Zero
40 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If the mission of the Commission of Counter Ghoul (CCG) to dispatch the Ghouls located in the 20th Ward’s aqua building was a success, the CCG would have never known.

They had sent a team approximately forty five minutes ago and yet there was no confirmation as to how the mission went.

Because the whole squad sent to the aqua building was dead.

And if another squad went up to the thirty third floor, the first thing they would have seen would have been three things: surprising, beautiful, and terrifying.

A purple-haired Ghoul laying on the corpses of the original CCG squad, naked, feeding on the flesh of the bodies.

And if they were to interrupt this process they either would have first been killed by the Ghoul or been interrupted themselves by a large man in a white dress suit and an out-of-place hockey mask, who was cracking his fingers.

“I guess they weren’t exaggerating when they called you the ‘binge eater’,” the man said while walking toward the strange Woman.

He stepped into the light allowing the female Ghoul to get a good look at the broad-shouldered fellow through her peripherals.

In response to this statement she dropped someone’s bloody head.

“You know I hate it when people interrupt my meal,” she said.

“I suppose you haven’t heard of me then?”

The Woman (if female Ghouls could even be classified as Women) rose to her feet.

“Of course I have,” she replied. “You’re a hopeless dull person with abhorrent tastes.”

This answer struck the man as funny and his shoulders shook as he laughed.

“I have my orders. I’ve been told to bring you back alive.”

The man’s bloodshot eyes widened before he continued, “But you know . . . Before I do that, I think I’ll help myself to a couple of fingers, an arm, or maybe even a leg or two . . .”

He cracked another finger using his thumb.

“You don’t mind, do you,” the man asked, pulling out a steel object. Pliers.

“Such a small toy for such a big boy. I bet you like playing house,” the Purple-haired female remarked. “How adorable.”

Without warning, the man rushed at the Woman with surprising speed for his size. “Allow me . . . to remove them for you,” he said.

Bright red objects sprouted from the man’s back and buried themselves in the fish tank to their right. As they exited the tank and the glass broke, water, no longer under control of it’s oppressor, rushed out, drenching the man and his white suit along with the Woman.

Blood stained the water as it finally all hit the floor, flooding it.

But the Woman was gone. She had vanished.

“Give those back,” he growled angrily at the sight of his missing pliers. They had been his favorite. “Those are mine!”

But the Ghoul was far away, having exited through the glass panel in the roof. She inspected the pliers with curiosity as she listened to the man shout like a child with a tantrum. 

How funny. She smiled.

“I’m not going to play with you.”

The wind blew her hair as she stood on a metal beam high above, overlooking the rest of the City.

She tossed the steel tool carelessly and watched it clatter onto some train tracks.

After a brief moment of feeling the cold wind blow against her bare body, she vanished into the night.

2