kind of item to help in communication? Even if it is, I don't know how to put an earring on because I never wore one before.

"I don't know how to put it on."

From the man's expression, it looks like he understood what I said. He then took the earrings in my hand and began to put them on my ears. Ouch! That hurts! After he put the earrings on me, he spoke.

"Can you understand me now?"

"Eh? Uh, yeah..."

"Great! Now, you don't look like you're from around here. What brings you here to our village?"

What should I respond? Of course, I should say that I came from another world and ended up here. I'll just make up some story.

"I... I don't know. When I woke up, I was lying on a field. Then I followed a dirt road which led me here. But I can't recall anything before that."

"I see. Well, you could stay in our village until you feel better. It seems that you have lost your memory. We have a mage doctor in our village. He might be able to help you. But for now, why don't you take a rest at my place first."

"Thank you."

I didn't expect this kind of treatment. Are all the people in this world nice? Or was it just luck? Wait, don't tell me he is the kind of person who looks nice on the outside but actually psychopathic on the inside? I hope not.

When we arrived at his house, I sat by the dining area while the man went to get something to eat. I wonder what food in this world tastes? Especially since their meat and vegetables are different compared to Erath's. Then after a few minutes, he returned and placed some food on the table.

"You might be hungry. It's not that much, but it can fill an empty stomach. It's stewed rook meat."

The man placed the bowl in front of me. Rook, huh? It was an unfamiliar dish, but even so, the scent of it made my mouth water. It was filled with all sorts of peculiar ingredients. And as I dipped my spoon in the bowl, its texture was like those of mushroom soup back on Earth. It was creamy and smooth.

"Thank you for the food, Mister."

"No problem. Oh, and sorry for the late introduction. I'm Grim Albus."

" For my name... I can't remember it..."

"That's a pretty bad condition you have there. How about your homeland? Can you remember which continent you're from?"

Oh, yeah, in this world, there are a total of 11 continents. Although, the book didn't say where they are. The 11 continents are Elbus, Krots, Horm, Lintor, Zimbar, Freto, Milto, Kromu, Vormus, Giltus, and Tirof. But aside from the continent names, there isn't any additional information on them.

"I'm sorry, but I can't seem to recall it either."

"You're memory loss is worse than I thought. Then after you eat, get some rest, and we'll take you to the mage doctor."

It seems like they don't have medical terms in this world. Albus-san keeps calling it memory loss. Or is the ability of the earring translator limited? Well, anyway, it seems that I have no choice but to see this doctor in person. Albus-san mentioned that the doctor was a mage. So, I think it's most likely that he'll use magic or something like that. I'm kind of curious to see what that looks like.

Now, for the food, I wonder how it tastes? As I took a spoonful of it in my mouth, I was surprised. The meat and the other ingredients don't taste like anything from my world. I couldn't exactly explain how it tasted, but all I could say was that it was delicious.

"Albus-san, this tastes amazing! Did you cook it?"

"As a matter of fact, I did. You like it?"

"Yeah."

I thought the food in this world wouldn't be tasty compared to Earth's, but I stand corrected. After finishing the entire bowl, Albus-san gave me a room to sleep in for the meantime.

I went on and laid down. The beds in Earth are arguably better than the ones in here. Well, there is a thin layer of cushion, but it's lacks compared to Earth's mattress. But I am kind of tired, so I'll take a quick nap.

[AT: Ah, writing an isekai sure is tiring. Especially the world building part. So, if you see some kind od pothole or anything like that please do contact me by joining my discord channel. https://discord.gg/7E75M6CfkJ.]

1