ACCEPTING REQUEST
136 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Lorem Ipsum" Dialogue

'Lorem Ipsum' Inner monologue

------Amish's POV--------

'It's been a week since I joined Adventurer's Guild, since I am an E-rank adventurer I was not eligible for monster hunting requests, that baldy only gave me request which is similar to errands in the name of training'

"First rule of adventurers- be informed about your base"

'By saying that he gives me requests like finding the cat, clean attic, be a guide, all these types of work for chump change.'

'These types of jobs are mainly taken by slum children as they have no money, they take these low paying jobs to collect money for weapons, and armors so they can take jobs outside the walls of capital'

'I am getting tired of these jobs If that baldy gives me another job I going to create a racket'

Amish entered the guild through its classic ever-present batwing door. And made a beeline toward the corner reception where no one dares to make a line.

Ting~

Ting~

Ting~

"Stop sounding the, I heard you, I an old, my ear hurts"

"Tsk, It is you brat, why can't you make a line near those beautiful elder sisters, guild employ them for a reason."

"Because no one is here, and I don't need to stand behind a queue. I here for a request, give me a good job not those chump changes"

"It's only a week you are demanding jobs now, you got some guts huh.

"Baldy I am warning you"

Just as Amish uttered the word baldy Markus catches Amish's head in iron grips.

"Huh... what did you say? repeat again will yaa."

"Ow, owowow, It hurts sorry sorry."

"I can't hear you? say it again and with respect."

"I am sorry Mister Markus"

After that Markus releases Amish's head from his grip.

"You want some excitement, here take this job"

Markus takes out a request from the drawer and presents it to the Amish.

"What is it?"

"Don't ask, read"

"uhm....The request is about- find a stolen letter and reward is 10 sivers."

"This is a big sum for an E-rank request"

"No this is a D-rank request, the requester asked you to find a letter which was along with the stolen luggage, and the description is written behind the request."

'So this is a letter with a seal of a phoenix, huh isn't it phoenix is the ensign of Redgrave Ducal house'

"How do I find a letter in a behemoth named Mesopotamia, don't you know how big is the capital, I alone won't be able to find it"

"Here is a tip, those who steal for a living are not idiots, since they dared to steal from a high profile target knowingly, or unknowingly, they have opened the luggage so that they can sell the contents."

"So you are saying that after finding the letter they will sell it"

"Of course they will sell it, anything related to ducal house is important information for the residence of the dark side of the capital, and by stretch adventurers also fall in this line, faster you learn lesser you suffer."

"So, where would they sell the letter?"

"In my opinion, they might try to sell it to the Thieve's Guild or back to its owner for a price"

"So I didn't ask who is the requester?"

"Oh, he is a new kid who came to the capital under someone's recommendation to become a butler of Redgrave house, his name is Claude."

"Isn't it dangerous, someone might try to impersonate Claude."

"Yes it is you need to act fast for this job, and also a reminder, you are not the only one on the request. Now go let me sleep, yawn~"

Amish returns outside of guild building.

'Where do I find Thieve's Guild? Ah, I know Bavli would know where to find them.'

***************************************************************************************************************************

"Rumil, I am back"

Amish announced as entered the shop after a week.

"Oh, you came after a long time. How have you been?"

"I doing fine. Is Bavil at the back"

"Yes both of them are, they will be happy to see you"

Amish walked toward the back of the shop where smithy can hear the rhythmic sounds of the hammer hitting the metals.

Ton~

Ton~

Ton~

"Master Duran, Bavil, how are both of you, I brought gifts"

"Brat, come hear take your hammer, and start beating those ingots."

"But I just came."

"So what? You will get rusty if you don't hammer regularly"

"Where do I keep this?"

Amish shows Duran a 10 year aged wine that he stole from Jean's wine cellar.

Duran quickly puts his hammer down and takes the bottle from his hand.

"Oh, this is some good elven wine, it is not like our Dwarven wine but it will do"

Dwarves and elves are also known for their winemaking, they know what is good wine is when they smell it.

Just as Duran was about to open the bottle for a sip, the bottle disappears."

"Not now, we will open it later, right darling."

Rumil suddenly appears and snatches the bottle from Duran's hand.

"O-Of course I was just smelling, but can't I have a sip, pretty please"

Duran asked with expectation showing in his eyes as runs after his wife."

Amish put on his fire-resistant apron and gloves and started hammering the ingots in a rhythmic fashion.

"Bavil I have favor to ask"

"What is it anything for a friend, we have known each other for almost three years now."

"Well do you know where I can find the Thieve's Guild?"

Bavil stops hammering after hearing the question.

"Why do you want to know and how do you know?"

"Well I need the location for a request I took in adventurer's guild and well for the second question I have seen you repairing thieve's equipment before so I thought you knew."

"I can tell you but why do you want to know?"

Amish tells Bavil the whole story about him accepting a request from the guild.

"So what are you going to do?"

"I will try to negotiate with them, another wise I have to think of something"

"I hope you are not thinking of stealing from thieves guild"

"Well I hope so, I don't want to steal from the thieves"

"Of course stealing from Thieves' guild is hard, they are pro and you are a novice. Meet me tomorrow night I will be showing you the underbelly of Mesopotamia."

5