CHAPTER 12
838 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Blaise POV

 

Varix admitted to me that he's hearing voices once again. I can't seem to keep myself from worrying about him.

But he assured me that everything would be fine. I should all have faith in him. I'm sure he's trying everything he can to get back to normal and recuperate from what happened to me. I need to be there for him.

Varix kissed me on the cheek and said, "Congratulations, my beautiful Blaise, the fashion show was a huge success."

Is it just on the cheek? I'd like to have it on my lips as well. God, control yourself Blaise!

Varix is currently having an problem. Don't be a pervert. But I'm afraid I won't be able to.

"Hehe thanks~"

I encircled his waist with my arms. I can't help but sniff him because I'm so near to him. I'm leaning in close to his chest.

Despite the fact that I'm clingy to him, I'm sure he's not bothered because, unfortunately, he only sees me as a sibling.

Sara, my Blonde best friend, said, "Hey Blaise, stop harassing your brother."

"What Varix smells like, you know hehe," I smirked.

"Really?"

"Of course"

"You know I don't believe all you say. I need proof that he has a pleasant smell. So, Blaise, please allow me to sniff him as well."

"Okay"

"Blaise, you're an idiot! I had no idea you agreed so easily." Sara wrapped her arms around Varix's right arm. She rests her head on Varix's neck.

"Sara, what the fuck are you doing!"

"What~ you said is fine," she teasingly says.

"You know I don't believe all you say. I need proof that he has a pleasant smell. So, Blaise, if you don't mind, I'd like to sniff him as well."

"Okay"

"Blaise, you're an idiot! I had no idea you agreed so easily." Sara wraps her arms around Varix's right arm. She rests her head on Varix's shoulder.

"Sara, what the fuck are you doing!"

"What~ you said is fine," he teasingly says.

What!?... I was too preoccupied with sniffing Varix to notice what she was saying, so I just agreed.

"Let go! Enough with the sniffing!" Damn, I'm becoming annoyed to her.

"Okay, that's-"

Varix gets interrupted before he can say anything. Diane bursts in. She, my brown-haired friend.

"What the hell is going on here? Is there a group hug?"

"Diane, come in here and sniff Varix as well." Diane hugged Varix enthusiastically.

"Ahh! Stop it! You two must immediately let go!"

This is starting to irritate me as well. Aside from that, I can't help but worry about Varix. These girls are quite close to him.

"Wow, Vyvy has a pleasant scent." Diane refers to Varix as Vyvy. When we questioned why she chose Vyvy, she explained that she has wanted a dog since she was a child, but she has never had the opportunity due to an allergy. And when we asked her what the connection was between calling him Vyvy and getting a dog, she respond; all she wanted to say was that she wanted a puppy. That's all.

"So you believe I've been smell horrible all along, Diane?" Varix was taken aback by Diane's remark.

Varix's calm remark was reassuring to hear. I'm at rest now, and the voices he's hearing in his head haven't been triggered.

"Yeah, because Blaise forbade me and Sara from hugging you, I assume you stink horrible and Blaise is only trying to protect us from your lethal odor."

Sara couldn't stop laughing.

Diane is a slow-witted girl, and I often feel ridiculous talking to her. I'm not sure why she became my best friend in the first place.

"Ah, so you're avoiding me because you think I have a foul odor?" Varix's mouth was gaping open. He reacts in a charming way.

I can't get over how long it's been since we've had a decent conversation with her.

When the doctor told him that interacting with others would help him recover faster, he agreed. Varix tried to befriend Diane, but she eluded him every time he approached her. I'm not sure if Sara likes Varix, unlike Sara, who is always trying to be close to him. Sara may also be overly friendly to everyone.

"Yes, but I'm wrong, so why has Blaise prevented us from hugging you?" While still embracing Varix, she tilted her head.

I forgot they were still hugging Varix, and Sara had a blissful expression on her face.

"Yeah! Now is the time to let go."

"All right, let me go now; we're starting to get people's attention."

"I don't want to~" Sara, why are you acting like such a cute girlfriend now!?

"Why do Sara and I have to let Vyvy go? Isn't it a group hug?"

"No, it isn't!" 

"Ah, so that explains why I'm hugging him?"

"Diane, why did you ask me that? I don't know"

"And why are you so enraged? We're just hugging him right now "This time, it's Sara.

"Enough," Varix said as he drew himself away from us.

He took a step back from us.

"Anyway, Varix, this is your first time here at our campus, but you already have an angelic wife, huh?" Sara joked.

"Shut up, Sara, it's just a marriage booth," I say, my gaze narrowing on her.

Damn you, angelic wife! She didn't deserve that kiss in the first place. Because of those nasty voices in his head, Varix was forced to kiss her.

I remembered that filthy marriage booth, especially that kiss, because of Sara.

I didn't see much of what happened in the marriage booth, and I only saw Varix kiss that freshman.

Something in me awoke when I saw that.

That's when I wanted to take Varix away from that freshman and lock him up in his room. Fearing that someone would steal him and take him away from me, Then he forgot about me and my mother.

I'm worried it will happen at some point.

On Varix, I've already been possessive. Varix has become a ladies man. Bitches are continuously attempting to seduce him everywhere he goes. But, due of his mental illness, he never entertains such low lifes as well as being distant and cold to them. And he never allowed me to feel jealous, every time some bitches leeched on him.

So, in front of me,  kissing another girl. It hits the peak of my hatred and jealousy for that freshman.

If I'm not mistaken, Malak Hast is a freshman architecture student who is well-known for her angelic beauty and kind attitude, earning her the nickname "School's Angel."

"How did you know that?"

"You are the main topic on the university forum, even the pictures of you kissing your wife"

"What pictures!" I exclaims, anyone who dares to photograph Varix. I'm going to annihilate it.

"Uh oh, the overprotective skill has been activated!" Diane steps in.

"Shut up-"Varix got in the way before I could say anything.

He awkwardly laughs, "Ha-ha, I guess it's time to go home now, Mom is waiting for us." He knows I'm already in a good mood, and that seeing those photographs would ruin everything all over again. And all he wants is to get away from my questioning.

Oh, and as for that faux priest, his the reason that the fake wedding happened, and if he didn't invite Varix, those voices would never be triggered again, so if I ever see him, I'll compel him to go to seminary so he can become a real priest. That scumbag.

 I could see it in his eyes that that kiss meant something to him. There was a feeling of security and safety.

Varix told us about his past, and we know that the trials he went through left a severe scar on him. He was unable to fully trust others as a result, and he got a mental condition. As a consequence, he created a wall that prohibited us all from advancing. He provides a safe haven to protect himself from trusting others.

I know he's concerned about us, but it's not because he loves Mom and me; it's because he owes us money. We had to wait two years to make him entirely at ease and receive some of his attention and love...

But why did the freshman, who had never met him before, receive so much attention on him? She achieved that effortlessly.

It's unfair...

"By the way, Vyvy, your new hairstyle suits you well. You have the looks of my future boyfriend "Diane gave Varix a thumbs up while smiling brightly.

"Thanks"

"I'm imagine you two will start dating. A serious guy and a foolish girlfriend What a fantastic match! "Sara clasped her hands together.

"Who's the foolish girlfriend, Sara?" Diane's brow furrows, revealing her ignorance.

Sara and Diane were too immersed in their talk to notice anything else. Varix was there when I felt someone softly touch my hand and turn around. Pulling me away from the two towards the exit. I won't be able to bid them goodbyes because they are engrossed in their impulsive chat.

_______

We're sitting in the car right now. We're heading back home. It's almost 7pm, and Mom is calling us constantly, asking us to hurry since he's missing Varix.

His left hand was in my legs, and I was gripping his left arm. I felt safe every time he did this. I was staring at him, but he was looking out the window.

When Mom brought him home, he was filthy and stinky, dressed in tattered clothes and hiding his face with his long hair. He was severely malnourished, and his body was covered with cuts and bruises, some of which left scars. My view of him is that he is simply taking advantage of Mom's generosity to extort money from us. I've decided that I'll never accept him as a brother, I mistreated him for a week. I mostly insulted him because that's what I do best.

Then I never expected it to happen to me one day. Sara and Diane, two of my best friends, and I were harassed in the mall. I was pissed off at the moment because of Varix; we met him at a cafe and Sara had taken a liking to him, saying he was gorgeous and hoping he was single. That has completely ruined my mood.

We were targeted by some pick artists, who even followed us down in the parking lot. Recalling that it really boils my blood. That day, I regretted not bringing my bodyguards.

I had not expected Varix to be the one who would help us. That day, I saw he had no malice toward me or my mother. Despite his fake emotions, as if he wanted to disguise his voidness, I could sense his concern for me.

After that, I was intrigued about his background and how he came to be the way he was. Knowing his past makes me enraged at those who caused Varix to suffer, particularly those who turned him into a prostitute.

Because my family was one of the wealthiest in our country, it was simple for me to get retaliation from those scumbags. Mom, on the other hand, had already taken care of them. Knowing Mom, she turns into a villain when she's angry. I'm sure she put them through more pain than Varix experienced, to the point that they begged her to just kill them.

Varix treats me sweetly and gently, but there is still a wall between us; I'm not sure whether he realizes that Mom and I know that he still doesn't entirely trust us, despite his sweetness and gentleness.

It's all because he owes us money that he's so concerned. 

"Blaise?"

"Blaise!" Varix loudly call me, which served as a cue for me to return to reality.

"Ah yes"

"We're here. Are you okay? Your not feeling well?"

"I'm good" I gave him a sweet smile.

 

24