Rise of The NPC CH 4
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[View of Safwan/C6 in the Real World, Outside of Caster Online]

 

Stepping out of the taxi with everything from his office, Safwan Inara headed into his apartment in a rush. Taking the stairs two at a time, the wind caught his long shirt, but he was careful.

 

The box held some of the most critical things Safwan had left. 

 

Notes, A picture of his late wife, Aamna, and the ADM Flash Card he had created, but it had been meant for him. 

 

None of that mattered now, Matrix was out of control, and Safwan had created her. He had tried but had been thrown out along with his warnings.

 

Setting down the box, Safwan fumbled with his key as he tried to get the door open. 

 

He was mad, but that wasn't why he rushed. Every second was four minutes in Caster Online, and he needed to get this into that boy before he was killed.

 

Safwan Burst into his apartment, the smell of Incense was still fresh from when he had left less than an hour ago. Rushing to the specially built VIRMMORPG Gaming chair, he had helped design, keeping the test. 

 

Placing the box on the ground, Safwan picked up the drive and the picture, putting the picture to his forehead. He could almost feel Aamna's hand in his, and he closed his eyes as his chest tightened and the tears came.  

 

"This wasn't what was supposed to happen; you were supposed to help me create the world we always dreamed of!" Safwan said as he squeezed his eyes closed harder and then whipped his face.

 

Placing her face on his, Safwan sat back, and the chair came to life, the upper portion lowering down. Safwan placed the flash drive in the slot and then started to count backward from ten.

 

After placing the special clear helmet on his head, soundwaves at a Delta frequency forced Safwan into sleep. The machine he was in altered his mind to make him think he was in the game, creating the world in Safwans mind.

 

Inside here, Safwan used C6, but only because it was an old joke, C6 on the sea. Before entering the game, he added special shields to hide his entry and presence.

 

C6 now entered the game world of Caster Online without a body, looking for one person. Rhune.

 

He had watched this unique NPC and noticed strange Commands in him that were different from the others. He had not been about to figure out what they meant; the code had progressed far past his understanding.

 

It took nothing more than a heartbeat to track him, but I stopped and quickly checked my inventory. The Administrative Access System I had brought with me was gone, and the NPC, Rhune, was at the core of this world, with Matrix.

 

Then Rhune was back in the village, getting beaten, but that stopped right away. The boy wandered to a corner with grain sacks and settled down to sleep. 

 

Safwan mentally sighed but started the job of integrating himself with Rhune. He wasn't sure why She was allowed system access to the boy, but Safwan saw that it was no longer his program after a quick gaze. 

 

The Administrative Access System was alive and already growing inside of Rhune.

 

[Rhune's View]

 

I woke to pain all over my stiff body, the bruises and cuts of the day before still fresh. I could still feel each one of the kicks, and being cramped up had not helped.

 

Laying here wasn't going to help me, and I needed to try and get my work done faster today, or I was going to starve. I opened my eyes and closed them fast. 

 

What was that?

 

A clear blue window floated in front of my face like nothing that I had ever seen before. It had a strange glow, and as I concentrated, I could see some writing, but I couldn't read. 

 

What was going on?

 

Suddenly, there was a voice in my head.

 

[Rhune, you have been chosen to receive this update. My name is C6, and I will be your assistant while you are growing accustomed to the new system.]

 

'How do I hear that voice in my head? Did I get my head messed up that bad last night that I'm hearing voices now?'

 

[Your injuries are non-life-threatening, and your cognitive functions are running at what seems to be the average level. My name is C6, and I will...]

 

'I heard you the first time,'

 

[Ah, see, you are getting the hang of it!]

 

'What do you mean by a system? and what is an update?' 

 

[ You are being given access to a unique system to help you become more effective. This will give you access to special features according to the system's design. With this system, you will be able to rise here in Castria and take control of your destiny!]

 

'Special Features? Systems? What does any of this have to do with a Castless like me?' I questioned.

 

[Everything! You now have the ability to alter spells other people cast! On top of that, later on, you will be able to change the world around you!]

 

C6 sounded excited, and I almost didn't want to burst his bubble. If that was the system's real purpose, well, then it was just in the way. 

 

I had to get my meal ticket today; since the tokens were the only thing I could get food with, that was my only concern. My meal from the day before was long gone, and I was starting to feel.

 

[What? I do not get what the problem is; why are you not happy?]

 

'Can the system get me food?'

 

[Not yet, but there are other parts...]

 

I got up and blocked the voice out somehow, I just thought it, and it stopped.

 

I am sure that this voice wanted to help me, but If it couldn't help me get the only thing that I needed, then it could wait. In this world, food and a safe place to sleep were the only essential things.

1